• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauserLarry

Master
    I got your beer old man Larry!

Frank, you may walk all the way to the back of Wal-Mart to sneak in to keep from giving the Salvation Army lady a quarter but I guarantee that you have Beer! I actually have been wanting to come by your place with some Beer but I have had so much going on lately I haven't made it. :mad:

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Frank needs to buy his own beer, otherwise he will be put into the "Poors" category. Its bad enough he has been placed in the binky sucking, depends wearing protected by the mods slot.....

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Frank needs to buy his own beer, otherwise he will be put into the "Poors" category. Its bad enough he has been placed in the binky sucking, depends wearing protected by the mods slot.....
    We should discontinue the words old and poor. I thought we were done with this lol

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    the very short bus folks, you can always tell.. Come and buy something Larry, I know you need it!

MauserLarry

Master
    the very short bus folks, you can always tell.. Come and buy something Larry, I know you need it!

I’d like to but my heater went out the other day and I’m having one of those heat pump thingys put in. I can’t figure out how the whole world knows if I’ve got a little cash laying around. The only good thing I have had come of that is that prosperity has not ruined me.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I’d like to but my heater went out the other day and I’m having one of those heat pump thingys put in. I can’t figure out how the whole world knows if I’ve got a little cash laying around. The only good thing I have had come of that is that prosperity has not ruined me.

No not a Heat Pump! See you make a $100 extra and they come and get it!

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    I'm a relative newbie on here. I've met one member in person, JJ aka one-shot, when he fixed my son's AR15. He was a pleasure to be around and has a ton of knowledge.

That said, most groups like this, can be explained with the term "Disfunctional Family" and I mean that in a jokingly way. I've also learned over the years on various gun forums that until you are a known person. Your joking around, sarcasm, etc can be taken the wrong way. Really hard for some people to understand sarcasm or joking banter via the internet and therefore might take it as an attempt to bash someone.

Forums have rules and etiquette and it's best to tread lightly until you know the etiquette and the members know you. Sure every board has its "Hierarchy" or its "Cliques", but then again so does almost every aspect of daily life. The Air Force issued me a TSRK "Thin Skin Repair Kit", if you can't take criticism, or being called out, then maybe you're in the wrong place, job etc.

These are just my opinions......

As for the this site, it's no different than most weapon sites I'm on. I joined because it has people that are near to where I live, which would be able to help with gun issues etc, and I've been helped.

The rules are simple here, which are follow the rules. If you can't handle being picked on then don't pick on others. If you are going to call someone out make sure you are in the right. If you're going to contradict someone's input or advice, make sure you have the proof to back it up. And above all else enjoy the banter, camaraderie, and enjoy the ability to own and shoot firearms.

I'll get off my soapbox and go back to my corner and lurk........

What did I miss.....day late and a dollar short once again.

Doc
    You missed a bunch of old farts turning a thread about a banned member, into a thread about drinking beer.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Forums have rules and etiquette and it's best to tread lightly until you know the etiquette and the members know you.
    Years ago I read a post on another Florida gun forum by a member there named "SwampRat" about forum etiquette. I thought it was quite thoughful and well written...

How to Enter a Forum

That sounds silly doesn't it? Why would I have to learn how to enter a forum? I just sign up and post right?

It would seem on the surface to be that easy, but I see a lot of people have a real hard time...

Over time forums create a very tight community. Everyone learns the rules and looks out for each other...

That's the first thing... Read the rules. Different forums approach how you display links differently or even what you can talk about...

The other thing is don't come in gang busters!! Don't try to prove yourself and get to excited about showing everyone your knowledge etc....

Get to know the community first. Hang out for a while. Introduce yourself politely... Usually there is a separate area set aside for intros... And then start browsing.

Get to know the other posters... Remember a lot of these people have known each other for a while. They may even be doing business behind the scenes...

Once you have a feel for it, start helping out.

Helping out... If you have any knowledge to contribute, provide it... Help people with things you know about.

Learn... Read... Learn... Read some more... Ask questions...

Then let it rip if you want to.

The bottom line is very few people can go crazy right off the bat... There is an exception here or there, but usually the community wants to see you contribute for a while before you get bold. They need to get to know you.

It's just like building any relationship. Easy at first until you get to know each other.

Forums are powerful things. Don't abuse that power. And don't ruin your reputation...

Last edited:

JP0311

Expert
    I literally just joined this forum based on what he wrote. I heard about this forum from a buddy but forgot about it. His slam piece kind of backfired. Florida guntrader is full of spam ads and out of area ads even after you select panhandle. Apparently Illinois is in the panhandle. Armslist is no better. Thanks to him I’ve found a great alternative.

Welldoya

Master
    Several years ago I joined a gun forum, can’t remember the name.
    They had a section called “Ask the Experts” or something like that where the two moderators would tell you what your gun is worth.
    A guy asked them what his Win 94 was worth.
    I love Win 94s and keep a close watch on prices. At the time, post 64s were around $400.
    These guys decided the guy’s rifle was worth $200 which was ridiculous.
    So, with my first post, I spoke up and was immediately banned.
    I guess that forum was those two guys little kingdom and their word was the gospel.
    My point is, like Ross said above, sometimes it’s best to ease into a forum until you are accepted by the long time members.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Several years ago I joined a gun forum, can’t remember the name.
    They had a section called “Ask the Experts” or something like that where the two moderators would tell you what your gun is worth.
    A guy asked them what his Win 94 was worth.
    I love Win 94s and keep a close watch on prices. At the time, post 64s were around $400.
    These guys decided the guy’s rifle was worth $200 which was ridiculous.
    So, with my first post, I spoke up and was immediately banned.
    I guess that forum was those two guys little kingdom and their word was the gospel.
    My point is, like Ross said above, sometimes it’s best to ease into a forum until you are accepted by the long time members.
    I still haven't been excepted into the elite forum supporters and complainers group and still don't know the secret handshake...and I have more than 50 posts. Go figure

Latest posts

Top Bottom