• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Django

Master
    This is good news, thanks for posting.

FowlHunter13

Master
    I have shot at the pistol range only and it is very nice. The rifle range looks to have several long range bays as well. The staff is very friendly. I should be out there this weekend to try it out again. I will update the report.

wildrider666

Master
    Is it still $100 per member per year? Any per visit fee?
    Were range poor in PCB with Milton and Mexico Beach ranges 90 miles out. Defunk is a better option.
    Locally Jays in Panama City wants $20 per hour Or $50 membership and $10 an hour AND if you want to shoot rifle its only 25 yards, frangible rds AND $1.00 per round you fire (yeah, you provide them too).
    Back in Idaho there is thousands of acres of open land to hunt and shoot. The County still built a 300 yd rifle and 50 pistol range at the county dump! Sign in and go shoot. no fees. You would be locked in for an hour. If some one else came to shoot, as long as you worked it out every stayed if there was a conflict the one who had been the the longest left. Never saw any conflict and all the gun bunnies got along. Need that around here. Even if there was a requirement for a CWP, Hunters safety course of just show a DD214. Heck, the county could charge a minor day fee and make a little change. They have all the heavy equipment on site to dig it out and all those tires would make a good backstop and help prevent erosion.

Lockdownx99

Shooter
    Were range poor in PCB with Milton and Mexico Beach ranges 90 miles out. Defunk is a better option.
    Locally Jays in Panama City wants $20 per hour Or $50 membership and $10 an hour AND if you want to shoot rifle its only 25 yards, frangible rds AND $1.00 per round you fire (yeah, you provide them too).
    Back in Idaho there is thousands of acres of open land to hunt and shoot. The County still built a 300 yd rifle and 50 pistol range at the county dump! Sign in and go shoot. no fees. You would be locked in for an hour. If some one else came to shoot, as long as you worked it out every stayed if there was a conflict the one who had been the the longest left. Never saw any conflict and all the gun bunnies got along. Need that around here. Even if there was a requirement for a CWP, Hunters safety course of just show a DD214. Heck, the county could charge a minor day fee and make a little change. They have all the heavy equipment on site to dig it out and all those tires would make a good backstop and help prevent erosion.

Im in the same position. im used to just showing up and shooting. i love to prepay ONCE, then not have to pay each time. thats the point of a membership right? not to mention all the ranges in crestview are so restrictive. im just looking for someone with a few acres of land in the county where we can go every so often to shoot at our leisure without the range police breathing down your neck. I think with my LE training in 3 different states, im more than capable of keeping myself safe and responsible with firearms.

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    I'm usually there every Sunday but I managed to pull a muscle or pinch a nerve in my neck.
    I posted some pics in this link
    http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?152-Forum-Shootin-match
    He has a 300yd rifle range, a 75yd pistol range, a 3-D archery range & is working on a Trap & Skeet setup. Covered equipment & shooting benchs,,, I back my truck right up to the equipment benchs.
    It's $15 a day to shoot,,, I'm not sure about membership cost

Clay

Master
    The Walton County Sheriff's Office is planning a public range, or so we were told last month in the Civillian Firearms Course I took. Bullets and Bones is nice and corn is 9.50/50lb bag.

Lockdownx99

Shooter
    I'm usually there every Sunday but I managed to pull a muscle or pinch a nerve in my neck.
    I posted some pics in this link
    http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?152-Forum-Shootin-match
    He has a 300yd rifle range, a 75yd pistol range, a 3-D archery range & is working on a Trap & Skeet setup. Covered equipment & shooting benchs,,, I back my truck right up to the equipment benchs.
    It's $15 a day to shoot,,, I'm not sure about membership cost

Fees:
    Non Members - $15
    Members - $7.50
    Membership dues per year - $100
    Membership processing fee (one time fee paid on first years membership signup) - $20
    They also accept donations for range improvement!!!

yeah it looks like a nice range. ill definitely have to check them out! i looked all over their website and found where it said non members pay $15, and members pay $7.50. I will definitely keep it in mind, but after dishing out the $100 membership fee and the $20 "Processing" fee (i guess me filling out my info and them filing it in a cabinet is worth $20) i would be hard pressed to still have to cough up $8 every time i wanna shoot. This kinda defeats the purpose of a membership if i still have to pay out when i want to shoot. not only that, but i would have to go 17 times just to see any benefit of a membership over a person that pays the $15 every time they shoot. i am looking for a place that will take a lump sum of my money, and let me come there anytime i please, minus any range days or competitions and establishment closures.

not only do i have to contend with the lump sum membership fee, the processing fee, and the discounted per-visit fee, but i, living in Crestview, also have to contend with the $10 in gas every time i wanna go to the range. The distance is my problem, not the ranges and im not hold that against anyone. but i, like most others im sure would be more apt to drive that distance and patronize their establishment over the other, more convenient and closer ranges if they had some kind of edge over the local ranges. Kinda like when i used to have my motorcycle serviced by yamaha. I passed Biloxi, Pascagoula, and Mobile Yamaha shops to get to Spanish Fort because of the Customer service and appreciation. that means more to me than anything. maybe i will go by there in the next few weeks if anyone wants to get together for a range day! let me know.

Last edited:

shooter2012

Shooter
    Hello everyone bullets and bones does have a membership it is for a single person it is $120 the first year and $100 after and it cuts your daily fee of $15 to $7.50 we have a membership if you want to sign up husband and wife it is $170 the first year $150 after and you both pay $7.50... We do have a pistol range that goes from 5 yards to 70 yards and a rifle range that is set up at 100,200, and 300 yards..

rockb

Expert
    Were range poor in PCB with

Heard that the county had approved one by steelfield. Not sure if it was going to be county or private. neighbors complained and I haven't heard anything more about it.

Top Bottom