• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaltyGator

Shooter
    30 years of one of the best pistols in HISTORY ! Torture test KING ! Used and counted on by every police agency and military in the world ! And as usual the fad crowd comes out with the latest and greatest skinny jean pistol and all the sudden the Glock is obsolete. You can’t make this up. Guns are just like anything else in the world these days. Yeti can now make THE BEST DOG FOOD BOWL and plastic five gallon bucket and charge you ten times what a regular dog food bowl and bucket cost and folks FLOCK to get a Yeti dog food bowl and bucket, same with guns. I own some very nice collectible firearms, and when SHTF I am grabbing my Glocks !!!!!!
    HAHAHA...fn Yeti dog bowl; that and the bucket are spot on analogies! It's like everything, everyone has the "best" option "for them," If you don't like glock or sig, just buy what you want and move on. I've owned both and like both, I did sell my glock simply because I wanted to trim my calibers down and I wanted to stick with 9mm.

Reactions: ccc

Bravo Romeo

Shooter
    Had several "Flocks" over the past 25 years but, lost confidence in ability to perform and protect me when needed. I now carry a Staccato C2 that I trust my life to.

ccc

Master
    Had several "Flocks" over the past 25 years but, lost confidence in ability to perform and protect me when needed. I now carry a Staccato C2 that I trust my life to.
    “Ability to perform and Glock” not words heard often together…………

m4a1sof

Expert
    I succumbed to all the hype when the Glock came out about thirty or so years ago and bought a G17. I didn't really like the grip angle but the main deal breaker was about every two or three times out of a magazine the empty case would come straight back and nail me between the eyes. I got tired of my own gun shooting me and sold it. Never had another one since, way too many IMHO better guns to choose from to even consider buying another Glock.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    I went through a brief but somewhat intense fascination with Glocks, having owned a G17, G19 (actually 3 Gen 5s at different times, one of which would not consistently cycle with 115 gr ammo until it had a break-in of over 100 rounds trough it) a G22, G24C, G35, and G41 (2 of them at different times). Now they're all gone, never to be replaced. Like nearly everyone says 'they go bang every time,' but to me that's just a tired cliché. I currently own 'several' handguns and they all go bang every time. My only current polymer pistol is my Sig P365, which serves a purpose, but I don't intend to buy more (polymer pistols) in the future.

I'm not a Glock hater, I just don't care much for plastic guns in general. Of course they are good, dependable pistols, and it would be stupid to try to make an argument against their popularity, so I'll just say they're not for me. I find them to be without character, ugly, odd-feeling to hold and only marginally accurate (except the 24C), at least in my hands. of course YMMV

LDHunter

Shooter
    When you're the big dog there are always beta bitches biting at your heels... I'll stick with my Glocks because they're simply the best semiauto pistols ever made.

Any of y'all wanna sell your worthless, outdated Glocks let me know but I suspect I'll never actually hear from someone trying to sell one unless for some reason they're desperate for cash.

They simply work and are quite accurate and like the guy in the video said... You really don't need to clean them unless it makes you happy. A little oil in the right places and rock and roll.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    I find them to be without character, ugly, odd-feeling to hold and only marginally accurate (except the 24C), at least in my hands. of course YMMV

Marginally accurate? I disagree, I find the pistols to be exceptionally accurate.

When you're the big dog there are always beta bitches biting at your heels... I'll stick with my Glocks because they're simply the best semiauto pistols ever made.

Any of y'all wanna sell your worthless, outdated Glocks let me know but I suspect I'll never actually hear from someone trying to sell one unless for some reason they're desperate for cash.

They simply work and are quite accurate and like the guy in the video said... You really don't need to clean them unless it makes you happy. A little oil in the right places and rock and roll.
    I agree. Although I own a vast amount of SIGs and Berettas, I will not get rid of my many Glocks. They are simple and they work. My first Glock was a G21 made in 1995 that I bought used 20 years ago. It is still around and there are a lot more Glocks that have joined it.

M60Gunner

Master
    Like any other they got better. My first Gen 1 G17 was a key holer but I love my Gen 4 and 5 G19

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Marginally accurate? I disagree, I find the pistols to be exceptionally accurate.

I won't question your skill or your perception of 'exceptionally accurate,' but I will remind you that I said '...in my hands...' That said, I'm not a bad shot, and I own some very, very accurate handguns. I can shoot any centerfire handgun in my safe far better than I ever did with a Glock (with the limited exception of the 24C) . The G19s I owned were definitely marginal in accuracy. Yes, they'd shoot 'minute of bad guy', but not much better. If you like and do well with them then good for you...you're not alone. Like I said, YMMV. I'm not a hater but they're of no interest to me whatsoever.

ccc

Master
    I won't question your skill or your perception of 'exceptionally accurate,' but I will remind you that I said '...in my hands...' That said, I'm not a bad shot, and I own some very, very accurate handguns. I can shoot any centerfire handgun in my safe far better than I ever did with a Glock (with the limited exception of the 24C) . The G19s I owned were definitely marginal in accuracy. Yes, they'd shoot 'minute of bad guy', but not much better. If you like and do well with them then good for you...you're not alone. Like I said, YMMV. I'm not a hater but they're of no interest to me whatsoever.
    I will agree with this. I would not competition shoot with a Glock, although many do and shoot much better with them than I do. You want to target shoot, out come my Belgium High Powers and CZ Shadow II. But when it comes as you say to “Minute of bad guy” I am not trying to shoot a button off his shirt. And the fact that there is basically no maintenance required and again the fact it has been relied on by military’s and police all over the world that’s good enough for me to EDC and protect my family. And I’m digging the comments of how “Ugly” Glocks are like bad guy is going to say “Dude are those Altamont grips, and my god who did your engraving” ????? You want pretty in a fight or you want reliable ??? My pretty stays in the safe, my Glocks protect my family.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    I'll never understand why people who want/have Glocks seem to feel the need to tell those who don't want them that they're somehow 'wrong.' And btw, my 'pretty' ones are reliable too...every one.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    I'll never understand why people who want/have Glocks seem to feel the need to tell those who don't want them that they're somehow 'wrong.' And btw, my 'pretty' ones are reliable too...every one.

You’re not wrong in your opinion other than the accuracy statement... if you mean YOU can’t shoot a Glock, I fully understand and acknowledge that.

You’re absolutely correct in that if it doesn’t appeal to you, is uncomfortable, or isn’t a platform you can employ to the fullest, then skip it for something favorable.

The mental aspect of liking and trusting your tools is in fact important.

Top Bottom