• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DGladden

Marksman
    I posted a gun on both sites. In the last two days I've had three people agree to meet. When the time comes they don't show and suddenly won't respond. I have one chick trying to get me to take a check. I always try to find out about potential buyers with a quick Google search. I don't have Facebook or Twitter or whatever else people are into these days so it's not always easy to get info. Well, one guy that's interested seems to be trying a little too hard. I Googled him and found his Google+ page. He had all kinds of anarchist shit posted and his profile pic is him wearing one of those "Anonymous" masks! I'm about ready to just put the gun in the back of the safe. Maybe give it to my little sister. Sorry, just needed to vent.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I have always had pretty good luck w Armslist but then I am tough with them from the start

DGladden

Marksman
    I'm a pretty laid back guy. I usually lay out when I'm available and how far I'm willing to travel and let them decide what works best. Maybe that's my problem. LoL

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Don't be sorry there's even flaky on Facebook and you can read just about everything in their life. Just sayin

DGladden

Marksman
    Here is a text I got today from the anarchist flake. His name is Curtis and he couldn't even spell it right!

"u still looking 2 sell the 357 im spoz 2 be going 2 familys for dinner and would like 2 have it b4 then cutis"

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    That's actually how people talk these days, it's pretty sad.

Ric-san

Master
    I don't think I'd even sell ammo to that unique snowflake...

DGladden

Marksman
    If anyone is interested in looking him up, PM me for his full name.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

I've pretty much decided I won't be doing any gun buying or selling with anyone I don't know personally or at least can't get a thumbs up from someone I know and trust. I know sometimes a guy has to sell something due to a financial crunch but it's not worth it on so many levels. I have a "friend", an old buddy from way back 20 years ago that is always trying to do gun deals with me that I just don't feel comfortable with. He's a good guy in so many ways but he thinks he's smarter than law enforcement. It's pretty much ruined our friendship because he showed up with cash for something I wanted to sell and I wouldn't let him have it.

I'll sell something for half price to a known entity rather than get what I want from someone I don't know or trust.

As for the way that guy posted and his writing "skills": I know that's the way it is nowadays with texting shorthand but I admit it irritates me too.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    There a freaks everywhere. We're lucky to have a place here where good buyers and sellers are vetted. I sold a highly collectable Winchester on Gunbroker for about 75% of what I thought the rifle should have brought. I packed it nice and tight and sent it on. The buyer first told me that the rifle had been altered. Then told me that he had a gunsmith that would fix it for $400. and would I refund that... no.. I wouldn't ... Long story, short, he gave me bad feedback, lied about our
    communication and tried to have me banned from gunbroker. So dealing with nationwide or internet sales/auctions can have it's pitfalls.

Seanpcola

Yep, this too. I've bought and sold hundreds of RC airplanes and equipment on national forums so I know the bullshit that people pull. Since firearms have certain legal aspects added to the deal I'm just not going to screw with it.

Welldoya

Master
    There are tons of scams and flakes on FGT.
    A few years ago I posted a Remington Nylon .22 for something like $300.
    I was going to Orlando in about a week so I posted that I could deliver down there.
    Within a few hours I got an email from a guy who said he wanted it.
    Then over the course of the next week I got an email everyday asking different questions about it.
    I started to realize he was the wishy-washy type which made me nervous.
    The day I left for Orlando, I was about 2 miles from the house and got a call from the guy.
    He said he decided it wasn't worth what I was asking and would I take $175.
    I hung up on him.

Ryan

Master
    After people Calling/Texting me at 12:30am-3am or calling 5 times in a row I decided to just do email only. Usually I don't waste my time with email and usually serious people will call. Have had numerous underage kids (just search their info online/facebook).

jakec

Master
    Here is a text I got today from the anarchist flake. His name is Curtis and he couldn't even spell it right!

"u still looking 2 sell the 357 im spoz 2 be going 2 familys for dinner and would like 2 have it b4 then cutis"
    Curtis sounds like a 13 year old wannabe rapper chick. I cant stand when people text or talk like that.

Clay

Master
    Curtis sounds like a 13 year old wannabe rapper chick. I cant stand when people text or talk like that.

I'm amazed at how many guys under 30 talk/text/email like this. It's some wannabe-ghetto-trash shorthand or dork-code.

Richard J.

Expert
    Quite a few years ago I sold a single barrel youth shotgun to a friend for his son. About two or three years later I got a call from a female Detective in Pittsburgh telling me they had my gun there and did I want to pick it up or would I like them to bring it to me. Told her it wasn't mine anymore. She kept trying to get me to take it. Seems that somewhere someone cut the barrel of and it was involved in a bank robbery in Pittsburgh. She informed me that if I would have touched the gun she would have arrested me for it. Then I told her what I thought of her. All the crime in that city and she wanted to drive 110 miles to try and make a case. She called me later to tell me they traced the gun to the person that cut it off. I even contacted the state police over her and they said there was nothing they would do. Now I sell no weapons. When I am tired of them I give them to my children and grandchildren. Just not worth it to me.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit

My real name is "Cutis" when can i get that 3fitty7

Welldoya

Master
    Quite a few years ago I sold a single barrel youth shotgun to a friend for his son. About two or three years later I got a call from a female Detective in Pittsburgh telling me they had my gun there and did I want to pick it up or would I like them to bring it to me. Told her it wasn't mine anymore. She kept trying to get me to take it. Seems that somewhere someone cut the barrel of and it was involved in a bank robbery in Pittsburgh. She informed me that if I would have touched the gun she would have arrested me for it. Then I told her what I thought of her. All the crime in that city and she wanted to drive 110 miles to try and make a case. She called me later to tell me they traced the gun to the person that cut it off. I even contacted the state police over her and they said there was nothing they would do. Now I sell no weapons. When I am tired of them I give them to my children and grandchildren. Just not worth it to me.

Dang, that's pretty cheesy. Seems like she just wanted to arrest SOMEBODY, whether it was the right person or not. Good thing you didn't take the bait.

Va boy

Marksman
    Richard J., this is why I like receipts. Not necessary here, but I Like'em. There are flakes on every sale forum from Craigs, to e-Bay, Armslist, whatever. Comes with the territory. I let them know to e-mail me with a phone #. No #, no response back, the price is firm once we decided on it, I don't hold anything for even a single day if another buyer comes along. Been burnt before. I'm trying to sell something. If a person don't have the money now he won't have it in a few days generally. I have had no problems with any GCGF member transaction.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom