• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    Factually wrong, in bold since you are slow on the uptake.

That is what you are missing, a failure to grasp simple facts.

Which is Leftist-101.

Have a nice day, ;)
    Factually wrong?

Let me make it a little simpler.

American soldiers don’t wear elephant or donkey patches on their uniforms or MAGA patches or Biden patches. Y’know… party symbols. DOD regulations specifically prohibit active duty service members from doing so. They wear the American flag.

Every German uniform of WWII carried the swastika device. The symbol of the Nazi party. Not the German imperial flag, not the tricolour.

You cannot separate “good” Nazis from “bad” Nazis. Despite how a German soldier may have felt on a personal level, silence makes them complicit.

It’s really creepy having to spell this out for people who probably had a family member fighting Nazi fascism in WWII. I guess now that I’m in my 40s it’s somewhat better to just try and explain it through conversation. When I was in my late teens and 20s, we just put a beating on anyone caught out with swastika/white power gear on without saying a word. How times have changed.

rossi

Master
    Factually wrong?

American soldiers don’t wear elephant or donkey patches on their uniforms or MAGA patches or Biden patches. Y’know… party symbols. DOD regulations specifically prohibit active duty service members from doing so. They wear the American flag.

Every German uniform of WWII carried the swastika device. The symbol of the Nazi party. Not the German imperial flag, not the tricolour.

You cannot separate “good” Nazis from “bad” Nazis. Despite how a German soldier may have felt on a personal level, silence makes them complicit.

It’s really creepy having to spell this out for people who probably had a family member fighting Nazi fascism in WWII. I guess now that I’m in my 40s it’s somewhat better to just try and explain it through conversation. When I was in my late teens and 20s, we just put a beating on anyone caught out with swastika/white power gear on without saying a word. How times have changed.
    You are off in your own little world. You have turned this post into something for you to spin.
    In your 40's now? You might get it in another 25 years. Wisdom, most of the time, gets refined with age.

rossi

Master
    Factually wrong?

charlie brown b-17 franz stigler

See what you can do with this.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Factually wrong?

I think you have no idea what you're talking about... but that's ok, it's just the internet.

I wonder if some Taliban soldiers remains were to be found in 70 or 80 years from now, some United States gun forum members will be defending their memory, like they are defending nazi soldiers now?

I'd be more concerned about the US being here 70-80 years from now...
    Especially if segments of our country forget the threats from totalitarian regimes.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Factually wrong?

iu

When the memes start, does that mean the discussion is over?

rossi

Master
    I wonder if some Taliban soldiers remains were to be found in 70 or 80 years from now, some United States gun forum members will be defending their memory, like they are defending nazi soldiers now?
    Some of you keep missing the point. Regroup, Rethink!

See what you can do with this.
    Aw shucks, let’s give the Nazis a pass, this guy didn’t kill defenseless Americans and missed his Knight’s Cross by ONE aerial combat victory. How many did he put in the ground before that?

It’s cool though. He spared the remaining flight crew that his buddies shot to hell earlier. We’ll put that against the Holocaust, carry the one, make sure the decimal place is correct aaaaand let’s see what the tally is… Send me about 6,999,999 more YouTube videos showing Nazi “good deeds” and we’ll call it square.

Really, the biggest travesty of this thread (aside from the Nazi sympathy) is the fact that no one has brought up THIS film in regard to the original article.

Best part of the movie? (contains spoiler)
    Zombie Nazis rise from a watery grave and we get to see them get killed again!

Attachments

• IMG_1434.jpeg
      IMG_1434.jpeg
      60.2 KB · Views: 27

rossi

Master

Aw shucks, let’s give the Nazis a pass, this guy didn’t kill defenseless Americans and missed his Knight’s Cross by ONE aerial combat victory. How many did he put in the ground before that?

It’s cool though. He spared the remaining flight crew that his buddies shot to hell earlier. We’ll put that against the Holocaust, carry the one, make sure the decimal place is correct aaaaand let’s see what the tally is… Send me about 6,999,999 more YouTube videos showing Nazi “good deeds” and we’ll call it square.

My wife's uncle was an Army Combat Medic in WWII. He was in the Battle of the Bulge. He was awarded a Purple Heart, and Silver Star for his Action during the Battle. He crawled out on a snow covered field under intense machinegun fire to treat and retrieve wounded soldiers, American and German.

Was he a "NAZI SYMPATHIZER"?

ccc

Master
    I am sure I know very little compared to you experts. But I do know from serving I would go where ordered and do what I was ordered to do, within reason of course. But I am sure there are LOTS of soldiers, from LOTS of countries, involved in LOTS of conflicts and wars, that did not want to be there, did not agree with the circumstances of the conflicts, but felt compelled to do so under the circumstances. I have always hated the Nazis and their atrocities, but as was said the missing and dead of ALL conflicts were brothers, fathers, sons, and their families prayed for them to come home. War is hell folks.

Some of you keep missing the point. Regroup, Rethink!
    I was just wondering, not trying to get anyone to think or anything.

My wife's uncle was an Army Combat Medic in WWII. He was in the Battle of the Bulge. He was awarded a Purple Heart, and Silver Star for his Action during the Battle. He crawled out on a snow covered field under intense machinegun fire to treat and retrieve wounded soldiers, American and German.

Was he a "NAZI SYMPATHIZER"?

Okay, you can have this one. You only need to post 6,999,998 more YouTube videos.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    No, not all Germans soldiers were Nazis. In fact, some of the soldiers absolutely despised the views and leadership of the Nazi party but they had no choice but to go along with it. As I'm sure you know by now that when a group of people become so stubborn headed in one direction, people will do anything to keep that kind of power, and that is most likely what the German soldiers were faced with. A decision to become a Nazi or die.
    AnswerThey were a very mixed bunch of men. Some were a real puzzle to the Allies, such as a handful of Protestant ministers found in the Waffen-SS who were taken prisoner by the British. It seems they were a woefully confused and naive little band of "brethren". AnswerNo. Actual members of the Nazi Party were a minority in Germany. They had a draft, universal compulsory military service, so men of the appropriate age were in the military whether they wanted to be there or not. Some were anti-war and anti-Nazi, but had to keep it quiet or they'd be killed or wind up in a camp. And it might not help at all, when you got into combat. Allied troops couldn't tell anti-Nazis from fanatics with the shooting going on. And, some soldiers in the army were just as brutal and every bit as murderous as any Nazi, without belonging to the party. Germany in effect had two armies - the wehrmacht, which wore gray, and the SS, which wore black. SS men were almost all Nazis, and were all hunted after the war, and they frequently tried to pass themselves off as members of the regular army right after the war because they knew they were objects of special interest. SS men had their blood type tattooed under the left arm, so that gave them away. SS units committed a lot of the atrocities. The Waffen SS fought alongside the wehrmacht, but other branches of the SS ran the concentration camps and staffed the Einsatzgruppen, who murdered people in their towns without bothering to send them to a camp.

Top Bottom