• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Might that be the .50BMG upper?

Yes, Sir. Hoping to shoot it this week.

Nice Scout Dante.

Thanks! Socom actually. One of the first ever built with the Vltor rail in Socom II configuration before they came up with the "II" moniker, so it actually says "16" on the side. It was owned by an account executive at SA. Kinda neat. Gotta get some ergo rail covers for the cheese graters.

Last edited:

timc

Expert
    AR I built for the girlfriend. All Spike's with the exception of the furniture, which is all Magpul MOE in pink.
    image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      305.5 KB · Views: 220

Savage

Marksman
    Just finished doing my first ever camo paint job on a gun. This is my primary AR that I use. Letting the paint dry today and I will shoot it tomorrow. Done with 3 colors of Rustoleum brand camo spray paint.uploadfromtaptalk1404579118160.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404579146878.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404579153646.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404579118160.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1404579118160.jpg
      204.2 KB · Views: 208
    • uploadfromtaptalk1404579146878.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1404579146878.jpg
      157.7 KB · Views: 209
    • uploadfromtaptalk1404579153646.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1404579153646.jpg
      189.2 KB · Views: 199

Savage

Marksman
    Amazing how sunlight effects the look. All 3 pics are the same rifle.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404579243914.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1404579243914.jpg
      138.5 KB · Views: 200
    Last edited:

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    Looks good...alot better than my bolt action...I got bored after surgery apparently and painted it while high on painkillers...doesn't look terrible, but it could've been planned alittle better.

Here is a new pic of an older build. I just upgraded the forend with new TROY rail covers and removed the MAGPUL MOE VFG. Looks a lot cleaner now.

Louis80

Shooter
    Here is one of mine:
    20140709_163459.jpg20140709_163238.jpg
    BCM hammer forged 14.5" mid-length upper:
    Pinned Battle Comp 1.5
    12" Daniel Defense Lite Rail
    Surefire X300u flashlight
    Tango Down Stubby fore grip
    MI front heavy duty QD sling mount
    Spikes Punisher/Battle Flag ejection port door
    Troy/BCM front and rear flip-up sights
    2 6" Tango Down Scar panels
    Full-auto BCM bcg with crane o-ring installed on the extractor spring
    BCM Gunfighter mod 3 (large latch) charging handle
    Aimpoint M4s
    BCM lower:
    BCM Gunfighter mod 3 pistol grip
    Tango Down PR-4 rear sling mount
    Magpul STR butt stock
    Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
    KNS pins

Attachments

• 20140709_163459.jpg
      20140709_163459.jpg
      77.7 KB · Views: 252
    • 20140709_163238.jpg
      20140709_163238.jpg
      77.8 KB · Views: 247
    Last edited:

BOHUNTER

Shooter
    Here is a black one. 7th one Ive built, nothing special just average stuff. 16 inch with a 15 inch rail and a fake suppressor which is only a inch or so extended from the rail. PSA lower, MAS Defense 16" barrel, PSA LPK, Magpul grip, BCM Mod 3 Charging handle, NiB BCG from Shadow Ops, rail is from someone off scambay, its narrow a little heavy. Center sight red dot scope. Im posting this one cause I have an issue with it. Its the only one Ive built that will fire once and short cycle like and wont grab the next round and set. Double checked the gas block and even switched the buffers out. Everyone I have is 2.9oz. I have two thoughts, either the buffer might need to be heavier OR the barrels gas port is around 1/16" in appearance. Could this be a possible issue thats causing it to do the same every round. Ive only run about 25 rounds through it,...... one at a time! LOL Whatcha think? blackrifle.jpg

Attachments

• blackrifle.jpg
      blackrifle.jpg
      39.6 KB · Views: 281

BOHUNTER

Shooter
    My 2nd build was a AR Pistol. Its a 7.5" Stainless Tactical Red X Upper, Shadow Ops BCG NiB, Pistol buffer, Anderson lower and PSA LPK. Moe PLus. Fast as you can pull it it will fire. Some cheap reflex sight, 40 bucks or so. I read around before I built a Pistol. SBR, AOW, those special kinda things that are basically at descretion from the ATF. So I called my relative in Miami Dade, he sent me to his buddy Mr ATF Agent. I sent pics of it and he sent me back a few responses that I had heard were ok but in his opinion needed to be changed. So I removed these items and this is what I got left. WHAT did you remove? LOL I had a Magpul AFG and he didnt like it, could be considered an AOW, so instead of having an issue later on, I added it to another rifle I have and the other issue was my buffer tube. I had a factory Mil Spec buffer which I milled the latch support off and it was a flat mill on the round tube. Wrapped it in Paracord, epoxied it permanent, Not good in his eyes, needed to be a MANUFACTURED part not a modified part. So I ditched it! this is whats left 100% legal no questions and no need to debate the law. Ive since built 2 pistols similar.

