• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjenkins

Expert
    Here is the pictures of the hammer as requested. Everything functions great except for the safety notch for some odd reason. I'm probably gonna replace the main spring and see what happens.

Attachments

• 20240820_161044.jpg
      20240820_161044.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 26
    • 20240820_161057.jpg
      20240820_161057.jpg
      972 KB · Views: 27
    • 20240820_161126.jpg
      20240820_161126.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 25

mrjenkins

Expert
    I also noticed if I pull the trigger with the hammer all the way down the hammer moves back enough to clear the notch. Edit, I just took the fold grip off and the main spring and the other one that pushes the arm up to rotate the cylinder. Looks fine in there.

Last edited:

mrjenkins

Expert
    Found the issue. It's the folding grip. I took the grip off and noticed the main spring slightly out of place and loose with the hammer down. I adjusted the spring back into position and re assembled. The moment I fold the grip back I hear a distinct click and the mainspring has slipped back out of place.

BluesBrother

Master
    Found the issue. It's the folding grip. I took the grip off and noticed the main spring slightly out of place and loose with the hammer down. I adjusted the spring back into position and re assembled. The moment I fold the grip back I hear a distinct click and the mainspring has slipped back out of place.
    Sad to say, send it back. Get a return authorization from NAA. Get it fixed by them so if it fails there will be documentation.

mrjenkins

Expert
    Your probably right. However I'm gonna gave to pay for repairs. They only cover the repairs if it's 2 years old or less. Otherwise I'm gonna end up spending another 250ish. At that point I may as well buy a new one

BluesBrother

Master
    Your probably right. However I'm gonna gave to pay for repairs. They only cover the repairs if it's 2 years old or less. Otherwise I'm gonna end up spending another 250ish. At that point I may as well buy a new one
    What's the alternative if it's going to be the tool you rely on? I rely on an unmolested Glock because many in law enforcement and many militarizes around the world do.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Maybe a factory normal grip would fix it. That folding grip might have been made for a different model.

mrjenkins

Expert
    What's the alternative if it's going to be the tool you rely on? I rely on an unmolested Glock because many in law enforcement and many militarizes around the world do.
    The alternative is me sourcing a new mainspring, which I already have a couple and changing the grips back to the factory wood ones. I trust my hands more then a strangers. I've repaired guns off and on for the majority of my adult life. I'm confident I can keep most any civilian weapon running reliably. It's an extremely simple spring swap.

mrjenkins

Expert
    I'm honestly a little bit shocked they are sending parts to me under warranty for a 30 year old gun. Guess they really mean "lifetime warranty" I read on their site that they only cover guns 2 years old or less under warranty. Maybe I got lucky?

mrjenkins

Expert
    Yeah. They said my revolver was made in 1993 and they slightly changed some of the springs. The "stock" mainspring that was on mine was made before the folding grip and all the different accessories came out. So they sent me a slightly longer (modified) main spring so the fold grip doesn't interfere with the mainspring and pull it out of place. I compared the 2 side by side and the modified one they sent me is a bit longer and has more of a curve to it then the oem one. The new one is also noticeably thicker. The cross screws in the folding grip pivot inside the frame when you unfold and fold it. The old mainspring was getting bumped by the cross screw and popping it out of place. The new mainspring since it has more of a curve to it clears the cross screw and pivots correctly.

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    All good info. Thanks for taking the time to take and upload photos.
    I’m glad NAA was able to help so easily and quickly, especially since now your revolver is functioning properly and arguably much safer.

mrjenkins

Expert
    All good info. Thanks for taking the time to take and upload photos.
    I’m glad NAA was able to help so easily and quickly, especially since now your revolver is functioning properly and arguably much safer.
    I should have taken pictures of the difference in the springs but I'll be honest. I was excited to get it installed and test it. It hadn't crossed my mind until it was installed

Snake-Eyes

Master
    I should have taken pictures of the difference in the springs but I'll be honest. I was excited to get it installed and test it. It hadn't crossed my mind until it was installed

Your description was effective, for me.

Good to know NAA’s customer service did a good job.

DustyDog

Master
    I'm honestly a little bit shocked they are sending parts to me under warranty for a 30 year old gun. Guess they really mean "lifetime warranty" I read on their site that they only cover guns 2 years old or less under warranty. Maybe I got lucky?
    Comment from the video below, which I have yet to watch:

"Great company. My brother successfully defended himself in a park about 40 years ago with a NAA mini revolver. He left it to me when he passed. I live about 25 miles from the NAA factory. I dropped off the revolver, trigger binding and worse for wear. 2 days later I picked it up looking and functioning like new. It was in a lockable case with accessories and a serial number matching cardboard box.

They wouldn't take any money from me, all work and materials were free. I bought the entire factory pizza : )"

Note that a factory gains valuable insight every time they get to inspect, evaluate, and even repair something like that, so it shouldn't be a problem for them if they're truly interested in making the best product possible. Hell, it's like they're getting a Beta Test Dummy for free :)

Top Bottom