• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Funny thing is their "sisgender" store field and stream still sells guns and ammo...

I'm kind of surprised but I guess when your name is Field & Stream I guess they can't deny being a gun supporting store like Dick's Sports and Outdoors. Sucks, I really like Field & Stream, they carry guns made by Bergara and Carhart shirts and jackets in tall sizes.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    No one has humor or fun any longer^^^

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I'm kind of surprised but I guess when your name is Field & Stream I guess they can't deny being a gun supporting store like Dick's Sports and Outdoors. Sucks, I really like Field & Stream, they carry guns made by Bergara and Carhart shirts and jackets in tall sizes.
    Well it just goes to show they are talking out the side of their mouths. Dicks is still selling guns and ammo just under a shell company / different brand.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Wife had to have a procedure at Baptist Hospital this AM. While she was having it done I slipped away to Academy. Got there about 8:30. Only thing left on the shelf was steel .380 and .45. I asked the counter guy if they had any 9mm today. He said yes but that it all was gone in short order. He said that now for Christmas they are opening up at 7AM and the line begins forming about 5AM. He said that I should come back because they were putting more ammo out about 11AM. Couldn't go back because I had to be back at the hospital at that time to get my wife.

Living in Gulf Breeze I am never over in P'Cola at the right time to possibly score my 3 boxes. Oh well.

skyydiver

Marksman
    So when they DO have ammo of any kind, is it on the normal aisle? I’m in the same boat as you, I get to pcola once in a great while. When I do stop by it looks like they’ve repurposed the ammo aisle for binary targets etc...

I would expect to see hunting calibers, at least unpopular ones hanging around. Have they just stopped ordering anything but the hot sellers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    That Win 855 was on the shelves at Academy about 2 weeks ago. Limit was three "items". ---- SAWMAN

tros6t

Marksman
    I had all of this fun chasing ammo in 2008. Guess it can be a challenge, you know, like treasure hunting. Not playing this time. I’ll watch the youtubers shoot!
    But really more interest in either the 2018 E.O. For foreign election interference or the old Insurrection Act? It’s anyone’s guess at this point, however nothing, and I mean nothing will surprise me at this point! How does that relate to ammo? We’ll have to see!

Bay Ranger

Master
    So when they DO have ammo of any kind, is it on the normal aisle? I’m in the same boat as you, I get to pcola once in a great while. When I do stop by it looks like they’ve repurposed the ammo aisle for binary targets etc...

I would expect to see hunting calibers, at least unpopular ones hanging around. Have they just stopped ordering anything but the hot sellers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, when they do have any ammo in it is on the same isle where it used to be. I suppose that they are using the vacant "real estate" of shelves where all of their ammo used to be. No sense leaving empty shelves empty! I suppose that they are putting the binary stuff on the shelves as opposed to on the racks they have in the middle of the isle.

If you are in need of hunting ammo they had some at the gun shop on Hwy 90 in Milton. two week-ends ago. Can't remember exactly what they had. I do remember .243, 7MM-08 and .308.

I keep looking for .38Spl everywhere I go. None available anywhere. Can order it on-line but Ammoseek links to web sites that want $1.00 a round or more plus shipping. Guess the wheel gun will just stay cleaned in the safe.

SAWMAN

Master
    I wont want a buck a shot for my 38Spec ammo. ---- SAWMAN

no woryz

Marksman
    they have ammo again..... Sierra brand 9mm, etc..... too many to list..... Monarch .223 100 rd for $29.99...

flow

Expert
    I hope very. Just picked up 600 rounds of steel 223. Thanks for the tip. Still jhp 9mm 115 and 124. Some 45 jhp. 2 or 3 100 round of 223 as of ten minutes ago

5lima30ret

Master
    Wish I could stake out the Acadamy. Love blasting that steel case stuff. 9mm, 45 223 & 308. Wonder how accurate that monarch is??
    I have shot the Monarch steel .45 in my Colt 1991 A-1, Monarch 9mm steel in my 9mm AR, Monarch steel .223 in my AR pistol and AK pistol with zero problems. It is a bit dirtier ammo, but I use a 50/50 mix of Mobil 1/ Marvel Mystery Oil in all my guns so cleaning is easy! Just my .02 worth!

flow

Expert
    I wanted to hit the range today but the rain will make my favorite one hard to get to and couple others are closing early. But I'll find one Saturday. I buy to practice

Latest posts

Top Bottom