• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSO

Expert
    I have an old Remington 760 Game Master in .308 that I would like to have threaded to 5/8 x 24 so I can use some weapon mounted hearing protection now that Florida has allowed hunting with suppressors. Any recommendations? Thanks!

kendive

Master
    I have an old Remington 760 Game Master in .308 that I would like to have threaded to 5/8 x 24 so I can use some weapon mounted hearing protection now that Florida has allowed hunting with suppressors. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Good luck with that. I know a few months ago I checked around and the wait was like forever.

I have had many barrels threaded and have always shipped the part to Gemtech http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/home.asp

They do a perfect job and you will get it back with in a week. The price includes return shipping.

I am sure there is alot of other places but I trust Gemtech to do it for suppressors.

What are you going to have it cut to? from 26 to 20? or down to 16.5? I just bought a Savage 308 Hog Hunter 20" BL and comes threaded. I have a Browning A-Bolt with the boss and it is threaded 9/16x24 YHM makes a Flash Hider in that thread for there TI QD .30 Silencer.

CSO

Expert
    Good luck with that. I know a few months ago I checked around and the wait was like forever.

I have had many barrels threaded and have always shipped the part to Gemtech http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/home.asp

They do a perfect job and you will get it back with in a week. The price includes return shipping.

I am sure there is alot of other places but I trust Gemtech to do it for suppressors.

What are you going to have it cut to? from 26 to 20? or down to 16.5? I just bought a Savage 308 Hog Hunter 20" BL and comes threaded. I have a Browning A-Bolt with the boss and it is threaded 9/16x24 YHM makes a Flash Hider in that thread for there TI QD .30 Silencer.

OK thanks, I might have to send it out but was hoping to do it locally. I'm going to 16.25. I just got rid of my Savage hog hunter .308, I've got a Mossberg MVP Patrol .308 but I like the pump action for quicker follow up shots for hog stalking.

Check with Phil (gunsmith) at Jay's Guns on Garden St. near Pace Blvd. to see what his workload is like. He may be able to give you a general idea as to when he can have it ready. He has cut, crowned, and threaded a few AR barrels and a FAL barrel for me. 434-5556

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rick Rankin?

Pick your suppressor, talk to them about what you are putting it on, order, file paperwork and during the wait get the barrel done per the company you are buying it from. That way it will be right and there will be no additional waiting.

kendive

Master
    Rick Rankin?

Pick your suppressor, talk to them about what you are putting it on, order, file paperwork and during the wait get the barrel done per the company you are buying it from. That way it will be right and there will be no additional waiting.

Good Info. One reason I always used Gemtech is the fact that I own four gemtech's now.

Wow I just looked at the Barrel Threading price. That has gone up alot. I remember always paying 125 to Gemtech.

Last edited:

CSO

Expert
    Thanks for the info so far, I'll hit up Jays first since he's the closest. I already have the can (AAC Cyclone) just looking to thread this 760. I appreciate the info.

Top Bottom