• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Holding steady between 205 and 210. 209 today, which is quite an accomplishment considering my mother was in town for a week cooking non-stop.

Fletch

Master
    Holding steady between 205 and 210. 209 today, which is quite an accomplishment considering my mother was in town for a week cooking non-stop.

Nice Job maintaining the weight loss. I've got to get serious and get the extra weight off. 205-210 is a good fighting weight for me as well but I'm 35 pounds or so north of that at the moment.

One would think my seemingly very active & healthy Dad going in for a quadruple bypass earlier in the year at age 65 would have been the motivation I needed. I bet your knees and joints appreciate it. Every time I have to squat down my knees scream lose same damn weight fatboy!

Dan1612

Master
    Thanks!
    I'm only 30, so I don't have joint or knee pain yet, but I was carrying 40lb sacks of dirt the other day and the extra amount of weight felt strangely familiar. Feels good, really good to have that off.

Fletch

Master
    Thanks!
    I'm only 30, so I don't have joint or knee pain yet, but I was carrying 40lb sacks of dirt the other day and the extra amount of weight felt strangely familiar. Feels good, really good to have that off.

Give it another 10 years. It comes along with a complimentary pair of readers as well.

Feels good to be a little light in the loafers huh? ha ha

Jeb21

Master
    Jeep. Glad you are working on your cardio cause I have seen you shoot. Running is definatrly your best option. :)

Jeb21

Master
    Jeep. Glad you are working on your cardio cause I have seen you shoot. Running is definately your best option. :)

Jeb21

Master
    You can practice by throwing your guns at me. I will then take them home to make sure they are undamaged by the experience and shoot them to make sure they are safe and then bring them back to you in a reasonable amount of time. Feel free to throw ammo at me as well.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Bringing this thread back to life. The holidays were hectic and stressful and I got away from cycling or doing any other exercise. Last week I started running every other day, since it seems to be one of the most efficient ways to burn calories. I ran 13.5 miles in a week, now I've just got to keep it going if I want to see results.

Dan1612

Master
    I hate exercise. Holding steady at 210 though. Can't complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bringing this thread back to life. The holidays were hectic and stressful and I got away from cycling or doing any other exercise. Last week I started running every other day, since it seems to be one of the most efficient ways to burn calories. I ran 13.5 miles in a week, now I've just got to keep it going if I want to see results.

Good for you. Just like falling off a horse, you get right back in the saddle. I have been on my regime since July of 2014. Lost 100 lbs of fat. Still eating healthy and walking 3-miles a day (41.5 minutes average). Got back into doing some weights and put on 12 lbs of muscle that I had lost. I am happier, healthier, stronger, my core is stronger and stable, and I am maintaining the same waist size (at target weight) that I reached a year ago. I do not have as many issues with my back as I did a couple years ago, but it still limits me. By the Grace of God, life is good.

Keep up the good work. You can do it.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Yeah, I hadn't run consistently in 6 years, then went from couch to 5K in one step last Monday. I was incredibly sore on Tuesday and Wednesday, but everything loosened up once I started running again Wednesday evening. I pushed myself pretty hard yesterday and my pace was much faster than it was all last week. It's a PITA to make myself get out there and do it after a long day of work, but I feel so much better afterwards.

I'm going to start eating a little healthier as well. I'm sure that will make a huge difference.

Dan1612

Master
    My theory is that there's no need to burn the extra calories, if they're not ingested in the first place.

My theory is that there's no need to burn the extra calories, if they're not ingested in the first place.

It is not always a matter of burning extra calories. Cardiovascular activities helps to increase metabolism, lower cholesterol, reduce heart disease, increase/maintain muscle, increase lung capacity, aid in digestion, make you feel good, and can help you sleep better at night. To be thin is one thing, but to be totally healthy is another. Last month, I got a clean bill of health from my doctor. I have been off diabetes and blood pressure medication for a year now. I am med free with the exception of an aspirin (81 mg.) once a day for precaution. When you get over 50 years of age, things change and you have to take better care of yourself if you want to hang around for a lot longer. I have had my brush with death (May 2014) and that was enough incentive for me to straighten up and fly right.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Good work Brant, proud of ya! Just take it slow, exercising in your late (er) 20's and 30's isn't what it was in your teens and early 20's, very easy to get hurt and set yourself back (as I sit with an ice pack on my knee). Keep it up!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Good work Brant, proud of ya! Just take it slow, exercising in your late (er) 20's and 30's isn't what it was in your teens and early 20's, very easy to get hurt and set yourself back (as I sit with an ice pack on my knee). Keep it up!

I was told by a marathon runner recently to go ahead and ice my knees for 20 minutes after every run, whether I feel like I need it or not. I tried that last night and I must say that my knees feel great today.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I was told by a marathon runner recently to go ahead and ice my knees for 20 minutes after every run, whether I feel like I need it or not. I tried that last night and I must say that my knees feel great today.

I've never iced unless I'm injured, but maybe that's why I'm always injured... Stretching is important too, if you have a foam roller use it, if you don't... get one.

Dan1612

Master
    He does exist! Lol.

Top Bottom