• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baddog 0302

Master
    What we need is a new "imoji" like the one that shows a rat with just his head in a trap and all his buddies are gathered around to " have their way with him"
    this would be for anyone to use if they thought someone was being a "gouger" for wanting to sell something for 3 or 4 times what the going price is.
    I know,if you don't want to pay the price, move on. IIt just seams like in the past 3 months this forum has picked up new members that just want to sell "stuff" at 4 times the going price

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Just use the sad or angry emoji. Of course, that could be considered saying something negative on someone else's for sale thread, so who knows.

I figure, a buyer is responsible to do their own due diligence. If you feel the need to make a statement, perhaps a more productive method is to simply clarify exactly what is for sale and what is the asking price.

Most "gougers" don't embellish the details and leave themselves open to legitimate questions/clarifications. If you spell it out, a prospective buyer simply has to Google the item(s) and make their choice if it's worth it to them.

Just a thought.

Baddog 0302

Master
    After starting this I had time to ponder on it while walking my two 4 legged children.
    My rule # 1 is make sure the screwing you get, is worth the screwing you get..
    In other words make sure what you get is worth what you have to give to get it.
    If someone is willing in to pay $ 150.00 to $ 200.00 for a brick of primers, $ 65.00 for ONE pound of powder / $ 500.00 for an 8 # jug.
    off to get set up to load a bunch of M-262 and M-852 equivalent ammo
    ;)

FrommerStop

Master
    After starting this I had time to ponder on it while walking my two 4 legged children.
    My rule # 1 is make sure the screwing you get, is worth the screwing you get..
    In other words make sure what you get is worth what you have to give to get it.
    If someone is willing in to pay $ 150.00 to $ 200.00 for a brick of primers, $ 65.00 for ONE pound of powder / $ 500.00 for an 8 # jug.
    off to get set up to load a bunch of M-262 and M-852 equivalent ammo
    ;)
    We have had and still got covid, BLM, and Biden along with the capitol under military lock down. I do not have as much ammo as some, but I have ammo. If I did not I would likely be buying at least a few of the price gouged items.
    I am not sure what to say about the forum policy on gouging. Not really my problem or responsibility. My suggestion is that there be a policy for someone that just joined to not be allowed to post for sale until some minimal period of time has past and posts made. Selling things here should be for members that are here for things in addition to selling and also the same for buying.

SAWMAN

Master
    DOUBLE LIKE THE POST ^^^^^ ABOVE by FS
    Another thought would be. Who are the extreme gougers gouging to ?? The smart people ?? The people that had the forethought to buy while cheap and abundent ?? The "realists" that saw this coming ?? OR - -> The people that instead of guns and ammo bought cigarettes and beer ??
    NOW some of us "gougers" are expected to feel bad ?? Give 'em a break ??
    IMO there should be a 60 day selling rule. No sale or trade adds until you have been a member here for 60 days. --- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    I think a lot of people that are crying “gougers” aren’t keeping up with prices.
    And by “keeping up” I don’t mean looking on Gunbroker a couple of weeks ago. Prices are changing almost daily.
    I consider myself to be fairly informed but I was looking at GB last night and was astonished.
    Not too long ago, 5.56 was going for 70 cents a round, then a couple of weeks ago it was 90 cents, now it’s bringing $1 plus shipping.
    This panic is different than the others. I’m not sure ammo is coming back until (if) the Republicans get back in office. I think there’s more going on here than what meets the eye.
    I saw this picture posted on another forum. What does the yellow tape mean? Could be just a liberal employee poking a stick in the eye of gun owners or it could be a sign that they aren’t getting anymore.
    It’s tempting to sell a bunch of ammo right now but I think I would rather have the ammo than the money at this point.
    I did sell a box of 30/30 the other day (I researched prices and priced below what it’s going for) and started to sell two boxes but thought better of it and put one box back on the shelf.
    Nobody is going to sell for “normal” price so if you want ammo, it’s going to cost you.
    Just look at it as a procrastination tax.
    87A46C28-1BFE-4D02-AD55-A0C3CAD1CA2E.png

ls1_guru

Master
    Two ways to look at this....

You have people here posting stuff up at the the going rate to get some money in their pocket for something else they want and taking the profit. These are the type that are decent to work with and where I would do business, they take a little on top but not anything crazy, not the gouging type.

OR

You have people who legitimately are gouging. Going to the store when shipments arrive and camping until it's on the shelf, buying it all for store price, then going home, getting online and posting it for X times above to the last penny. We call that taking advantage of the situation with ill intent, and these people in the end will end up getting screwed, hopefully Pulp Fiction style. They know who they are. Help thy neighbor, not screw thy neighbor... then again some are into that but that's different.

Just my thoughts. Yes forum rules you can't say anything on the for sale posts, treat the same as social media, just scroll along...

ls1_guru

Master
    It’s tempting to sell a bunch of ammo right now but I think I would rather have the ammo than the money at this point.

Nobody is going to sell for “normal” price so if you want ammo, it’s going to cost you.
    Just look at it as a procrastination tax.
    Two accurate statements right there... can get money all day, don't get rid of what is not available at the moment. This one is kinda funny haha "procrastination tax".. some people prep, most don't.

