• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Pretty much stopped watching football a few years back...National Felons League, IMO.

yep, what ever happened to being role models for our youth?:nerd:

90% street thugs with a football uniform and too much money...:sad:

Last edited:

Rapier

Marksman
    I too stopped watching the NFL and do not keep up wih any of the teams any more. Was a big fan, but no more, I do not support or tolerate bad behavior around me and will not pay to see such. It appears to me, as has been said, they are all a bunch of out of control, common street thugs, making millions while using drugs, asaulting women, beating up and even murduring people on the streets. If the team owners can not or will not police their teams then we need to just cut them off at the pocket book. However, as noted, I no longer watch them myself.
    Ed

bhudson

Shooter
    I don't follow or support any of it on any level anymore. Look at all the college athletes that get into trouble now and go on to make millions playing professional sports. We have way bigger problems in this country than who wins a fucking game. If you wanna see a guy with real problems who's struggling, go to the VA hospital

Last edited:

bluedog46

Expert
    ok he has a right not to stand and free expression I guess. I think the league can do something about the socks and keep his half black rear end in the locker room during the anthem.

He has the right

I have the right to hope every hit ends his career. If he wont stand to honor the flag because of "racial inequality" then why doesn't he donate his entire salary to protest income inequality? After all the people on money are old white male slave owners or supporters.

Viking1204

Master
    If I was a SF fan and had his jersey I would burn it and post it online for the world to see just as some fans have already done!

SAWMAN

Master
    Just wondering . . . . ever see a NASCAR driver,owner,crew chief,or other crewmember do this ?? ---SAWMAN

bobinbusan

Master
    Here is a good reply from Allen West.

Subject: Allen West's reply to 49'er QB Kaepernick
    Mr. Kaepernick, a biracial young man adopted and raised by white parents,
    claims America is oppressing blacks at a time when we have a black, biracial
    president who was twice elected. We’ve had two black attorneys general and
    currently have a black secretary of homeland security, along with a black
    national security advisor. Here in Dallas our police chief, whom I know, is an
    outstanding black leader. The officer in Milwaukee who shot the armed
    assailant after issuing an order to drop his weapon was black. Is Mr.
    Kaepernick following suit and cherry-picking what he terms “oppression?”
    First of all, let me clarify to you sir, you are a multi-millionaire “one-percenter”
    just because you can throw a ball and kiss your biceps. Men like Jesse Owens,
    Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron, Oscar Robertson, Ernie Davis, and Bernard King
    and Condredge Halloway of my alma mater were athletes who knew of
    oppression. You sir may certainly have the right to sit upon your “fourth point
    of contact” when the National Anthem is played but never forget, you live in a
    nation that has provided you the privilege to have that right
    My story is one I wish to share. My dad was a corporal in the U.S. Army and
    served during World War II. He was born in 1920 and knew oppression. Yet,
    when he sat me down on the steps of our home, 651 Kennesaw Ave NE in
    Atlanta, he shared with me that there was no greater honor or privilege, than
    to wear the uniform of these United States. Perhaps that ‘s why his first and
    middle sons, along with his grandson, are all U.S. combat veterans, just like
    Dad. Herman West Sr. was not a victim, and he raised men who would never
    allow anyone to suppress or oppress them. Perhaps you should stop trying to
    make victims and admonish people, black people, to be victors — try it, and
    you may find that more satisfying than your insidious action and word
    vomiting.If you want to know about oppression of blacks in America, past and present,
    how about you ask Rep. Nancy Pelosi of the San Fran Bay Area about the
    policies that decimated the black family? Maybe you can cross the Bay over to
    Oakland and ask Rep. Barbara Lee about the 13 to15 million black babies
    killed since 1973, and ask her who is Margaret Sanger?
    Or perhaps you can ask the two California senators, Boxer and Feinstein,
    about who doesn’t support better education opportunities for black children in
    the inner cities — school choice, vouchers, charter schools, home schooling.
    Perhaps you didn’t know Barack Obama was the one who cancelled the DC
    school voucher program for deserving young black children — talk about oppression. Is that something you’re willing to do, or is it just too difficult?
    You should look at who’s been controlling the communities and cities where
    blacks live. This isn’t not about what America has done; it’s about what a
    certain group, a political party has done. And your somewhat backhanded
    comment towards our law enforcement officers — well, wonder how many
    times San Francisco PD has protected you?
    Here is the deal young man. My recommendation is that you apologize. Be a
    stand up fella and admit you made a very stupid comment. Humbly state that
    you do realize how very special this country is and the opportunities it has
    afforded you — and many others. You should take that stand and apologize to
    all of those who are currently serving in our Armed Forces and those veterans
    who’ve been willing to make that last full measure of devotion. You see, when
    the National Anthem is played, it has a very special meaning to us — maybe
    you should take a hiatus and go over to Helmand Province in Afghanistan and
    spend a week and understand why. Go over and throw a football with the men
    and women who enable you to earn those millions of dollars.
    The American flag has a very touching meaning for those of us for whom it
    will drape our coffin — as it was for my Dad…and it will be for me. That song
    defines who we are as a proud and exceptional people. This is a land where so
    many dream of coming to and earning the title of American. Your actions were
    shameful, disgusting, despicable and disrespectful.
    You do have a right and a freedom of expression. But know, there are
    consequences to your ignorant action, which is what it was.
    When the National Anthem is played, I salute because I am a black man born and raised in the inner city afforded the opportunity for greatness in my own right. May you seek God’s forgiveness and find humility, because we, the people are not going to forget what you did and said.....Allen West....

