• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nick1224

Shooter
    Hello All!

My name is Nick and I'm looking forward to joining EGRC! I've been perusing the forum for the past few days since I met Russ and John at the expo last weekend and I already appreciate the advice and kindness of the members I've spoken to. I'm really interested in IDPA and am very excited to get started.
    I have a decent amount of experience shooting paper from 7 yards away so I'm a real sharpshooter! Haha I'm looking forward to actually shooting and getting my butt kicked and learning anything and everything I can. I'll be there nice and early this weekend to learn, help, and shoot. 2 friends of mine also plan on coming out this weekend and between the 3 of us we have more than enough gear except for rifle slings... Which leads to my questions:

1. What kind of slings are people running on their AR-15s for these 2 gun comps? Suggestions are appreciated!

2.Should the 3 of us register prior to the match on the website or just show up plenty early as it is our 1st match?

Sorry for the lengthy post but thanks in advance for the assistance. I look forward to meeting many of you on Saturday.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Welcome to the forum Nick1224! Glad to have you here!
    I plan on being there this Saturday as well, I have a new rifle I'll be breaking in.
    To answer your questions...
    1) I use a 2 point sling. I've found it easier to control the rifle in between firing and also helps hold the rifle steady to the chest when transitioned to the pistol.
    2)Y'all can pre-register on practiscore, even if you're not a idpa just put PEN (pending) in the member number slot.
    http://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?t=33862

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

nick1224

Shooter
    Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it! I'm looking forward to Saturday and the coming matches

Bones2586

Expert
    Evening nick! I use a single point sling, have a Blue Force version on one rifle and a London Bridge Trading Company bungee style on another. User preference, JWlineman is correct with regards to controlling the rifle and pistol transition, easier with a two point. Guess I'm just weird (or just challenged!).

I'd pre-register, makes the check-in process easier.

Will be a good match, lots of great folks who take the time to help each other. Best thing about the matches is people ones meet for the first time bend over backwards to help the new, first time shooters. We've all been there, so no worries! Come out and have a great time, all it takes is once and you're hooked!

Cheers!

nick1224

Shooter
    Bones I think I'm already hooked and I haven't even started. I appreciate the response and will see you on Saturday!

barebones1

Marksman
    hi nick1224. I too use a single point seems to stow my rifle in a safe direction. however I need to be aware not to put the muzzle in the dirt. ( draw back to a single point) Saturday will be fun looking forward to shooting with you

Dan1612

Master
    did you shoot today?
    I really love how those two gentlemen showed up, a father and son, expecting IDPA but jumped in head first to our two-gun shenanigans, any chance OP was one of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nick1224

Shooter
    I did shoot today and had an absolute blast! Everyone was incredibly helpful and patient. I was not part of the father and son dynamic duo but I loved shooting the 2 gun. Ended up using a single point which worked very nicely so thanks for the advice!

Dan1612

Master
    I did shoot today and had an absolute blast! Everyone was incredibly helpful and patient. I was not part of the father and son dynamic duo but I loved shooting the 2 gun. Ended up using a single point which worked very nicely so thanks for the advice!
    What squad were you in? I always think about using Russ' gracefully supplied nametags, but then I think we all know each other, and it turns out that we don't. Congrats for coming out and letting us infect you with our disease.

nick1224

Shooter
    What squad were you in? I always think about using Russ' gracefully supplied nametags, but then I think we all know each other, and it turns out that we don't. Congrats for coming out and letting us infect you with our disease.

I was in squad 4 so I luckily had Russ and John to show me the ropes. I'm hooked and will be back as often as possible

Dan1612

Master
    You were in good hands. Congrats on your first match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom