• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Same ol'...same ol'.......Rick Rankin at Pensacola Lock & Gun can do anything. He is the one that REALLY invented the internet and is working on finalizing cold fusion right now(I am an investor). He's down on Garden Street. ---SAWMAN

linkovich

Master
    Thanks, but I refuse to use them or recommend them to anyone. Nothing against Rick, I hear he is a excellent smith...but I've personally had two bad experiences with the older couple (I believe they're his parents) that run the place, and a good friend had a issue with the old man not honoring a quote.

Anyone else in the area thread barrels?

SAWMAN

Master
    There is a "gunsmith"(?) at the end of the bldg at Buck & bass on Pine Forrest and someone that does "smith" sorta work at Uber's I do believe. I personally would not trust Phil with that at Jay's. --- SAWMAN

Hammerlock1

Expert
    Know it's a bit of a drive, but "Oneshot" (JJ) on the forum up in Jay could fix you up I imagine..seen some of his excellent handiwork, very impressive..

HL1

linkovich

Master
    Know it's a bit of a drive, but "Oneshot" (JJ) on the forum up in Jay could fix you up I imagine..seen some of his excellent handiwork, very impressive..

HL1

Yeah that was my first thought. I sent JJ a pm earlier but haven't heard back from him yet.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Why don't we let "oneshot" decide if he wants to fool with threading barrels for folks anymore... Last time I checked he was retired. He might be eager to do it. Then again he might not. I know he has been volunteered for stuff before that he really didn't want to do...

linkovich

Master
    Why don't we let "oneshot" decide if he wants to fool with threading barrels for folks anymore... Last time I checked he was retired. He might be eager to do it. Then again he might not. I know he has been volunteered for stuff before that he really didn't want to do...

That's why I PMed him and ask if it were something he could/wanted to do....and also why I went ahead and posted looking for other options.

Hammerlock1

Expert
    Jeremy, I didn't say Jerome "would" fix Link up, I said "could" do it. "Could", meaning having the ability to do so, not committing him to do anything. Don't think he needs you as his keeper, there's a few of us on here that know him as well..

HL1

Mullet Hunter

Master
    That's why I PMed him and ask if it were something he could/wanted to do....and also why I went ahead and posted looking for other options.

I wasn't referring to you... I just know that he has been volunteered for things by a few members that he really didn't want to do.

flightmedic

Shooter
    It may be farther than you are willing to drive, but Jerry Morris in Flomaton, AL has been doing GunSmith work over 40 years. He is a retired machinist from Kimberly Clark Corporation. He has threaded several for me.
    Contact Info:
    Esaus GunShop
    c/o Jerry Morris

Also he does have a full line machine shop for Gunsmithing in his Shop

Top Bottom