Welldoya

Master
    I do not agree with the people that stand in line just to resell. That’s just contributing to the problem. Let the people that need it have it.
    On the other hand, the people that are putting ammo off the shelves of their closet into circulation are making ammo available that otherwise would not be.

FrommerStop

Master
    Two accurate statements right there... can get money all day, don't get rid of what is not available at the moment. This one is kinda funny haha "procrastination tax".. some people prep, most don't.
    If I have more of something than I am going to use, I would likely not ask so much for it or in some cases not anything. Some members have been very generous with me and I like to carry such an attitude forward. But than a lot people do not agree with what I say or do and so I can say my attitude is not well accepted by many.

I am not getting rid of 5.56 and 300 blackout. I might spare a few rounds of 7.62x39.

ls1_guru

Master
    I do not agree with the people that stand in line just to resell. That’s just contributing to the problem. Let the people that need it have it.
    On the other hand, the people that are putting ammo off the shelves of their closet into circulation are making ammo available that otherwise would not be.
    Some members have been very generous with me and I like to carry such an attitude forward. But than a lot people do not agree with what I say or do and so I can say my attitude is not well accepted by many.
    Yup, the truth hurts when you point it out, been down that road already here ha.

I'm right there with you both, have had several deals on here from people literally selling for their money in it, and those that do it for a little cut on top are respectable. It helps to get it out to the people that legit need it.

The "I have this in my closet that's been in here since FDR was in the White House, price is XXX (which is above new ammo price)".. yea, those people are a problem also.

Welldoya

Master
    If I have more of something than I am going to use, I would likely not ask so much for it or in some cases not anything. Some members have been very generous with me and I like to carry such an attitude forward. But than a lot people do not agree with what I say or do and so I can say my attitude is not well accepted by many.

I am not getting rid of 5.56 and 300 blackout. I might spare a few rounds of 7.62x39.

How do you know that you have more than you can use? Nobody knows when (if) ammo availability will return to normal.
    If ammo is again widely available in a couple of years then yes, I have more than I can use.
    If not, I’m gonna need every round I have.

FrommerStop

Master
    How do you know that you have more than you can use? Nobody knows when (if) ammo availability will return to normal.
    If ammo is again widely available in a couple of years then yes, I have more than I can use.
    If not, I’m gonna need every round I have.
    I was given 30 plus lbs of 40 brass by a member here. Probably will not use all of it. Now I have a 5 gal bucket for 5.56 that I will likely use much of for .300 blackout and 5.56 and also for other things. I have ammo for guns that I no longer have for example. I

SAWMAN

Master
    Damn Danny !! You are waaaaay to practical.
    Does ANYBODY realize the profits being made,on a daily basis,by sellers of products that we purchase everyday ?? 50% profit on items is not uncommon. 75-100% profit happens everyday on many items besides ammo.
    Some people are just "ENTITLED" to buy gold at 1994 prices. WHY - - ->
    th.jpeg
    ??? Because their mommies told them that just before they left home on their 24th birthday. I EFFIN HATE WHINERS !! JEEEEEEEZE !!! --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I am still getting the hang of this buy mode....

have no idea about this word sell..

24/7 Hooker

Your Crash is my Cash
    Me being a newer member on the forum and really getting into guns again the last few years. I enjoy the posts and have bought several items and learned a thing or two. I don't post a lot, but do read through quite a bit. I somewhat agree with making newer members wait for sale or trades. Ive seen posts where the seller stated No new members. That's his right to sell to whoever he pleases. On the flip side of that, don't we want more people getting into guns, and exercising their 2nd ammendment rights?

I agree of the negative effects of price gouging. we live on the gulf coast, and have seen it after Hurricanes on various items. so we all know it when we see it.

All I can say is it pays to be prepared. While people were panic buying the t.p, we were buying the Beans,Bullets, and Band aids. Or already had them. If I see gougers I don't do business with them, but someone probably will. Because the fear that has swept through...

and honestly do you feel bad to gouge a few liberals panic buying, Who will probably sell the guns back once Biden says so?

I know my opinion isn't worth as much as some of the OG, or longterm members. but, you still have newer guys like me excited and interested in all things gun. Frustrated with the timing of my newish found hobby.

ls1_guru

Master
    I know my opinion isn't worth as much as some of the OG, or longterm members. but, you still have newer guys like me excited and interested in all things gun. Frustrated with the timing of my newish found hobby.
    Yea, timing is a hair off for sure, and can see that being frustrating. This one here looks like it may get worse before it gets better so just keep that in mind.

Some of us have been in it for years, trust me it's the same thing every time. Things go sideways, stuff is scarce, the financially inadequate come out of the wood work to take advantage of it and try to justify themselves. Just have to look past that and do business with those who have a good attitude and morals, we are out there.

Welldoya

Master
    Jmeeker, I’m just curious, why are you just now getting into guns?
    Is it your age, recent civil unrest, went shooting with a friend or what?

Latest posts

Top Bottom