• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Master
    Thanks, I can't stand a thief and/or a liar. I'll talk with Admin, no reason for him to be one here, IMO.

Viking1204

Master
    Why the hell were charges dropped??? This is the kind of crap that has this country going to hell in a hurry.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    He should not be allowed on any forum and remember this is not the only issue he has had. We finally got the 3 weapons back for the guy in CA that had sent him to be Cerakoted and he would not return, they were missing parts and the finish was a mess as he reported to the forum. I know Tim has had a lot of problems but as far as I am concerned he brought them on himself by poor business practices. Buyer beware!

Clay

Master
    An individual has to 'willfully' commit a crime, all he had to do was say he didn't intend to not deliver the goods, he had other merchandise to purchase and used the funds, blah blah blah -3% of crimes are prosecuted .....

flyandscuba

Master
    Sadly, the victims will never recover their money - nor receive the Yeti coolers.

I used Tim's services before this happened - both for firearms transfers and to coat some firearms. For the most part I had good dealings with him. However, since this became public I will no longer use his services nor recommend them to others. (Kinda like Capt Ron)

b747fp

Master
    I tried to give him a chance, figured it would be good to get in with a new local gun shop. He hooked me up a couple times, but then I went to order a 10/22 from him, he ordered the wrong one, whatever, mistakes happen. Then he said he was going to order the right one, which took weeks to get in. Then he wouldn't answer the phone, or return emails. After that, I was done.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Like Scuba, I have used Tim before and always have been satisfied as I sat on him through the entire process and never gave him $ till I had the product. However due to his actions and business practices I will not use him again, will not recommend him and actually warn friends by email and PM not to use him...I just don't want them to lose $ and be and want them to be an informed customer.

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    He's a thief, end of story. He took people's money for a product and never delivered it or refunded them. His statements about not being able to repay people and Yeti saying they never got paid for the order tells me that he blew the money on God knows what. Ok, maybe he made a mistake and did something out of character.....who knows. The bottom line is that he has the opportunity to fix it by repaying people. He is still selling his services on various websites so he is obviously taking in cash and can afford to give back, even a little at a time, to his victims.

He continues to choose his fate by not making any effort to pay them back and for that I can not defend him in any way as a member of this or any other firearms community.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    He's a thief, end of story. He took people's money for a product and never delivered it or refunded them. His statements about not being able to repay people and Yeti saying they never got paid for the order tells me that he blew the money on God knows what. Ok, maybe he made a mistake and did something out of character.....who knows. The bottom line is that he has the opportunity to fix it by repaying people. He is still selling his services on various websites so he is obviously taking in cash and can afford to give back, even a little at a time, to his victims.

He continues to choose his fate by not making any effort to pay them back and for that I can not defend him in any way as a member of this or any other firearms community.

Very well said!! I think this thread should be stickies in the gun smithing section...

jakec

Master
    is this the same guy that used to build boat towers on archer rd?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yes sir not sure the address and there were complaints of fraud there too.

bkitzel250

Expert
    Yeah if it was an honest mistake you would think he would at least try to slowly pay those people back? I mean if I had my own buisness I would try to give the best customer service, that's what makes or breaks a buisness. I'm glad I've been warned, again. Was thinking about having a gun cerakoted even after hearing about this mess and giving him the benefit of the doubt, he might've made a mistake but after months go by and he can't give anyone a portion of that money back? I think I'll take my buisness elsewhere . I've learned the hard way about giving money to a thief.

jakec

Master
    that sucks man my sister lives around the corner from him and he was always busy. seems like he couldve done pretty good without screwing people over. never did any business with him but he seemed cool the couple times i talked to him.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Tim is a pretty nice guy, but his bad business practices and poor money management got him into trouble and he chose to handle it like a thief instead of an honest man.

wshaw

Shooter
    Sadly, the victims will never recover their money - nor receive the Yeti coolers.

I used Tim's services before this happened - both for firearms transfers and to coat some firearms. For the most part I had good dealings with him. However, since this became public I will no longer use his services nor recommend them to others. (Kinda like Capt Ron)

Can you send me a pm about what happened with Capt. Ron? I got my CC through him and have been recommending clients to him. I want to make sure he is ok to recommend. Thanks

Top Bottom