• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LowRiderRed

Master
    Seriously considering a Buckmark in the very near future. I'd appreciate any feedback or knowledge you guys have about it. Info on reliability, where to buy one, best price, ammo preference, the usual stuff. Thanks.

Welldoya

Master
    I used to own one. I think they are great guns. I prefer the Ruger MKII (just because I grew up with Rugers) but the Buckmark would be my 2nd choice for a medium-priced well-made .22 pistol.
    I would check the usual places - Academy (not sure they carry it though), Mike's, Outcast, etc. Then check Bud's online and see what the difference is. Good luck.

Gravity3694

Expert
    They are a great dedicated .22 pistol. I have limited experience with one, but I like them. I prefer the Ruger MK series ,but the Buckmark's grip and trigger do feel better.

TraderDan

Master
    Great pistols, trigger can be smoothed up real nice and with the heavy barrel / slab side or bull it is a very good shooter and had no major problems with any ammo. I can not share the others choice for a ruger, cause I am not a ruger shooter, don't know why, I just can't shoot any of them very well.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    My 7 year old has a camo one i bought him and it has never jammed and i bet he has put over @2K rounds through it since July. He will shoot for hours.And it is easy to operate and has a comfortable wieght to it and doesnt feel chinsy at all.And mags are plentiful and reasonablly priced due to popularity.And unreal accuate even more so than my high standard one of same looking style the was made for competition. Good luck u will love it!

P.S. If u wana shoot one let me know and U R welcome to meet us for a shoot on a Sunday?

FowlHunter13

Master
    I have owned a Buckmark and really liked it. I have since sold it though due to having a Ruger MKII and liking it just a little better. I now own two MKII's. One bull barrel and one taper barrel with both being stainless. IMHO, the MKII is more accurate and feels better. The Buckmark is easier to maintain.

Tomslick

Shooter
    I bought my Buckmark at Academy. It has the black iron sights, not the fiber optics (I worry about breaking that little plastic line). I immediately realized that my old eyes didn't stand a chance trying to see squirrels with the black sights! $20 for a scope mount and $39 on ebay for a handgun scope with illuminated reticle and I'm deadly on squirrels to way out there.

No problems with any ammo I've tried although I wouldn't shoot Remington 22s if you gave them to me by the case! Too much llike shooting black powder!!

I'm not down on Ruger at all, my deer rifle is an old model 77 and I love it. I just preferred the Buckmark over the MII and have never regretted going Browning.

Top Bottom