• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Better to leave it..... nobody is buying that crap.....dont give it any legitimacy by trying to pull it.
    Originator is surely full of $hit and isnt even trying to hide it.
    Reading crap like that on this forum does give you the feeling that the enemy is on our doorstep though.....even if they have been here all along....just makes you shiver.:behindsofa:

The problem with imposters IRT to situations like this is they show their hand withoutt realizing it. There's always a bit of missed information, wrong assumption or some little tidbit that doesn't flow with their statements. They contradict themselves and show their lack of experience on the subject.

bac3996

Marksman
    To those calling for deletion of this article, I'm ok with that. I merely posted it to let those that don't follow the news see whats being said by people that call themselves firearms enthusiast .

I do not agree with his views , But do see where his views are coming from. We actual need more of you guys who are well educated on firearms to find ways to get media coverage and start reciting the truth about firearms and there legal owners.

But unfortunately there's more negative then positive views in the media.

All to many firearms owners rely on the NRA or other organizations to voice your opinions. If firearms owners would actually band together and make their voices all heard, There would be very little law implantation the Government could do.

For every 2 families in America there are at least 2-3 guns in one of those families . They may not all be used for, hunting, personal protection, or target shooting. but they are in the homes left by deceased relatives or traded for other goods just laying in a corner .

Showing up at meeting about gun control dressed like regular tax payers not in hunting attire with rifles strung over your shoulders will gain you more respect by those politicians still unsure how to vote and those that can lobby for the firearms owners and even the media.

Everyone needs to join in and bickering on Social Media sites does more harm then good.It's just more ammunition for the antis.

If you fail to agree on something posted, Step back a second and think of a acceptable way to disagree with the article . Use facts to strengthen what you have to say. The smarter you sound and the less self righteous you appear, You'll get you point across.

If the post needs deleting Mods go right ahead.

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    Read the first little bit and then skipped to the end waiting on the punch line but it never came... I thought this had to be satire but as I finished the article I realized it was just a fool spewing trash.

Little Jack

Master
    I've served in a job that is associated with firearms. Because of that association and other non verifiable pieces of information, what i have to say should clearly be listened to and followed by all.

Hugh, where do you find all those great clips?

Snow Bird

Master
    And some on here call me a lib!!!! What these people need to do do is move to ILL. They already have this bullshit. Need a lisence to buy a gun and ammo. Try to get a ccw in ILL.

EDIT, Its called a Gun Owners ID Card.

MarkS

Master
    FOID Firearms Owner Identification Card in Illinois according to my poor nephew who lives outside the Quad Cities. Shawn VanDiver and others like him work to undermine our 2nd Amendment rights while pretending to be true conservatives.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Shawn VanDiver and others like him work to undermine our 2nd Amendment rights while pretending to be true conservatives.

Yea, he's a piece of work who attempts to use a strategy of "appeal to authority" by stating that he is a former Navy firearms instructor, police officer etc. in order to make it appear he has some divine knowledge that others who disagree with him don't possess. Basically he sets up a Red Herring that only the most ignorant would fall into believing.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    ^^^^^This is just as ridiculous as the original article.

Agreed!!!! National liscence? Really. Go back to drink the cool aid. That's what most of the liberals want. National gun registry. So they know exactly who to go after when the SHTF. You are a part of the problem.

MarkS

Master
    "Basically he sets up a Red Herring that only the most ignorant would fall into believing." The bad part is that Congressmen will cite this crap and say even gun owners support whatever regulation they are trying to enact to further restrict our Constitutional rights.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    "Basically he sets up a Red Herring that only the most ignorant would fall into believing." The bad part is that Congressmen will cite this crap and say even gun owners support whatever regulation they are trying to enact to further restrict our Constitutional rights.

Like I said, Only the most ignorant and politicos definitely fall into that category.

Want2yak

Expert
    I read this post when it first came up could not believe someone that actually owns a firearm and is not afraid of it would post such nonsense unless they wanted a rise. So I thought I would share my thoughts. Sounds to me like the original poster was or is a member of a debate club. Where they have to debate the pro's of a subject they don't agree with. I guess it's to make you a better debater. To me it just makes them a better liar.

Sent from my iPad

Sailing_Faith

Shooter
    Gun control = hitting your target. Any other foolishness only favors the lawless..... Or forces us all to become lawless...

jakec

Master
    What these people need to do do is move to ILL. They already have this bullshit. Need a lisence to buy a gun and ammo. Try to get a ccw in ILL.

EDIT, Its called a Gun Owners ID Card.

i did not know this. i bet you could make a killing reloading blackmarket ammo up there. holy smokes! how do they get people to live there?

Welldoya

Master
    "I love my guns, and I’m no hypocrite. But I love my son more."

Oh please, like it's an either or situation. This guy is obviously a plant. He doesn't own the first gun.
    Illinois is the first thing I thought of too. You can't even order ammo on-line in Illinois unless the vendor has a copy of your FOID card and then you have to call. Can't use the website. I've got a buddy up there that I would let know when Cabela's had .22 ammo available. He had a heck of a time getting any because by the time he called, it was gone.
    I do believe they are making some progress up there in the concealed carry department though. I think some legislation passed just a couple of months ago that would make it easier to get a permit.

Top Bottom