• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gonzolee10

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I mean I hear all of the arguments, but I've owned several glocks and several different 365s. I've never had any of the problems that he was talking about from my 365s. To me it came down to comfort in the hand and grip angle. I switched from glock to the 365x with the icarus grip about 2 years ago for my edc and never looked back. By no means am I downing glock, I still own a few, but for the edc for me it sig all the way. Just my 2 cents!

ccc

Master
    30 years of one of the best pistols in HISTORY ! Torture test KING ! Used and counted on by every police agency and military in the world ! And as usual the fad crowd comes out with the latest and greatest skinny jean pistol and all the sudden the Glock is obsolete. You can’t make this up. Guns are just like anything else in the world these days. Yeti can now make THE BEST DOG FOOD BOWL and plastic five gallon bucket and charge you ten times what a regular dog food bowl and bucket cost and folks FLOCK to get a Yeti dog food bowl and bucket, same with guns. I own some very nice collectible firearms, and when SHTF I am grabbing my Glocks !!!!!!

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I have several. SHTF G21... Just picked up a G26 after looking at them for 20+ years. Been CC ing it for week+. Using the 12rd magpul mag with
    +P 50gr bullets. Way lighter, easy to carry with the 50gr.
    Previously carried a PF9 for about +3 years, single stack. and P17 for about 6 months. No issues with those, just like Glocks due to personal experience with them. As long as you carry something your ok in my book.

timc

Expert
    I carry either a 365XL or 320 daily for work. The 365 is also carried daily off-duty. I haven’t had any issues he describes in the video. I did have a front sight that went dim, but Sig replaced it quickly and paid for the shipping to and from Sig. I’m a fan of both the 365 and 320 platform.
    I’ve also carried and used Glocks in a professional capacity. I own quite a few Glocks and like them as well.
    Comes down to personal preference and what works for you.

FLT

Master
    Carry what you’re comfortable carrying, glocks require less maintenance than most pistols . But they’re ugly as hell, but in spite of that I carry one every where I go except barbecues. At those events I take one of the pretty pistols.
    ;)

I will add this. I have no issues with Glocks, SIGs (even the P365 and P320 models), nor with my Berettas. I would not own them if they were problematic. The fact is that issues can pop up and there is usually an explanation for them. That primer strike he showed looked like a good primer strike to me. He said he used cheap ammo and some Winchester. Well, Winchester ammo can be hit and miss. Additionally, some cheap ammo has hard primers. It is important to use good, well-known, and dependable ammo. As for any video review, you have to be discerning and not take every word for face value. My advice, keep your Glocks and your SIG P365 and P320. There is nothing wrong with them.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Been a g-lock fanboi since I bought my first gen3 G17 some 17 or 18yrs ago. Its like a hammer or pipe wrench... does a specific job and they do it well. Had lots of other mfgs guns but always go to g-lock, unless I have my S&W 442 in my front pocket!

Nobody has mentioned the grip area on the non glocks. Is it good or was he just spouting nonsense?

The standard P365 grip is too small for my hand. I would have to change out the grip module to the XL size so that my pinkie finger had somewhere to rest. With my smaller Glocks (26, 27, 42, and 43), I have to use magazine extensions. If my pinkie is not gripping or gripping well, it throws my grip off and the pistol does not feel right in my hand. I have no issue with the circumference of the P365 grip, only the length.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    I guess I have medium sized hands, and while the P365 grip is quite small in diameter, I don't find it uncomfortable. As already stated, it is quite short, especially with a flush-fit 10 round mag. I carried mine with 12-rounders & pinkie extension until recently, when I switched to an XL grip frame and flush-fit 12 rounder....it's still about the same length as before but the XL grip just feels better in my hand. I have nothing against Glocks, have owned a few, but they're all gone and I still have the Sig. YMMV

Top Bottom