• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Va boy

Marksman
    If any of you use this combination for loading 9mm, I'd be interested in hearing about it. What is your favorite Unique powder charge? Berry's double struck plated 115 gr round nose, Unique and small pistol primer. Thanks

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    I have loaded and shot a lot of berrys plated. They are awesome....especially for the price. I use accurate #2 though.

Va boy

Marksman
    I have shot a couple thousand of these. I tried a few loads at different powder charges. Since they all cycled the gun, didn't batter the hell out of it and showed no signs of over-pressurization I opted for the lesser of the three charges. I'm going to do a few more and drop the charge by .1 gr and then maybe .2 gr. I am not firing through a chrony so am unsure of the velocity. They have a good factory feel, meaning nothing suprising, but am interested in other's experiences/loadings with this powder. Loadings were 5.1, 5.3, and 5.5 grains of Unique at 1.145 seat depth. Going to drop to 5.0 and 4.9 and test a few. Side note, when and if the powder comes back, I'm going to try some of that Accurate.

Va boy

Marksman
    Tested loads at 5gr, 4.8 gr. And 4.6gr. in G19. There was a very noticeable difference in report and recoil at 4.6. The gun still cycled with no FTF/FTE and the action locked open after the last shot. As the spent cases ejected, they fell almost at my feet. All loadings were reasonably accurate. With that said, but without shooting through a chrony, I think I've found my loading at 4.8gr. Now, if only the powder would start appearing. That would be a good trick.

Last edited:

rick1967

Shooter
    5.3 grains of unique with a 9mm 115grains Berry's round nose, 29mm oal , is a very accurate load and makes 130 pf in my xdm 5.25

Top Bottom