Conn. Lawmakers on Gun Registration: ‘I’m Telling You Right Now, I Will Not Comply’

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bac3996

Marksman
    Somebody buy this man a drink.:rockon:

Conn. Lawmakers on Gun Registration: ‘I’m Telling You Right Now, I Will Not Comply’
    Mar. 3, 2014 4:00pm Jason Howerton

Now that tens of thousands of gun owners in Connecticut are in direct violation of a hastily-passed gun control law, a video of a fed-up Navy veteran warning lawmakers that he “will not comply” with the law is just going viral. As previously reported by TheBlaze, as many as 100,000 gun owners technically became felons overnight because they chose not to register their semi-automatic rifles and/or high-capacity magazines.

A man, identified as John S. Cinque, reportedly appeared at a public meeting in North Haven, Conn., on April 22, 2013, to confront lawmakers over the gun control law.

Cinque started by asking if the bill would have done anything to prevent the tragic Sandy Hook shooting. Eventually, Connecticut State Rep. David Yaccarino (R) replied, “maybe not.”

Cinque went on to ask what the state plans to do with residents who “will not comply with this law.”

“That’s up to you, that’s your right,” Yaccarino said. “As far as Sandy Hook, we don’t know if it would’ve or wouldn’t have, but we also have an obligation to do our best to protect public safety.”

That’s when Cinque went off, causing the room to erupt in applause.

“I’m a 30-year public servant, 20-year career fireman, OK? United States Navy veteran, upstanding citizen all my life, three children — and with the stroke of a pen from the ivory tower with the gold top, you’ve decided to create me to be a felon. A class D felony for doing absolutely nothing wrong.”

He also warned lawmakers that gun control advocates would not simply stop at gun registration.

“You people really think they’re going to stop? I’m telling you right now, I’m will never vote for any of you again, I’m done,” he added.

And before he was done speaking, Cinque sent a message to lawmakers loud and clear: “I don’t want to speak for nobody else… But I’m telling you right now, I will not comply. There you go.

Welldoya

Master
    My hat is off to that man. More need to have the guys to stand up. It's the only way it will stop.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    AMEN and that is how it starts

Idoono

Master
    we're so fucked. how in the hell did it get to be this way?

By people like us who do not get involved in politics and let these asshats get elected.

Idoono

JBryan314

Master
    Once I've moved back to the area, I fully intend to attend whatever town meetings are held. I mean, of course I won't be at all of them, but I'm sure as heck going to enough of them that I'll know what's happening and they'll know who I am.

Champ62

Master
    Once I've moved back to the area, I fully intend to attend whatever town meetings are held. I mean, of course I won't be at all of them, but I'm sure as heck going to enough of them that I'll know what's happening and they'll know who I am.

You're moving back to Connecticut? Why?

Viking1204

Master
    What I found interesting in the first video is that the politicians said they've talked to Mossberg and they are going to stay in CT. If that's true they just lost any of my future business.

Seanpcola

I can't copy and paste a link reliably on this *%$#*@ pad right now but do a search of the latest comments from the CT govenor regarding this. I would be surprisded if he doesn't foment the first volley in this war.

If he doesn't get stomped in the next election the CT state line should be the first place we build a border wall.

Top Bottom