• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    I'd like know some of y'all's favorite calibers? Why you like it? What calibers do you think will be outdated in next 10-20years?

Forgot put my favorite calibers which is 1911A1 (70series) good ole .45acp and 12ga I know I lose the range but the ammo you can make and buy such as 1B,4BB, 4buckshot, slug ,000, 00. Hell you can even throw in my favorite hog killer 2 .61 cal balls lol

Last edited:

Carl

Master
    My favorite is the .22, usually out of my trusty old 10/22 because its fun to shoot.

Outdated? The 303? I don't know..

My favorite is the .22, usually out of my trusty old 10/22 because its fun to shoot.

Outdated? The 303? I don't know..
    Good choice of caliber can never go wrong with .22 unless it shit ammo. As far as .303 is I'd like say it still be around in 10years, I know that Nepal, India and few other countries Afghanistan still use it.

I like .22 mag it is very versatile and is a jack or all trades. I think that 7.62 x 39 is another very versatile caliber. Just my .02 worth!
    I agree 7.62x 39mm can deliver some damage for sure. I think .22mag is good small game or varmint gun personally wouldn't use it for defense unless last ditch.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I think the .30 carbine is good close in anything past 150yards it ain't no good that according to my neighbor who was door Gunner in Vietnam. Can't go wrong with .22mag really enjoyed ruger's .22mag 6 shot lcr.
    they are both fun to shoot, and yes, 75 to 150 meters is about standard good shooting distance for those calibers.

Last edited:

ccc

Master
    Had a little single shot NEF .22 Hornet with a 3X9 years ago that was a freaking tack driver, and it was a blast to shoot !!!!!!

Anangrypasta

Master
    For rifles its 7.62x54R or 8x50R Lebel. Both feel really spectacularly powerful and are in fun quirky guns.

Favourite pistol is 32 ACP. Just pleasant and fun. That cartridge will probably disappear for good in the next 10-20 years.

FrommerStop

Master
    For rifles its 7.62x54R or 8x50R Lebel. Both feel really spectacularly powerful and are in fun quirky guns.

Favourite pistol is 32 ACP. Just pleasant and fun. That cartridge will probably disappear for good in the next 10-20 years.
    I think the .32 that is already more than 120 years old, will last to at least the end of this century. For its intended purpose it does the job.

Top Bottom