• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lil'skeet

Master
    Yeah. Tbh what if he did sell them. Or gifted them to family etc. He hasn't broke a law unless he intentionally sold them to a felon. So the crime hasn't even happened yet unless they found a felon with a gun linked to him. Then if that was the case it wouldn't be a nice door knock. But even if they did find a felon with one, it could have changed hands five times before he got it, or stole it. It still don't mean a crime happened. Imo they should be told to focus their efforts on keeping dangerous people locked up to begin with and not putting their job onto us and infringing our rights. If all the dangerous people stayed locked up, we'd not need a single law on the books. That's how I see it. It's simple really. Why is there even a dangerous felon walking the streets to begin with?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    For being locked up then let out of jail in less than 24 hours

FLT

Master
    These are crazy times we are living in, A law abiding citizen shouldn’t have to dread contact with law enforcement. Unfortunately that’s not the case. Any kind contact has the potential to become a problem these days .

Action

Expert
    The purpose of the ATF is a good purpose if used as intended. When the political climate changes, the mission shoved down their throats change as well. A local arrest on a dirt bag that’s selling drugs and using a gun is a slap on the hand, federal arrest is mandatory prison time. I can get behind that. Felon in possession, I can get behind that too. The other stuff I can’t. I also don’t feel the ATF Pensacola and ATF Mobile (my closest offices) give a rats rear end about what most of you all fear. I know 80 percent of those guys and they love guns and freedom like the rest. They signed up to chase bad guys not an old man who bought 3 ruger single six’s for whomever. If they doubled both those offices, that would be around 10 extra people. Basically 10 agents to cover 10 counties out of the mobile office. The city of mobile could keep them tied up with all their gun issues all day. Not here to change your mind but I think you have a better chance of publishers clearing house knocking on your door than an ATF agent in the south. If they do and you have something illegal, put it in your wife’s closet. You can thank me later!

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    The purpose of the ATF is a good purpose if used as intended. When the political climate changes, the mission shoved down their throats change as well. A local arrest on a dirt bag that’s selling drugs and using a gun is a slap on the hand, federal arrest is mandatory prison time. I can get behind that. Felon in possession, I can get behind that too. The other stuff I can’t. I also don’t feel the ATF Pensacola and ATF Mobile (my closest offices) give a rats rear end about what most of you all fear. I know 80 percent of those guys and they love guns and freedom like the rest. They signed up to chase bad guys not an old man who bought 3 ruger single six’s for whomever. If they doubled both those offices, that would be around 10 extra people. Basically 10 agents to cover 10 counties out of the mobile office. The city of mobile could keep them tied up with all their gun issues all day. Not here to change your mind but I think you have a better chance of publishers clearing house knocking on your door than an ATF agent in the south. If they do and you have something illegal, put it in your wife’s closet. You can thank me later!

That’s the point I’ve tried to make... but like most gun forums... people exaggerate the reality.

I don’t see how some of these guys sleep at night with the big bad ATF boogie man on the loose.

I could tell stories of how the SAO fails to go after legitimate gun related crimes... yet all of us pay the price when there’s no enforcement and yet another tick mark in the gun related crime category.

I guarantee y’all I’m about as anti establishment as a guy can be short of being an all out sovereign citizen, which is a discussion for another time, and I see no issue in this incident.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    To me it's way super overcomplicated. I think the agency itself is useless. Any hardcore true pro 2a person will eventually settle on the notion that anyone outside of jail that's not a threat to society, should be able to own whatever they want and be able to protect themselves. By adopting this notion, it yes includes even felons. But here me out tho.. just non violent ones. I could care less if a guy went to jail over a bag of weed that now isn't even illegal anymore, or a guy who didn't pay his income taxes and went to prison. Those types of felons should yes be able to own whatever also. They paid they're debt to society and if you believe in the system, they should be rehabilitated. So yes. They should be allowed to protect themselves just as any other should. Even ex gang members who used to be violent, yes. Now where the line is drawn is where if they're currently considered violent and or a threat to society. That's where I think the law should step in. Keep those locked up. If that is done, there's absolutely no need for background checks, extra laws, anything. It's just that simple. Either you're in jail and can't own one, or you're not. So why have an agency that does nothing but bother people who are outside of jail and tax rights we should have. It's kin to me taxing your religious rights. If I told you you can only worship Jesus, but Jesus can only give one blessing per pull of his finger, unless you pay the bishop 200$, then you can have full auto Jesus with that can bless many times per pull of his finger... would that sound weird? Why are people suddenly ok when this when it's thier gun rights instead?

I could keep going on. But I think that once people hash thru the BS and look at the bare bones it's really kinda a weird system in place. Then to see it suddenly get doubled, yeah that does make me concerned. Anything that doubles in size should be taken very seriously. Most thing grow by a few percent every few years. 200% overnight is a huge leap for anything. Am I fanning flames? No. Just stating the obvious. We now have double of something we totally don't need. And paying double for it with our tax dollars. There's many ways to be worried about it. Not just the "will they lock me up factor". I'm fine anyways and happen to be legal on every single item. I hope anyways. But that can change overnight. And that's what worries folks. But it only worries the law abiders. Criminals couldnt care less.

As far as they won't chase down a person over buying 3 ruger single sixes, that's exactly what the video shows. So, yeah there's that. Hopefully it's a rare thing tho. I hope so anyways

But... I too ain't here to change minds. Nor get people riled up. But yeah just discussing things as we see them take place. No harm in that.

As I said I like cops and local law enforcement. I think they're great. I think we need more of those, and less of the alphabet guys. That's all

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

WRM

Master
    I could tell stories of how the SAO fails to go after legitimate gun related crimes

And I can tell you a personal story of how they abuse honest, law abiding citizens for exercising their clear rights, too.

I don’t see how some of these guys sleep at night with the big bad ATF boogie man on the loose.

I sleep just fine at night and often quite a bit during the day as well. In fact, if they come here middle of the day, they'll likely wake me up. I know my rights, and I can make an independent judgment on how I will respond in any given situation. I think others have the right to inform themselves and make their own decisions. A part of that information gathering process can be discussions like this.

anyone outside of jail that's not a threat to society, should be able to own whatever they want and be able to protect themselves. By adopting this notion, it yes includes even felons.

Don't worry, most of them don't seem to care. Ran into one who hunts regularly with a firearm and already had a conviction as a felon in possession of a firearm. He was very casual about it, and, apparently, there is quite the little community of like minded felons.

WRM

Master
    ^ Where's my residual for writing that script??

He notes "certain trigger" purchases also are leading to ATF "visits".

Danwin22

Shooter
    Please save receipts for any guns you buy because you may have to prove ownership to get them back, if taken for any reason.

I'm thinking about getting a notarized list of my weapons today, do I can prove that they were in my possession if taken at some future date. That would cover the gun you inherited from grandpa.

WRM

Master
    Might as well get on all their radars. I've already called out the Federal BI today so let's add another alphabet with the ATF

Yeah, let these people in your house or talk to them at your peril.

Member what Ronnie said: "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help!"

What he said was--those are the 9 most dangerous words in the English language.

lil'skeet

Master

Please save receipts for any guns you buy because you may have to prove ownership to get them back, if taken for any reason.

I'm thinking about getting a notarized list of my weapons today, do I can prove that they were in my possession if taken at some future date. That would cover the gun you inherited from grandpa.
    Good pics of condition for any of them that are worth $. Promise you get them back in better condition.

Gitsum

Shooter
    Here's a video that I'll put you at ease.
    I bet they could spend one day in Chicago and get a bunch of illegal guns and felons that are totin' em.
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...e-your-guns-atf-surprises-firearm-inspection/ I'm
    What better way to try and curb straw purchases and create some apprehension and fear than for ATF to stage and film this video and then “release” it to the public. Don’t believe even what you see with your own eyes these days.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Honestly, anyone claiming to be LE who isn't a FL County Sheriff with all the trappings (uniform, SUV, etc) is going to get the "leave your card and a printed list of questions for me, my lawyer will be in touch" routine.

Sorry it's inconvenient and time consuming for LE to do that, but that's how I'll comply with an investigation if my lawyer deems it appropriate after reviewing said inquiry. Otherwise, get a warrant or fuck off.

And pretty much the LAST thing I'll be doing is impromptu firearm show and tell with some fuck-tard BATFE agent on my front porch. For a myriad of obvious reasons that escape BATFE agents attempting this type of chicanery.

In all seriousness, get fucked with that shit.

Top Bottom