blackrifle01.jpg

Attachments

• blackrifle01.jpg
      blackrifle01.jpg
      54.5 KB · Views: 283

Louis80

Shooter
    Here is a black one. 7th one Ive built, nothing special just average stuff. 16 inch with a 15 inch rail and a fake suppressor which is only a inch or so extended from the rail. PSA lower, MAS Defense 16" barrel, PSA LPK, Magpul grip, BCM Mod 3 Charging handle, NiB BCG from Shadow Ops, rail is from someone off scambay, its narrow a little heavy. Center sight red dot scope. Im posting this one cause I have an issue with it. Its the only one Ive built that will fire once and short cycle like and wont grab the next round and set. Double checked the gas block and even switched the buffers out. Everyone I have is 2.9oz. I have two thoughts, either the buffer might need to be heavier OR the barrels gas port is around 1/16" in appearance. Could this be a possible issue thats causing it to do the same every round. Ive only run about 25 rounds through it,...... one at a time! LOL Whatcha think? View attachment 21219

I am assuming it is a 7 inch (carbine) gas system. The mil std gas port for a 14.5 to 16 carbine is .063. 1/16 is .0625, so it sounds like the gas port is gtg. In my experience 16" carbines are over gassed. The cyclical rate is too fast. The bolt carrier is trying to move rearward before the bullet exits the barrel. Optimum for a 16" barrel is mid-length. Try using an H2 buffer with a Sprinco blue spring. This will slow down the cyclical rate. Also if your bolt carrier is not of the full-auto variety, this also could cause short stroking. First make sure your gas block is properly installed. Dimpled barrel with set screw variety gas block. Good luck

My 2nd build was a AR Pistol. Its a 7.5" Stainless Tactical Red X Upper, Shadow Ops BCG NiB, Pistol buffer, Anderson lower and PSA LPK. Moe PLus. Fast as you can pull it it will fire. Some cheap reflex sight, 40 bucks or so. I read around before I built a Pistol. SBR, AOW, those special kinda things that are basically at descretion from the ATF. So I called my relative in Miami Dade, he sent me to his buddy Mr ATF Agent. I sent pics of it and he sent me back a few responses that I had heard were ok but in his opinion needed to be changed. So I removed these items and this is what I got left. WHAT did you remove? LOL I had a Magpul AFG and he didnt like it, could be considered an AOW, so instead of having an issue later on, I added it to another rifle I have and the other issue was my buffer tube. I had a factory Mil Spec buffer which I milled the latch support off and it was a flat mill on the round tube. Wrapped it in Paracord, epoxied it permanent, Not good in his eyes, needed to be a MANUFACTURED part not a modified part. So I ditched it! this is whats left 100% legal no questions and no need to debate the law. Ive since built 2 pistols similar.

View attachment 21220

Using the MAGPUL AFG is perfectly legal. ATF determined it technically a support since you do not grip it, unlike a VFG which is not legal. Nice build. I like the fact that you swapped out to a proper pistol tube.

As for your carbine build, I would spray a solvent down the gas tube to see if it freely flows out of the barrel. All you do is remove the upper half and point the muzzle toward the ground. You then liberally spray something like Gun Scrubber into the gas tube from the receiver end and see if it freely flows out. If it slowly drips, you mat need to check the alignment of the gas block in relation to the gas port on the barrel. Additionally, I would also recommend running a FA BCG.

Last edited:

BOHUNTER

Shooter
    Yes , carbine length. Ill shoot some solvent down the tube. My buddy has a mill and I have several carriers, ill just take some off to match a FA bcg. Give that a try too. This is the only one that does it. Appreciate the info. Any weights on FA bcgs? Ill match weight.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    It is very interesting what people think is a good AR build and what they think looks good. That I guess is the advantage of the AR platform and wide choice of calibers. To me the most important things are the glass, barrel and trigger, I see many people missing the mark on 1 or more of those things.

Top Bottom