• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    People could say the same of you. How about instead of asking random people who may not have the correct answers, you dial their number and get your information directly from the source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know I have pondered this often. In this day of Google / Seri or YouTube, or what have you, why would waste time on asking a human being on an open forum that you have no idea who they may be, anything?

F4E Phantom

Expert
    Without asking the staff, I knew some knuckle heads were the cause of this. I still in the process of confirming zero on several rifles to see which one I want to qualify.

USMC0211

Expert
    I know it is the not primary subject of the thread but my 2 cents on Element.. Been a memeber for 4 years, every year they raise the membership but do add some new features and are building out new bays. 80% of the time I went there for the 1k range but it has now been closed for all weekdays for the last couple weeks and I have been told it has been "booked out" for the next several weeks and will only be open to members on weekend. You are imagine how crowded that is going to be on weekends.. Will I renew? not sure but I am taking the drive to Altus tomorrow to see if it is a better deal for us long range shooters.

timc

Expert
    I was at Element a week ago. To shoot on the 600 you have to do a 300 yard qualifier, 7 hits in 9 attempts from 200-300 yards on steel. To use the 1000 yard range you have to do the same thing on the 600. Apparently they had some dumb shits lobbing rounds over the far berm and landing on the highway, this now we have to qualify. Its not a huge deal, and I do respect trying to filter out pure morons who have no idea what they’re doing from launching 308 into the road.
    Do you know if they require you qual with each rifle you plan on shooting or just shoot the qual and be good for any of your rifles?
    I do enjoy having a membership there. Being able to shoot steel at distance is a lot of fun. And I like being able to shoot and move, draw from holster, and utilize the red bays and all they have to offer. I enjoy going during the weekdays as their usually isn’t many people there.

Themumfordman

Master
    Do you know if they require you qual with each rifle you plan on shooting or just shoot the qual and be good for any of your rifles?
    I do enjoy having a membership there. Being able to shoot steel at distance is a lot of fun. And I like being able to shoot and move, draw from holster, and utilize the red bays and all they have to offer. I enjoy going during the weekdays as their usually isn’t many people there.

It’s a one-time thing. They add the notation to your membership so you don’t have to do it again. The caveat is if you have guests come they also have to qualify.

timc

Expert
    It’s a one-time thing. They add the notation to your membership so you don’t have to do it again. The caveat is if you have guests come they also have to qualify.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. Due to work I haven’t been out there in a couple of weeks. But will start returning in about a week and a half.

Members online

Top Bottom