• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockb

Expert
    Just started letting my guineas out. Today they had been out less than 90 min and there was a coyote sitting under the trees about 2' on the other side of the fence.

Anyone ever had any luck calling them in with the free mp3 calls using your phone?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I have a fox pro and another hand held you can borrow if the app does not work but no real reason it should not other than distance heard

rockb

Expert
    I have a fox pro and another hand held you can borrow if the app does not work but no real reason it should not other than distance heard

Thank you. How long should I play the distress sound then how long silence before playing it again?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    run it at least 5 minutes but start low, most people turn to full volume and the yotes are too close and scare off, with an app I doubt you will have that problem. and watch...probably better would be to put one of your birds in a havahart trap type where you can get the shot off and use it for bait along w the caller unless the bird will scream for you

Jason

Master
    I would worry more about owls and hawks then yotes!!! I had several but got picked off every night while they roosted in the trees! But hey, ifin you can kill em do it!!!

MarkS

Master
    I would worry more about owls and hawks then yotes!!! I had several but got picked off every night while they roosted in the trees! But hey, ifin you can kill em do it!!!

I had to put netting ( old shrimp net ) over the wife's chicken pen to stop the hawks from killing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    I have hawks perched in trees around my back yard. They splode pigeons and doves on the ground or on takeoff almost daily. Some times they dine in, more often just take-out, Lol. Circle of life but I'm not paying for the pigeons either.

You can rubber band a birds legs and tether it, it will flop around as injured: becoming irresistible to yotes. Be ready!

Top Bottom