• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakec

Master
    If you had it here I could get it out for you. jj Degrease it and put a little HYD acid around it, several times then wd-40 are some other type of pen. oil then use a tape removel. jj

thanks jj ill give it a shot when i get home. i dont know if i have any hyd acid. i have muratic acid though. where can i get some hyd acid from?

Idoono

Master
    Use some PB Blaster or Kroil in the hole. Let it soak overnight Then get a pair of slim needle nose pliers or a set of hemostats and gently back out the tap. May take a little while but it is worth it. Next time you tap a hole be sure to back cut it every revolution or so of the tap.

Idoono

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Next time you tap a hole be sure to back cut it every revolution or so of the tap.

Idoono

with lots of lube and back out several times and vacuum or blow the chips out. Slow is very good.

joekocon

Marksman
    Find an "EDM" shop to burn it out. Taps are too hard to drill out. Only other option is to bust it out with punches...they are very hard and will shatter if hit properly. Nuff said!

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I have encountered this before. The first thing I do is clean it out with compressed air, get all the chips out you can. Then lube it with some decent weight oil and back it out (unscrew it) with a small cold chisel and hammer. It takes time, but when you get it unbound, you can almost always unscrew it with ease. I've never had much luck with breaking it out in pieces. Usually I end up with a nice paperweight and a lighter wallet.

Emcm2

Master
    Jake the hole goes all the way threw I've had good luck in screwing a bolt in the other side and seeing if I can screw out the tap the head of the tap should bite the bolt and screw out

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom