• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    The only snubnose that I use for snakes with shot loads and it is a cheap Rossi 5 shot 3 inch barreled gun. If I want a pocket pistol I would use a pocket 9x19 like a small ruger or keltec.
    A standard 9x19 115 gr hp will make at least 1000 fps from short barrel auto and for a snubby revolver to maybe to do that would be a 95 grain bullet without out going plus P.

95 grain winchester silver tip from 2 inch barrel is 945 and expansion is marginal. No really much different than a 380 ACP

Factory​
    2 inches​
    945 FPS​

jettjon

Expert
    My very first carry pistol was a 3" Ruger SP-101 .357. I was influenced by the endorsement of Massad Ayoob of the piece as a "pocket rocket." That was also when .357 was king due to the Martin Fackler study. Great pistol, just heavy as a brick - all stainless. Supposedly the 125g Remington SJHP had the highest "one shot stop" percentage, but I eventually graduated to a 110g hollowpoint and even shot at least one IDPA match with it. I kind of regret selling it.

Allan humm

Shooter
    Same here. I also really like the Ruger LCR. I've had 2 over the years and I tried very, very hard to like them, but shooting them felt like hitting my palm with a ball peen hammer. They went down the road to others who wanted them more than I did.

Now the prices on them seem - to me - to be ridiculous. But if I find a bargain.......

I think they are far more "environmentally durable" than a j frame or Colt.
    My 340PD is a safe queen now.
    I carry Colt Det,not great,went SW 2in and SW 19 2.5 were great.

Bodhisattva

Marksman

RackinRay

Master
    Qualified with and toted a Ruger SP-101 DAO in 357 as a back up ankle gun for some years.

Current favorite snubbie is a Ruger LCRX in 357, it has a 3" barrel and adjustable sights to better suit my aging eyeballs! LOL

Wodon20

Shooter
    I’ve got a Smith & Wesson model 360PD in .357 magnum. I have a Ergo Delta grip coming today from Amazon and interested to see how this works

5lima30ret

Master
    What is a good snub nose .22magnum? I'm kinda interested in one for a yard gun/chair gun. Any body own .22 snub nose revolver?
    I picked up a NAA Black Widow .22 mag a few months ago. It actually has better sights than most J frames. Fist sized groups at 7 yds (21 ft) are very doable! It is not really comparable to the typical tiny NAA with tiny grips and non existent sights. Good Luck!

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I carried a charter arms undercover for about 10 years, then the internet told me I was going to die if I didn't get more pews. I'd probably still be carring it. Shot well, never an issue and not cost prohibited. Nowadays the consensus is if your not carring 134 rds on a zev zero tactical legion rex prodigy black ops special with Trijicon optic and light with lazer your gonna die in a gunfight. Recently had this pop up with choosing an XDS in 45. Which i have for sale btw only because im a g30sf fan boi. I call bullshit. Shur more rounds when panic firing is great. Watch a few videos, first round, the roaches scatter. Worst case scenario I open 2 black holes and push em into it with the 45.

Last edited:

streamylc

Nobody
    GCGF Supporter
    I carried a charter arms undercover for about 10 years, then the internet told me I was going to die if I didn't get more pews. I'd probably still be carring it. Shot well, never an issue and not cost prohibited. Nowadays the consensus is if your not carring 134 rds on a zev zero tactical legion rex prodigy black ops special with Trijicon optic and light with lazer your gonna die in a gunfight. Recently had this pop up with choosing an XDS in 45. Which i have for sale btw only because im a g30sf fan boi. I call bullshit. Shur more rounds when panic firing is great. Watch a few videos, first round, the roaches scatter. Worst case scenario I open 2 black holes and push em into it with the 45.
    I regret getting rid of my charter arms snub... I think I had the "pit bull"(?)... back when people were hating on the company and I didn't yet realize how the netizen gun community was blindly tribalistic when it came to random companies.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    stainless rossi .357 with 2" barrell.... when you are out of rounds, you can beatem to death with it...

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom