Can anyone recommend a custom knife sheath maker in the Pensacola/milton area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy ESU

Expert
    I have these two fixed blade knives my friend made for me. I haven’t been able to carry them since they have no sheaths. I want to either do a pocket sheath or maybe even a cross draw sheath since they are both small fixed blades. Any recommendations for a custom sheath maker in the the Pensacola or Milton area?
    Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1028.jpeg
      IMG_1028.jpeg
      2.4 MB · Views: 29

Raven

Master
    Leatber-4-U was a good place. I don't know if they are still in business though.
    I second this. Those old ladies at Leather 4 U in Milton have made several knife sheaths for me. They were all very nice high quality sheaths, one of which I've had for like twenty years since before they moved from Pensacola to Milton

Raven

Master

The sheath opening is wide enough to fit your blades. But might need a new snap. Hard to beat riveted with metal reinforcement for the knife point. The ladies at Leather 4 U made a copy of this USAF sheath for my WW1 German butcher bayonet, and it cost me well over a hundred dollars, riveted but with no kangaroo pouch and no metal reinforcement. Hard to beat $20

Screenshot_20240802_100330_Chrome.jpg

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    a custom maker will charge much more that $20.... but it will last. i know of one..

Beached

Expert
    Tandy leather online order sheath kit you can get exactly the way you want it. They sell sheath kits holster kits etc.

Raven

Master
    But might need a new snap.
    Plenty of leather on this USAF snap to be able to just move the snap over on the same piece of leather. That's only like $5 (if that) at Leather 4 U.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I have these two fixed blade knives my friend made for me. I haven’t been able to carry them since they have no sheaths. I want to either do a pocket sheath or maybe even a cross draw sheath since they are both small fixed blades. Any recommendations for a custom sheath maker in the the Pensacola or Milton area?
    Thanks
    A dual horizontal holster attached with loops on your back belt would be useful...a blade from either left or right.

Cowboy ESU

Expert
    Thanks guys, there is a lot of great info I have had precision tactical do some work on firearms for me. I may just have to take a ride to crestview and see what they can do for me in way of kydex.

Last edited:

Cowboy ESU

Expert
    Tandy leather online order sheath kit you can get exactly the way you want it. They sell sheath kits holster kits etc.
    I checked out Tandy leather and saw some of the sheath kits. That was a great idea and it reminded me of a friend in NY that used to order his leather making materials from them. I may actually reach out to him and send him my knives so he can do something nice. He used to get exotic leathers such as ostrich and kangaroo. I like the simplicity of kydex as Raven suggested but love the look of leather. Thanks for the recommendation

Cowboy ESU

Expert
    A dual horizontal holster attached with loops on your back belt would be useful...a blade from either left or right.
    A dual horizontal holster would be nice but that would be hard to pull off since my wife claimed one of the knives.
    Everytime I get a nice knife the first question is “ did you get that for me?” and naturally I always end up giving it up to her. I really don’t mind though because I always know she has one or two in her purse.
    She’s always checking to see if I did a switcheroo with her Spyderco Smock because her knife opens smoother than my knfe. ‍♂️

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Back when I was on Facebook there was a guy named David Fleming that was doing custom sheaths and custom blades. His work was impressive. He is in the Mossy Head area

Top Bottom