Rapier

Marksman
    Col. West is a pretty special American.
    Ed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    John Tortorella, who will be the head coach of Team USA for the upcoming World Cup of Hockey, won’t be having any Colin Kaepernicks on his team.
    When asked what his response would be if one of his players opted to sit or kneel in an act of protest during “The Star-Spangled Banner,” Tortorella had a blunt answer.
    “If any of my players sit on the bench for the national anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game,” Tortorella told ESPN’s Linda Cohn.

Since Kaepernick has begun refusing to stand for the national anthem as an act of protest against racial injustice in America, much debate has circulated all around the sports world as to whether or not the San Francisco 49ers quarterback’s refusal is a sign of national disrespect. Some have supported Kaepernick, but some simply do not respect Kaepernick’s form of protest.
    The question is even more pertinent for teams taking part in international competitions, where they are literally representing their countries but also have a chance to mimic Kaepernick’s method of expressing their beliefs.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    JACKSON, Miss. – A federal judge Thursday dismissed a lawsuit that sought to have the Confederate battle emblem on the Mississippi flag declared an unconstitutional relic of slavery.
    U.S. District Judge Carlton Reeves ruled that the attorney who filed the suit, Carlos Moore, failed to show the emblem caused a "cognizable legal injury." However, in dismissing the suit, Reeves also picked apart arguments made outside the courtroom by many flag supporters who say that Mississippi's secession from the union before the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery.

THIS IS WHERE THIS COUNTRY IS GOING, IF IT OFFENDS YOU, FILE A LAWSUIT..WHAT IS NEXT, THE AMERICAN FLAG OFFENDING PEOPLE, SO THEY WILL WANT IT BANNED TOO?

"Moore's arguments are phrased as constitutional claims, yet his allegations of physical injuries suggest that he is making an emotional distress tort claim," Reeves wrote. "To succeed in constitutional litigation, however, Moore needs to identify that part of the Constitution which guarantees a legal right to be free from anxiety at State displays of historical racism. There is none."

THE UNITED STATES OF THE OFFENDED...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Thank God some kids are still being raised right.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    [h=2]Denver Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall got dropped by a sponsor for kneeling in protest during the national anthem.[/h]Air Academy Federal Credit Union, which mostly serves members of the military and their families, announced on social media Friday that it was ending its five-month relationship with Marshall.

"While we respect Brandon's right of expression, his actions are not a representation of our organization and membership. We wish Brandon well on his future endeavors," the company said.
    The statement was signed by AAFCU President and CEO Glenn Strebe.
    The announcement came a day after Marshall knelt during the anthem at the NFL opener between the Broncos and Carolina Panthers.

HAHAHAHAHAH

Rapier

Marksman
    Stick their pocketbook straight up their adz.
    Ed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Col. West is a pretty special American.
    Ed

yes, he is.
    Fourth Infantry Division commander Maj. Gen. Raymond Odierno relieved West of command of his battalion following an incident on Aug. 16 where he compelled an Iraqi detainee to reveal details of a planned ambush by twice firing his 9 mm. Sidearm close to the Iraqi's head.

The incident has become a major headache for the Army, which has reportedly received thousands of letters and emails from veterans and ordinary citizens incensed over an officer being punished for taking steps to safeguard the lives of his soldiers in a guerrilla combat zone.

An Iraqi informant reported that there was an assassination plot against West, an artillery officer working with the local governing council in Saba al Boor near Tikrit in the "Sunni Triangle" of Iraq. The informant told soldiers that one person involved in the attack was a town policeman.

West had the policeman placed in a detention center but interrogators had no luck at first, so West decided to take over the questioning himself.

West later emailed The Washington Times to confirm that he had fired his weapon:
    "I did use my 9 mm weapon to threaten him and fired it twice. Once I fired into the weapons clearing barrel outside the facility alone, and the next time I did it while having his head close to the barrel. I fired away from him. I stood in between the firing and his person.

"I admit that what I did was not right but it was done with the concern of the safety of my soldiers and myself,"
    West told the newspaper.​
    West later said the gunshots spurred the Iraqi to provide the location of the planned sniper attack and the names of three Iraqi guerrilla fighters

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    2016-09-23-07344543_large.jpg

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    When Colin Kaepernick began kneeling during the national anthem earlier this season, he kicked off an entire national discussion on police brutality, the treatment of African-Americans, and the rights of Americans to protest their own national anthem. But when it came time for Kaepernick to exercise his right as an American to participate in the governing process, he declined to do so.

Top Bottom