• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Master
    That is NOT TRUE! For example NFA Poly lowers went up because they had to get materials from other vendors to meet demand. These vendors had higher prices, thus they had to INCREASE their price to maintain a profit margin =business 101. Of course they raised it MORE in a sellers market but your logic is illogical! That product is not the same price from the manufacturer for many companies.

Again, what MORAL principles are you violating? And NO BILL PASSING? That's a hell of a wager....it's thinking like that has the masses unprepared, paying ME $65 a PMag.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    That is NOT TRUE! For example NFA Poly lowers went up because they had to get materials from other vendors to meet demand. These vendors had higher prices, thus they had to INCREASE their price to maintain a profit margin =business 101. Of course they raised it MORE in a sellers market but your logic is illogical! That product is not the same price from the manufacturer for many companies.

Again, what MORAL principles are you violating?

Funny thing is when I check the MSRP price from the manufacturer it HAS NOT CHANGED for MOST items now being sold for 2-3 times higher. No matter what here some of us are going to agree to disagree. I'd much rather have a country run on my principles then that of some of you others. In your society only the rich would survive and screw the rest of the people, right!

And as to what moral principal are you violating, that would be selling your product at a fair price compared to what you paid for it. A 10% markup is not a bad thing but 50-100% markup, give me a break.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Posted this in the other thread with similar bickering...

I honestly think that the majority of our active posting member base was better prepared for this than the hordes that are searching high and low for a PMAG for less that 50 bucks right now.

I might be off base, but I think the reason this is such a hot topic here on the forum is that in our little forum bubble... supply is higher than what the general public has.... dozens and dozens of mags were just purchased through the forum group buy at 10-14 dollars per magazine, so the demand here doesn't support the inflated prices that we are seeing on gunbroker, local gun shops ETC.

In time things will either settle down and return to normal, or this "impending ban" will take place and things will get worse. The uncertainty is clearly what is fueling all of this and frustrating those who weren't ready. I can understand both sides, but there is no reason for hard feelings, business is business.

Those who are selling things on more well traveled sites must have a fair understanding of this situation as it exists... Us enthusiasts here, simply don't NEED as much as the guy who just picked up his first AR15 and doesn't have the first mag or box of ammo for it.

Just my take, for what its worth.

Viking1204

Master
    I've got all I need except for .223 and .308 ammo. Hopefully I'll be able to find some at a decent price before too long. I have some but would sure like to increase my holdings before anything crazy happens.

SAWMAN

Master
    Viking,with due respect I say.....You are hung up on MSRP. MSRP is gone sir. No more MSRP. AND what does MSRP mean to the buyer anyway. Any place that states that they will sell at MSRP is "out of stock" so again....MSRP means squat.

AND....for someone to abandon their "friends" on this forum because they are simply trying to make some money is......uh.......unfriendly. --- SAWMAN

Viking1204

Master
    Viking,with due respect I say.....You are hung up on MSRP. MSRP is gone sir. No more MSRP. AND what does MSRP mean to the buyer anyway. Any place that states that they will sell at MSRP is "out of stock" so again....MSRP means squat.

AND....for someone to abandon their "friends" on this forum because they are simply trying to make some money is......uh.......unfriendly. --- SAWMAN

This is where you would be wrong. EVERY local dealer, Walmart and Big Box Sporting goods store is still getting their products from the manufacturer at the same wholesale price and Walmart and the Big Box Sporting goods stores are still selling at or below MSRP. It's only local gun stores, some members of this forum and auction sites that are over pricing things. BTW, I don't try and rip off my friends, they wouldn't be my friends if I did. Go ahead and make your money on the guy trying to live paycheck to paycheck and support his family yet still try to enjoy his passion for our sport. Again, we'll agree to disagree, not going to argue about it anymore.

Clay

Master
    I am supposed to have to provide for someone else who didn't plan ahead because it's the 'moral' thing to do? I lived paycheck to paycheck most of my life and DID pick this stuff up over years. I should take profits out of my pocket, food off my kid's table or money out of her college fund, because it's the moral thing to do and to help out stupid people who didn't think ahead? Don't get me wrong, I still have compassion and empathy for these people, but they are fools. As per the MSRP, the printing is done for 2013, they will not incur the expense to reprint everything, but will certainly send supplemental price sheets with increases to DEALERS. I have vendors who I ordered with BEFORE CT, paid X and was on backorder, now X has increased to Y and that's that!

Go ahead and make your money on the guy trying to live paycheck to paycheck and support his family yet still try to enjoy his passion for our sport.

