• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombieh8r

Marksman
    How many of y'all aren't buying anything at the moment? I've been watching firearms, reloading supplies, and even firearms plummet in price the last few months. Talked to someone the other day who referred to it as the "Trump slump".

So who else is sitting back, saving their money, and waiting to pounce when it hits rock bottom?

MarkS

Master
    While I'm not buying it's because I'm paying off bills instead of waiting for the market to bottom out
    A couple more months and then I can start looking for my next purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FNHman

Marksman
    Is there anything "new" even worth buying???? I might consider a 10/22 wild hog addition if I can find one under $300 shipped.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I haven't seen anything lately that attracts my wallet.

rick1967

Shooter
    Already paid in full - I am crazy, I know - for the new tikka t3x tac a1 in 6.5 creedmoor. Who knows when it will arrive

Mouser

Expert
    I just bought a Ruger SR-22 and before that a Chiappa M1-22 so I'm still lurking but interestingly it is rimfire that has caught my eye, especially with ammo suddenly becoming available again....I think I will make a couple more purchases through the remainder of the year depending on if I run across something that catches my eye...the .22 Ruger LCR with hammer and 3" bbl is one I am looking for. It would be great if they made in a 4" version.

The recently released XD with a hammer is interesting. I am waiting to see reviews on it

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    The market is definitely buyers choice. I've done more "horse trading" here lately and came out alright. I did buy a m&p 22 compact for a good deal last week.

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Wants and needs is what it's boiling down to, we all know that, spare cash is key. But a good deal goes along way even if you have to break up a sale to part out items. Buyers will come cause that's what they want and don't need the whole inventory. Better on the sellers part to sell lump sum, but occasionally don't work out that way. Sometime piecing it out will net better rewards...

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    You're right, parting out package deals is usually better for the seller. I'm glad to see ammo has come down to reasonable prices. One has to still actively search for 22lr though...

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

Telum Pisces

Master
    I have all I need!!!! Now I'm saving for the ones I WANT! And they cost a lot more money. I'm wanting to focus on firearms that can be passed down for a while. I have what I need for my uses. Now I'm focusing on for my children now and later!

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    I'd guess most bought whatever they could get their hands on the last couple years. Everyone's full and can't eat another bite, I don't care if it's only wafer thin........

Welldoya

Master
    I've bought several great deals lately but it took GREAT deals for me to jump, not just good deals.
    I'm still watching for Colt 6920s to bottom out.

wildrider666

Master
    I did a major downsizing and caliber consolidation in 2006. Went from a "collection" to standardization with few exceptions. I don't buy much and when I do its within my calibers. I have a few long guns that need to go but haven't had the urge to do so. The run on ammo and resulting high prices really curtailed my trigger training time. I buy ammo 2× what I shoot except for .22LR still way to high for me, I'm still running 550 round bulk I paid $9 for and not close to low stash limits.

What is also being impacted is the USED Market. With new prices down and still dropping further during Sales, its going to be hard to get your cost (less depreciation/wear) for a currently produced new version (or equivalent) that is selling for less. I do feel bad for the AR/AK/Mag buyers that bought during crazy possible Ban scare when budget no name guns were $1500+ and 30rd mags at $50 each. If your able to buy several items at low prices now do so and put them away as an investment. We know sooner or later the the gun grabbers will be in power again and the mass murders will spur knee jerk responses and suppot to ban black guns again. Then you can decide whether to keep or sell them at a very good profit.

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Caliber consolidation would for sure make things easier and I have thought about it. Just can't make myself get rid of some guns that I really like.
    What calibers did you end up with ?
    I could get by with 9mm,.22, 30/06, 5.56 and 12 gauge but would hate to get rid of about 10 other calibers/gauges.

Viking1204

Master
    It's definitely affected the used gun sellers market. Been trying to sell a Savage 20 ga slug gun for less than I have it in it and can't get any bites. I'm probably just going to end up keeping it.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I've consolidated down to .308, .223, .300 BO, .45 ACP, .45 Colt, 9mm, and of course .22 LR. I would like to get down to even less but I doubt that I will. For the most part all I ever shoot is .223 and .45 ACP.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    I think market prices are relatively fair at this point. So, If I see anything I cant live without, that I want bad enough, or can justify, or decide it's for me, or just want something new, I'll buy now.

SAWMAN

Master
    You know Jerry . . . you and me just ought to trade all the guns and ammo that we have.
    That way we will have all new stuff and wont have to actually buy anything.
    Whatdaya say ?? ---- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I've consolidated down to .308, .223, .300 BO, .45 ACP, .45 Colt, 9mm, and of course .22 LR. I would like to get down to even less but I doubt that I will. For the most part all I ever shoot is .223 and .45 ACP.

what? no 12ga?

sacrilege .....

I have been busy buying parts for two more M16A1 clone builds I am working on. I think that the market is pretty well stagnated right now since Trump was elected. Many bought firearms when there was the threat of Hillary getting elected. The only ones I have really seen buying firearms of late are a bunch of newbies just getting into ARs and they are buying cheap models (less than $500). One good thing, ammo prices have dropped a bit and have stabilized.

Top Bottom