• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluesvet

Shooter
    What you guys knocking deer down or leaves a good blood trail? Federal fusion, Hornady?

Shootist

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Don't own a .270 but have used a .243 and a .308, always used factory loaded Remington Core-Lokt, not sure its made anymore since
    Remington went under.

Never had a problem with it, the deer never went more than a few yards if I did my part, not sure it really makes a difference as
    long as you use good modern designed ammunition.

hunter01

Master
    If I was going to shoot a 270 I would shoot Hornady American Whitetail, it's available in 130 grain and 140 grain and cost just over $20. This is actually Hornady's old custom ammo they just changed the packaging. I shoot it in my 7mm, my oldest son shoots it in 7mm, 270, and 308 and my youngest son shoots it in 350 legend and 6.5 Creedmoor. I shoot it in several other calibers also it shoots under 1 inch groups in every gun we have shot it in and it has very good performance on deer in the above calibers.

bluesvet

Shooter
    My wife and both shoot Coreloks in our 270 and 308. Both deer had to be tracked with little or no blood trail 100 yards away. Small exit wounds. Maybe it’s just us, but I accuse my wife of shooting blood less bullets. I want to try something else.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    My wife and both shoot Coreloks in our 270 and 308. Both deer had to be tracked with little or no blood trail 100 yards away. Small exit wounds. Maybe it’s just us, but I accuse my wife of shooting blood less bullets. I want to try something else.
    Try the hornady black in the 308. Jacket busts and gets caught in hide on exit side, looks like a gernade went off in em.
    20240122_210128.jpg
    20240122_210112.jpg

Top Bottom