Sounds like Communism banged the Welfare Receptionist...and clearly you're not a business man, as no business can survive making a 10% profit margin and this fantasy world doesn't exist you talk of. The cost to make a GOOD NY style pizza is around $2.50, go find me a decent pizza parlor selling $5 pizzas, more like $9-$13. Alcohol has an average 500% mark-up at the bar, are these people taking advantage of the working man? Jeans cost a few bucks, they charge $50+, CD's cost pennies to manufacture, you buying them for that? Come on Viking, this list is never-ending. It hit a nerve with you emotionally, and that's fine and understand the frustration, but for god's sake, you sound like a smoker bitching about having lung cancer.

Last edited:

Ken232

Marksman
    Its the buyers driving it ALL up people Dont blame the sellers Example A friend put a 33 rnd glock mag on ebay no reserve...Price he sold it for? 100.00 they are buying it up and hoarding it..IF you think the price is high now..Wait until he High cap ban goes it..just that alone will run the prices of hi cap mags to 3-4 times what they are selling for NOW 30 round PMags will be over 100-150 each and thats at first when those deplete...look out. I remember 15.00 glock hi cap mags jumping to over 100 the last time hi caps were banned...The funs JUST started

Viking1204

Master
    I'm not complaining about the auction prices, that's an auction. What I'm complaining about is a forum member buying a M&P15 for $800 or $900 and then selling it here for over $1,500. Also, not all local stores are jacking up their prices. Destin Guns is an example of serious price gouging, they are selling Pmags for $60 while another local Tactical Supply store still sells theirs for $15.99 when they get them in stock. I didn't say 10% profit margin, I said 10% over the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) and anybody in business knows there's not a single business that pays MSRP for their products, they get them wholesale from the manufacturer and MSRP is what their recommended to sell it for. Selling it at 10% over MSRP means the business is earning between 20-30% when you consider what they paid wholesale for the product. MSRP was introduced so companies wouldn't do what's currently happening. The companies selling at decent prices will stay in business, places like Destin Guns might go out of business. This is a small community and everywhere I've been lately is talking about the price gouging their doing including other ethical business owners. Peace out, we disagree and nothing I say can change some of your minds!

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    I did not go thru all the pages of this thread, but IMOA there is clearly a choice out there. You buy it or you don't. Don't like the price, wait till you find a price you do.

outside9

Master
    Someone said it the other day on another thread, when this all dies down and a car payment comes due there will be some fire sales.

wildrider666

Master
    Prep? Stockpile? If you need it that bad then be a student of history, lesson: Liberator .45APC. You may use something a bit more sophisticated but the principle is the same.

Hubbyandwife

Expert
    If you don't like the price....don't buy. If no one buys, then he will get the idea and drop the price to what the public demands. However, right now the public demand commands the higher price.

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    hmmm taking advantage of our fellow man... Thats wonderful. I can assure you i wont wish i bought a $65 p-mag, i have everything i need. Its disgusting to see that instead of people banding together to combat the governments outrageous plans... People would rather take advantage of one another, to make a profit.
    Thats good for you that your making money hand over fist, really... But i have morals that would never allow me to sell my p-mags for $65 a piece!

But hey... Thats me

well said!!

Hubbyandwife

Expert
    I don't know about anyone else, but I will buy something for as low as I can get it and sell something for as much as I can get for it. If you don't like the price, then move on and buy from somewhere else. Do I think it is sickening to see a Pmag sell for $65 today that sold for $12 2 or 3 weeks ago...yes. Not because it is hurting my feelings by any means. I am just sick that I didn't buy more and stock up like some people did. I have enough for what I need and maybe a little more. I would love to have a truck load of AR magazines, Glock magazines, .22LR, .223 and 9mm ammo. More power to free enterprise!

Amen FowlHunter. I wonder if dwatts1984 will sell me his toys for what he paid for them? I'm first in line!!!!

MsChief

Marksman
    I was always told to buy low and sell high. Market value is what a buyer is willing to pay. So, if that is true...then blame all the buyers, not the sellers.

shootnstarz

Master
    Good to see so many people with a grasp of supply and demand, capitalism. I feel for those trying to acquire the tools of freedom in todays market, but like somebody said, who didn't see this coming? Isn't there a children's story about 2 tree rats, one worked hard to store enough mags and ammo for the winter, the other frolocked, played and bought booze and stereos instead, and didn't make it through he winter.

So here's my advice for the future, what would it hurt to have a supply of food/water and fuel stockpiled? Just in case a loaf of bread ever sells for $65.
    Don't think it could ever happen here?

Rick

Top Bottom