Any law enforcement here? State, Federal, County, City ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    That movie "Amerigeddon" is about this. One of the lead characters is Army Reserve or Guard or something like that and doesn't comply. Its a good movie
    It's done in the style of 90's action film but currently

SAWMAN

Master
    If I were an active member of the military or a LE agency I damn sure would not advertise which side I will choose or even comment openly on this subject.
    I suspect that it could cause you some trouble from either side . . OR BOTH. --- SAWMAN

Plinker

Marksman
    Retirement Pension as leverage?

A bunch of years in law enforcement and by not following orders lose that and thats the only trade a cop knows??
    Don’t say can’t be done.

Yes indeed, tough times and as most everyone should know, come nut cutting time people do what they have to do.
    Cops no exception.
    God help us.

FrommerStop

Master
    What the feds can do is stop commerce in arms and ammo. They can lock down the factories and distributors as they choose and they can close gunstore. The banks like BOA can lock down the assets of those that are not compliant. They can put check points at state borders.
    The feds are already questioning the loyalty of national guard and police personnel for duty in DC. I have already mentioned that maybe political commissars might be used in the military to correct deviant thinking.
    There are ATF and FBI, etc federal offices in Pensacola and Mobile. They can conduct raids on their own and fact if they let local law enforcement know, the fed plans might get informed on relative to the proposed targets of any raids.
    I wonder if I was president Biden and VP Harris, just how comfortable would I be to have armed local police and national guardsmen near me. I bet the secret service is concerned and will do a lot of vetting of such people that might approach the president and vp.

I imagine laws like this will be enforced along the lines of "broken tail lights, too dark window tint, etc." If you are an upstanding citizen, don't drive too fast, don't draw attention to yourself, you should be ok.

Action

Expert
    I think if you do a head count of how many feds each office has you will see that there aren’t many. I would be willing to bet that a normal size sheriffs office has more deputies than the state of alabama has feds. I might be wrong, but I don’t see door to door confiscations.

FrommerStop

Master
    I think if you do a head count of how many feds each office has you will see that there aren’t many. I would be willing to bet that a normal size sheriffs office has more deputies than the state of alabama has feds. I might be wrong, but I don’t see door to door confiscations.
    There no way they will be doing a general sweep, even with US military troops. Making examples might be done. So they might go after neo-Nazis to justify the law and also hit the proud boys claiming that they are racist. Biden seems to have a real problem with the proud boys. When I mentioned to my relatives of the probiden forces closing social media accounts they said it was ok because those people are all racists and Nazis.
    I am 100% in support of the bill of rights and for pro-biden people, such commandments are only important when they say it is important.

Welldoya

Master
    That’s just it, the liberals only think civil rights and the constitution are important when it benefits them.
    And where’s that great champion of everybody’s rights, the ACLU?
    You would think if they really are there to protect everybody’s rights they would be all over the censorship that’s going on.
    Just more hypocrites and phonies.

skyydiver

Marksman
    I imagine laws like this will be enforced along the lines of "broken tail lights, too dark window tint, etc." If you are an upstanding citizen, don't drive too fast, don't draw attention to yourself, you should be ok.

But... are we ok with this? Just kidding the answer is F;$/ no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flames 2/4

Shooter
    Was at my local barber shop when a County Dept Sheriff came in and I struck up the conversation about gun confiscation and registration of all firearms and I asked this deputy what his position was on the matter. He told me he would not be coming to take anyone’s guns should Biden pass a law to do so and he would not voluntarily register his personal guns either. So I’m wondering are their any guys on this forum that wear a badge that is on our side and will not come to take our guns if the Dems pass a law.
    Know some retired feds. Politically most have kept their cards close to their vest. Afraid their pension is more important than their passion. This may be a decision for all levels. What is your job. or your pension worth?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Of course the truth of the matter is that confiscation would be the last step after freezing accounts, pressuring employers to not employ these known evil doers, withholding funds from states and counties who don’t play along, and just about every other dirty trick you can think of to get as many as possible to give up from the misery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isn't that what they are trying to do now?

HayesGreener

Expert
    I am retired from 42 years LE in two agencies, one municipal and one federal. I swore to support and defend the Constitution and still stand by that oath. I would never support general confiscation of firearms, nor would 99% of my colleagues. As the late Charles Krauthammer said, an attempt to confiscate firearms in the U.S. would lead to insurrection. I also know Sheriff Johnson and he takes a strong stand for the 2nd Amendment.

The whole idea of confiscation and buybacks is ludicrous. It is based upon the wrong-headed belief that it is the instrument of the crime that is to blame, and ignores the need for personal accountability in deviant behavior. It is in all our best interest to see that violent people, and mentally ill people, do not have access to firearms, but that requires us to focus on the deviant individual, not the guns themselves. It is already a crime for felons, mentally ill, drug and alcohol dependent, and certain violent misdemeanants to possess firearms, but the Feds are not consistently prosecuting those violations.

I have researched, and conducted many training sessions on active shooter/mass killing incidents. In almost every instance, there were plenty of warning signs that the perpetrators were unstable and likely to become homicidal. It should be pointed out that in the Mary Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Broward, local law enforcement had multiple opportunities long before the shooting to arrest and charge that guy with violent crimes, but failed to do so in some misguided effort to reduce the number of young people in the system. He ls had obvious mental issues, and his own family believed he might become a mass killer, even warning authorities about him. Had he been charged previously as he should have been, he would not have been able to buy the gun that he used. Granted he may have been able to get a gun by other illegal means, but the law already existed to keep him from getting that gun legally in the first place.

"Mandatory buybacks" is not a buyback-it is a thinly disguised confiscation. And it can only be enforced if there is mandatory registration. I can't see either of those passing Constitutional muster.

I believe the way the Obiden admin will attack guns is through legislation that allows federal product liability suits against manufacturers and distributors; using commerce laws banning importation, manufacture, transport, and sale of certain types of weapons, ammo, and accessories; requiring NICS backgrounds for all firearm transfers; and increasing the types of firearms that require licensing. Perhaps the most onerous wolf in sheep's clothing would be a universal requirement for firearm registration, because that is the first step toward confiscation.

Read Texas Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee's house bill in the U.S. House, and Florida State Senator Farmer's bill in the Florida Senate to get a feel for the aspirations the left has as related to your firearms. Our gun rights are perhaps more vulnerable right now due to the current political landscape, and the fact that NRA seems to be in shambles. On the plus side, we have a huge number of new, first time gun owners who are motivated by a general anxiety over what disorder and turmoil lies ahead. I also believe there will be a myriad of constitutional challenges that will slow progress but it is going to be crucial for conservatives to regain control of both houses in 2022.

FrommerStop

Master
    Excellent post sir.
    I have a general question relative towards LEO pensions. For active duty officers, there is a threat that all they have worked for financially can be taken away under some conditions at the state level. If a state employee commits or say is framed for a felony it is my understanding they can lose their pension. Is this also true at the federal level?

HayesGreener

Expert
    Excellent post sir.
    I have a general question relative towards LEO pensions. For active duty officers, there is a threat that all they have worked for financially can be taken away under some conditions at the state level. If a state employee commits or say is framed for a felony it is my understanding they can lose their pension. Is this also true at the federal level?
    Your pension is yours once you are vested, and mere conviction of a crime does not result in loss of pension benefits. Conviction for certain crimes involving criminal disloyalty to the United States such as espionage, treason, sabotage, insurrection against the United States, improper sharing or intentional loss of certain highly classified documents, are crimes that could cause a federal employee to lose their pension.

Top Bottom