• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The_Spaartan

Expert
    How would it even get proven in something like a court case? "Your honor, this man is a danger to society and should be taken off the streets. He was caught cleaning his firearms after a range day....without a license"

rviray

Marksman
    How would it even get proven in something like a court case? "Your honor, this man is a danger to society and should be taken off the streets. He was caught cleaning his firearms after a range day....without a license"
    Can't wait to see the Gun Oil sniffing dogs they come out with...

1654746551117.png
    <-- This is Hoppe....the first gun sniffing dog.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Anybody got a specific section of whatever bill?

Best I can find is the ridiculous HR7910.

Redefines terms, adds more to the NFA, more mag capacity bans, etc etc etc, but I didn’t see the disassembly/assembly portion.

.22 cents

Master
    It was never about protecting kids to them. Its about protecting tyranny from the free people. I’ve already made my choice. Know what I mean jellybean? Its a good hill.

lil'skeet

Master
    So, if disassembly & reassembly is illegal no need for 80%s. Problem solved without banning metal & plastic.
    So in a closed bolt gun, if the firing pin is dirty and becomes stuck in the forward position and bolt goes into battery......
    Whomever put this into law can be responsible for that fun time. Stupid a$$holes just have no clue.

nwfdub

Expert
    Does this mean I can no longer swap to my 22 conversion slide in the booth?

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk

.22 cents

Master
    So, if disassembly & reassembly is illegal no need for 80%s. Problem solved without banning metal & plastic.
    So in a closed bolt gun, if the firing pin is dirty and becomes stuck in the forward position and bolt goes into battery......
    Whomever put this into law can be responsible for that fun time. Stupid a$$holes just have no clue.
    Lol automatic cosmoline sks’ everywhere

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Anybody got a specific section of whatever bill?

Best I can find is the ridiculous HR7910.

Redefines terms, adds more to the NFA, more mag capacity bans, etc etc etc, but I didn’t see the disassembly/assembly portion.

Found it on my own.

So, it actually IS nested in HR7910.

They redefine “manufacturing firearms” to include “assembling a functional firearm”.

F4DD7083-F1CC-4316-8101-30BAB34ECAC2.jpeg

fv22

Master
    I’d like to know just who the 8 Republicans were
    Actually according to the list I found it is 10.

Fitzpatrick (PA)
    Gonzalez (OH)
    Jacobs (NY)
    Katko (NY)
    Kinzinger (IL)
    Salazar (FL)
    Smith (NJ)
    Turner (OH)
    Upton (MI)
    Malliotakis (NY)

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    If it's for assembling that would be if the gun originally came in pieces. Like an AR pistol kit for instance.
    I don't see where cleaning my gun would be illegal, but maybe. It's an uphill battle, but we're going downhill with no brakes.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    If it's for assembling that would be if the gun originally came in pieces. Like an AR pistol kit for instance.
    I don't see where cleaning my gun would be illegal, but maybe. It's an uphill battle, but we're going downhill with no brakes.

Common sense is not what it used to be.

When these lawyers get elected and embedded like ticks, they RE-define words and terms in the legislation to create illusions and deceptions.

The “bump fire stock” ban definitions are exactly why a binary trigger is verboten in Florida. Technically, a trigger spring replacement could be argued as increasing rate of fire, too. All depends on the prosecutor.

Still gives a spineless LEO who’s willing to break their oath a “plausible reason” to arrest someone.

And that’s where most of the real conflicts are going to start. Worthless legislators turn peaceful Citizens into felons by the Unconstitutional stroke of a pen. Misguided LEO attempt to arrest alleged violators of that Unconstitutional toilet paper. Instead of allowing an armed force to deny them their other Constitutional rights and freedoms, those same Citizens proceed to “turn in” bullets one projectile at a time, at speeds usually exceeding the speed of sound.

Raven

Master
    It can be interpreted which ever way anybody wants to... and at the same time it is unenforceable unless somebody literally gets a no-knock while in the act of assembly

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom