• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bay Ranger

Master
    Coons are raiding my feeder according to the cell trail cam every night/morning. The feeder is a 3 hour drive away and they are eating all my corn. I know I can't do anything about what is scattered on the ground, however, climbing up metal legs to get to the hopper? Can't choot'em cause I have no night vision and I'm too far away to hit the plot every night.

How do I eliminate this clan?
    coon2.jpg
    coon1.jpg
    coon1.jpg

Dojostud

Expert
    I have night vision, if you want I can come take a few for you! Message me if interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Don't know what model feeder that is but most have a cage kit that keeps em from flicking it. Our deer do the same thing. One licks the impeller and the rest eat. Very nice camera btw.

Raven

Master
    Put a solar powered motion detector light on that feeder. Let them get used to the light going on and off and nothing happening, and then they'll go along with it like business as usual. Then set up within range one night and get 'em good when the light is on

Raven

Master
    I heard that a half rotten coon full of maggots suspended over a lake or pond in a dip net is awesome fish bait. The maggots fall into the water and the fish will hang out underneath just waiting. The hell I'd ever just let one go

SAWMAN

Master
    The very best trap bait for coons is marshmallows. It generally will not attract "non targeted" animals.
    I used marshmellows very effectively as the ACO of my small town in Maine. No cats,dogs,etc,but lots of coons.
    Be very carefull of a boar coon in a smallish trap. I say - -> SHOOT AND RELEASE. YMMV ---- SAWMAN

Bay Ranger

Master
    Don't know what model feeder that is but most have a cage kit that keeps em from flicking it. Our deer do the same thing. One licks the impeller and the rest eat. Very nice camera btw.

Feeder is a Moultre. Need to see if they make an attachment for the feeder that I can buy.

I like the solar like idea as I would prefer getting them gone for good. I have the feeder set to go off 2 times a day for 2 seconds and the coons are probably eating everything that gets to the ground.

Camera is one of the TACTACAM "x" series. It's new and I'm still learning the settings, but so far, I'm pleased

SAWMAN

Master
    BOINK !!
    LIGHT BULB !!
    GOT MANY PICS OF COONS IN THE DAYLIGHT. ???
    SET YOUR SLINGER ACCORDINGLY.
    I used to sling 30 minutes before sunrise and 30 minutes before sunset. --- SAWMAN

Bay Ranger

Master
    BOINK !!
    LIGHT BULB !!
    GOT MANY PICS OF COONS IN THE DAYLIGHT. ???
    SET YOUR SLINGER ACCORDINGLY.
    I used to sling 30 minutes before sunrise and 30 minutes before sunset. --- SAWMAN

As a matter of fact, it seems the coons in my area do come out in daylight.

a3c3f63b-03ab-4122-9443-ba921d47a613.jpg

Right now I have the slinger set to go off 2 times a day: the first at 0530hrs and the second at 1730hrs. When I get back to the property I may cut it back to once a day at 0530hrs.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Why are you running it so early? I would say 10am to 2 pm. Run it when animals are not likely to be in the field.

Latest posts

Top Bottom