• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ls1_guru

Master
    I've seen that term also..really trying to figure out what they mean other than reloaded..

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    If you're thinking about a business like Georgia Arms, I've never had a problem with their ammo. Some may have, but I personally like them. Their .45 Colt ammo is good, and relatively speaking...cheap.

Zeroed in

Master
    Only difference between it and your reloaded ammo is they paid to sell theirs. It shoots just as good as new stuff in my guns. Get it if you can.

polebarn

Expert
    I used Black Hills blue box 69 grain Sierra for years. Ammo made on same production lines as red box new with once fired brass replacing virgin brass. Sadly they stopped making it and I only have 7 boxes left. Stuff sold for about $35 instead of $50.

FrommerStop

Master
    It just depends on the on who is doing it.

Most remanufactured ammo does not re-anneal the neck and shoulder. Makes a small difference in neck tension.
    Traditionally ammo for dangerous game has the neck annealing marks left on to show that the neck tension is right. Used to see it on .375 H&H rounds for example. Below 458 lotts has it. Such a case is less likely to get splitting in that region that one often sees on older ammumition.
    1610601672486.png

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    It just depends on the on who is doing it.

Most remanufactured ammo does not re-anneal the neck and shoulder. Makes a small difference in neck tension.
    Traditionally ammo for dangerous game has the neck anneal makes left on to show that the tension is right. Used to see no .375 H&H rounds for example. Below 458 lotts has it
    View attachment 103463
    Bigfoot don't stand a chance with that.

SAWMAN

Master
    If the brass has had a bullet seated in it in the past,it is reloaded. Even if it was pulled and not fired.
    As stated above,Black Hills was some great ammo and I have shot a bunch of it.
    I have also had no problems with Georgia Arms.
    There was a small company out west that produced reloads for our prairie dog hunts. They would drop ship it directly to our outfitter. Great ammo,still got some.
    Reputable reloading companies either produce good ammo,or are gone pretty quickly in this age of social media. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

HayesGreener

Expert
    For about 7 years I have used around 21,000 rounds of Georgia Arms pistol ammo per year in my training classes, and it has been every bit as reliable as factory ammo. I trust them to produce high quality ammo. Now if they could just get small pistol primers....

rviray

Marksman
    I've had nothing but good experiences with Freedom Munitions, Georgia Arms and a couple of other sites for reman-ammo. Don't know how many rounds, but a lot. Whatever is cheaper, I shoot. I do twitch a little when I buy a baggie of ammo from someone at a Gun-show. lol

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    all it is, is factory reloaded from once fired brass just like you do at home but in a factory line

Plinker

Marksman
    I Have one of those ammo factories set up in my Garage.! ;)

I predict that if ammo prices continue to go up, and availability continues to go down, people will gladly start buying Reloaded AMMO !

AGREE MAC!!

I’ve been making high quality ammoes for several decades.
    Good equipment and components using published data and being serious about making good safe rounds.
    Never a problem with my reloads and neither have the buddies I’ve given rounds to.

As always EVEN with factory rounds,, be on guard for a squib or click. Immediately STOP and check your weapon and bore for obstruction.

Would I sell any???? Not yet.

Would I shoot anyone else's reloads ?
    Maybe,,,if I had some history with them and felt they knew what they were doing.

Not comfortable doing it???
    THEN DON’T!!!!!

SAWMAN

Master
    LOOK FOR IT - - -> I WILL NOT be selling limited quanities of my reloads when the price is >$2.25ea. I will be giving them away and you will be giving me money for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
    ALMOST THERE !! ---- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Here you go Georgia Arms Video....Enjoy
    I stopped after the primer stunt. I have had some experience with the safety procedures and setting off a primer near a load line for munitions would not be funny. Boxer primers often have an anvil, in other words fragments can go flying. The big no no is the spark.

Top Bottom