Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNHman

Marksman
    Someone should make a shooter's vest or jacket that has a padded shoulder area that excepts a buffer tube. Then AFT can add a C to their name and start regulating clothing. Hell, maybe even classify people as firearms. I hope to be classified as a machine gun instead of a SBR. Makes for a better pick up line at the bar.
    THIS!!!!!

Let's do a startup for this idea ASAP

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    You can not have a buffer tube on an AR pistol. The buffer tube alone counts as a brace.
    The way I read it and understand from watching the videos is it's acceptable if it is required for function.
    If you had a buffer tube on a BRN180 it's a felony. SE goes for any 22lr ar15. Interpretation........

lil'skeet

Master
    It amazes me that some people, including some on this forum, are already trying to ditch their pistol braces. Nothing like running scared over a regulation that is not even official yet and is already being legally contested as well as being condemned by many members of the U.S. Congress. Stop getting your panties in a wad and chill. Hang onto to your pistol braces and your pistols. Additionally, this whole proposed regulation change is really for one reason and that is to have a federal registry. Nevermind that every law governing firearms is in clear violation of the Constitution starting with the National Firearms Act of 1934. It never has stopped criminals from getting the weapons they choose to have and no gun laws ever will.
    What he said.....

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Yeah. To me its a trap. It's all part of this anti gun movement. Registry always leads to confiscations. Period.
    Myself I'll avoid it at all costs. But, later they will surely then analyze each gun under a microscope and then dictate your SBR in other ways, such as what sights and optics it has on it. They released a point system that seemed like it was written by a drunk dungeons and dragons game maker. All that was missing was rolls of the dice. All the factors are so subjective it was crazy. Anyways the brace aspect is just a portion of what they use to determine a "SBR" after what I've seen.
    Many say once you sign of for these NFA style items then you have to add 10 layers of extra security also to your home and deny access to even your wife. They can't even know the codes to the safe etc. Then yeah the Stateline issues also. Then many say they can search and inspect this item whenever they want. Not sure about that one tho as I've heard they can't. Either way it don't sound good to me.
    The last "amnesty" they did was so sloppy that I saw somewhere that even some felons slipped thru the cracks and got legal machine guns in thier names. Only those tho, thank goodness tho. They could have gotten legal revolvers! That would be bad lol. I forget where I saw that but yeah it supposedly happened for real.
    I wonder what happens when they for some reason deny an application after its sent, complete with photo. Do they now have photo evidence of a crime?
    During a time where they're openly calling for bans and confiscation of certain types of guns, to me seems like the worst time to register them.
    Registry always leads to confiscations. Period. X2

DAS HUGH!

Master
    I predict the first maker of qd picatinny stocks to make a small fortune, wingnuts galore! No tools needed. Maybe even little buttons that snap in pace, and push to take them back off. Then snap them onto a "legal length" rifle when done.
    Maybe even pistol grips that have a stock on them instead.
    You'll be amazed at gadgets that will come out to skirt the dumb rules government makes. Just look at California's goofy guns.
    If everyone chipped in half of what they spent on a single brace, let's say 100$.... and instead donated that to the GOA we'd likely not be having these talks. Imagine the war chest that the approximately 40 million so called legal braces could have funded to fight the dumb rules to start with, instead of skirting around them.
    It's always the same story. Let them ban a plastic bump stock, then they'll ban other plastic furniture inanimate items. Next it will be red dots... or God knows what else.
    Comply and it only gets worse.

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    The way I read it and understand from watching the videos is it's acceptable if it is required for function.
    If you had a buffer tube on a BRN180 it's a felony. SE goes for any 22lr ar15. Interpretation........
    That is my understanding as well, but the buffer can't be one that came with a brace, if you plan to remove a brace and keep the buffer. I believe they want people to use the round pistol buffers.

In any case: The Rule 2021R-08F still has not been added to the federal register.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Then how do you expect said AR pistol to function? Read again and report back.

I did not write the rules but they specifically state that a buffer tube can be shouldered and counts as a brace.

You can find the quote if you search for it.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I did not write the rules but they specifically state that a buffer tube can be shouldered and counts as a brace.

It does if it's not a required item. A round tube on a 556 shouldn't be an issue. Shouldn't...... All interpretation.

Telum Pisces

Master

Also go search for the exception stated if it's required for functioning of the firearm.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Picatinny rear rails ;) . Then I don't have an ugly stick out the back of it like standard ar pistols is all. Then it can be cheekshot much like a bullpup, or push pull method with a sling. All while being much smaller, since it has no tube. Then you can qd "things" off and off the rear rail. I saw this coming from long ago and it just made better sense to me.
    I can tell you why MCX, rather than let's say a Dissent etc too. But it's a long spill and a little off topic perhaps so unless you ask I'll reserve that

.22 cents

Master

Just one solution. Not the best but not the worst.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Picatinny rear rails ;) . Then I don't have an ugly stick out the back of it like standard ar pistols is all. Then it can be cheekshot much like a bullpup, or push pull method with a sling. All while being much smaller, since it has no tube. Then you can qd "things" off and off the rear rail. I saw this coming from long ago and it just made better sense to me.
    I can tell you why MCX, rather than let's say a Dissent etc too. But it's a long spill and a little off topic perhaps so unless you ask I'll reserve that
    The comment I knew you would type. Be careful with that picatinny rail on the back and the letters qd or "readily" because there is always a grey area. ATF could consider that as an adapter, but sounds like you are going to do what you want to do anyway.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    The comment I knew you would type. Be careful with that picatinny rail on the back and the letters qd or "readily" because there is always a grey area. ATF could consider that as an adapter, but sounds like you are going to do what you want to do anyway.
    They can consider it an adapter all they want. It's what it is. It's not a detachable one tho. Many people will buy this same lower in rifle form. People will also buy the pistol version with the intent to legally sbr it. A lower must always have the ability to put a stock on it

Top Bottom