• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjenkins

Expert
    I carry a View attachment 300945NAA Pug in 22 magnum all the time
    How does your safety notch function? Mine will go into the notch but if you barely touch the hammer it will slip out and unlock the cylinder. Not a huge deal. I'd carry it either half cock or over an empty chamber. My hammer has alot of movement forward and backward before it clicks and it will stay in that position. I can pull it back just before the click and it will stay there

5lima30ret

Master
    How does your safety notch function? Mine will go into the notch but if you barely touch the hammer it will slip out and unlock the cylinder. Not a huge deal. I'd carry it either half cock or over an empty chamber. My hammer has alot of movement forward and backward before it clicks and it will stay in that position. I can pull it back just before the click and it will stay there
    I have the Black Widow model in .22 mag. Once mine is in the notch it is very secure...until you cock the hammer.

BluesBrother

Master
    I'm not disparaging your purchase and we're not talking about a gun the Bond Arms doesn't seem to have the difficulty of use mentioned earlier in this thread. Gotta love that they're made in Texas.

MSRP: $269.00
    Caliber .22 LR
    Barrel Length 3" for great velocity
    Grip Material Thin Nylon
    Grip Size Standard
    Sights Fixed
    Length 5"
    Height 4"
    Weight 18 oz.
    Ammo Capacity 2
    Action Single Action
    Trigger Pull Weight 7 lb.
    Trigger Guard Yes
    Frame Material Stainless Steel
    Frame Type Stinger RS

Features:
    *Rebounding Hammer
    *3" Stainless Steel Double Barrel and Frame
    *Rough & Tumble Finish
    *Retracting Firing pins
    *Integrated Trigger Guard
    *Cross Bolt Safety
    *Slim Nylon Grips come standard

1724081886747.png

Last edited:

mrjenkins

Expert
    I'm not disparaging your purchase and we're not talking about a gun the Bond Arms doesn't seem to have the difficulty of use mentioned earlier in this thread. Gotta love that they're made in Texas.

MSRP: $269.00
    Caliber .22 LR
    Barrel Length 3" for great velocity
    Grip Material Thin Nylon
    Grip Size Standard
    Sights Fixed
    Length 5"
    Height 4"
    Weight 18 oz.
    Ammo Capacity 2
    Action Single Action
    Trigger Pull Weight 7 lb.
    Trigger Guard Yes
    Frame Material Stainless Steel
    Frame Type Stinger RS

Features:
    *Rebounding Hammer
    *3" Stainless Steel Double Barrel and Frame
    *Rough & Tumble Finish
    *Retracting Firing pins
    *Integrated Trigger Guard
    *Cross Bolt Safety
    *Slim Nylon Grips come standard

View attachment 301270
    I had considered getting one of those, however I have seen them first hand break firing pins where only 1 of the barrels will fire. Naa is made in provo utah.

mrjenkins

Expert
    Okay so the first 2 pictures are "hammer down" no spring tension at all. The 3rd Pic is "half cock" the hammer moves freely before the first click. At half cock is when the spring tension starts. I've shot it off my porch and everything seems to work fine. Except the "safety notch" which I feel like half cock would be safer just don't drop it

Attachments

• 20240819_195019.jpg
      20240819_195019.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 27
    • 20240819_195023.jpg
      20240819_195023.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 28
    • 20240819_195026.jpg
      20240819_195026.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 32
    Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Okay so the first 2 pictures are "hammer down" no spring tension at all. The 3rd Pic is "half cock" the hammer moves freely before the first click. At half cock is when the spring tension starts. I've shot it off my porch and everything seems to work fine. Except the "safety notch" which I feel like half cock would be safer just don't drop it
    It's strange that it won't contact the notch and hold. It still fires so damaged hammer / blade is out. Pics of the hammer cocked, side view? Werid.

RackinRay

Master

Contact NAA and get a return to the factory for repair.

I have in the past, and doubt you will be disappointed in their service

Snake-Eyes

Master

+1 for Ray’s advice. Contact NAA.

That isn’t normal function of the pistol AND it’s an accident waiting to happen.

It may be a simple fix: new spring or some lint caught where it shouldn’t be. Who knows?

mrjenkins

Expert
    It's strange that it won't contact the notch and hold. It still fires so damaged hammer / blade is out. Pics of the hammer cocked, side view? Werid.
    I'll post those after work today. I'm thinking the mainspring. Because the mainspring should be in direct contact with the hammer. Maybe it's just worn. I emailed them yesterday but no answer yet.

mrjenkins

Expert
    It's not that it won't contact. The safety notch functions but you blow on the hammer too hard it will come out and free the cylinder up. I'm rocking it today at work. I wear galls pants with a build in mag pouch. I'm not fiddling with it. Just occasionally opening the pocket and looking in and verifying it's still in the safety notch. So far so good

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    It's not that it won't contact. The safety notch functions but you blow on the hammer too hard it will come out and free the cylinder up. I'm rocking it today at work. I wear galls pants with a build in mag pouch. I'm not fiddling with it. Just occasionally opening the pocket and looking in and verifying it's still in the safety notch. So far so good
    It should lock in, no wiggle, no movement.

Recondo 101

Expert
    I was lucky enough to patrol with a Deputy that carried a slap jack and knew exactly how to properly apply just enough force necessary to achieve different results. The slap jack is a tool that is fairly rare any more, because so few really know how to use it properly. Like a walking cane, every part has a different purpose and use in self defense application.
    The Slap is a legal concealed carry item in FL.

Top Bottom