• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5lima30ret

Master
    Ever had the chance to shoot from an airborne platform?
    Looks easier than it is. JMHO.
    ^^^Agreed!^^^ I was a gunner on UH-1N Huey's and later on MH-53 Pave Lows. Try and fix a link separation on 7.62 Mini-gun while flying a dog-bone gun pattern on NVG's! The Browning .50 was a lot simpler to troubleshoot in flight! Just my .02 worth!

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I whacked a bunch of decent sized hogs on a buddies orchard in Yee Haw Junction many years ago. .223 Winchester Ranger 55gr and Hornady American Whitetail (I think) in .62gr out of a Colt 6720 16". Buddies were using an AR10, and a lever gun in .35 Remington. Pigs got dead and didn't seem to have a preference as to caliber. The .30 calibers left bigger holes, but the .223 left some pretty serious tissue damage at 75-125ish yards.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I whacked a bunch of decent sized hogs on a buddies orchard in Yee Haw Junction many years ago. .223 Winchester Ranger 55gr and Hornady American Whitetail (I think) in .62gr out of a Colt 6720 16". Buddies were using an AR10, and a lever gun in .35 Remington. Pigs got dead and didn't seem to have a preference as to caliber. The .30 calibers left bigger holes, but the .223 left some pretty serious tissue damage at 75-125ish yards.
    See this is a solid reason to have a bump stock.

Deersniper270

Master
    Well we didn’t have any luck today. Someone beat me to the spot I wanted to go and I decided to find another. We went to two different spots and found so really good sign but no hogs. We will try it again next time!

Leverdude

Shooter
    Just for reference, a buddy of mine downed a 300lb hog with a 243wssm out of an AR platform. The bullets made it thru entrance side but stuck in the armor on the back side. Believe 90gr SP.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_1(2).jpg
      imagejpeg_1(2).jpg
      136.2 KB · Views: 112

SMeyer524

Marksman
    They work good on afghanistan goats from out the door of a UH-60, I know from experience
    5.56 out of a chopper? Must’ve been a passenger. I always preferred .50 cal or at the least 7.62 out of the GAU-17.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom