• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ewgannaway

Expert
    I'm really surprised there isn't more traffic on this one! It is horrendously comprehensive regarding what will be banned if passed. Excerpt from GOA site:

SB 370 bans the sale of a lengthy list of semi-automatic firearms – guns that are mislabeled as “Assault Weapons.” It also bans the sale of similar firearms that have design features that Sen. Farmer finds objectionable such as pistol grips, threaded barrels, and folding and “telescoping stocks” – as well as, the parts to assemble semi-automatic firearms.

An anti-gun attorney general will surely interpret the ban on the sale of parts to mean that a person could not even keep spare parts on hand to repair a firearm that they already own.

SB 370 also bans the sale of certain defined semi-automatic handguns and includes broad, far reaching language which specifically includes .22 caliber rimfire weapons.

Finally, SB 370 labels magazines which hold more than 10 cartridges as a “Large Capacity Magazine” and bans those as well.

If you already own one of the enumerated firearms that Sen. Farmer will allow you to keep, you will be able to do so, but only if you comply with several conditions.

First, you can never sell the firearm to another Florida resident, and you can only keep it if you apply for – and receive a “CERTIFICATE OF POSSESSION OF ASSAULT WEAPON.” A gun owner will need a separate “CERTIFICATE OF POSSESSION OF ASSAULT WEAPON” for each firearm and magazine.

Verbiage in the bill states that firearms that CAN ACCEPT and magazine that holds more than 10 rounds will be banned. This isn't just going after the "scary" firearms - it applies to ALL firearms that CAN ACCEPT a >10 round magazine. There goes your 1911s, your Ruger Mark series, your Brown HiPowers, your 10/22s...basically anything that has a removable magazine because it CAN ACCEPT a "large capacity magazine".

Joking aside, I’m expecting something like this from the federal level, so why is he even bothering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    So you apply for a certificate of possession which allows you to be grandfathered in, then something is passed on the federal level requiring everybody to turn them in and they know who’s door to knock on.
    Adolph Hitler would be proud.

Raven

Master
    Nope. Use their own language against them. Feel "triggered". Me, I feel froggy. Who's ready to jump? Get debt free, make a last will, maybe some power of attorneys if you have a family member you trust to run things while you're in prison after not complying. As far as I'm concerned, the government can have it all. I'm not going to prison. If they come knocking, I'll live to fight another day, because I'm not going to have anything illegal. Senior Drill Instructor said my job is to NOT die for my country, but to make some enemy combatants pay for theirs. He also said the unconventional fighter never ever goes toe to toe against a vastly superior conventional fighting force. Twenty years ago as a teenager and barely 18, it never occurred to me that one day I might be on the other side of that equation in my own USA

Last edited:

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    I think one of biggest complaints is how much money people have tied up in the weapons that the politicians wish to call "Assault Weapons" and "Machine Guns". Does anyone really think the government is going to give you/us the $800.00 or more our AKs or ARs are worth?

We'll get $200.00 if we're lucky.........

The question I have, that I didn't see an answer to in the bill. What woukd it cost us to get the permit/license to keep our AKs/ARs if this passed?

Raven

Master
    I predict it wont pass, but if it does, I predict a lot of Florida residents will just go get an out of state storage unit. Maybe buy a cheap half acre out of state
    Screenshot_20210119-012226_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210119-012401_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    I think one of biggest complaints is how much money people have tied up in the weapons that the politicians wish to call "Assault Weapons" and "Machine Guns". Does anyone really think the government is going to give you/us the $800.00 or more our AKs or ARs are worth?

We'll get $200.00 if we're lucky.........

The question I have, that I didn't see an answer to in the bill. What woukd it cost us to get the permit/license to keep our AKs/ARs if this passed?
    I heard something interesting somewhere else last time something like this was tried. It might be easier to keep something that is Class 3, because the Federally registered items are already considered beaten by the libtards, so any new legislation will probably not include the Class 3 items in the bill

Raven

Master
    Another way around it is to become an at-home FFL. If going that route, I'd like to be a Class 3 FFL and have a few of them 90% discounted Class3 dealer-only samples. The gov can come on in and inspect anything they want any time they want and that's just fine by me because I'll be a squeaky clean Class3 FFL

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Another way around it is to become an at-home FFL. If going that route, I'd like to be a Class 3 FFL and have a few of them 90% discounted Class3 dealer-only samples. The gov can come on in and inspect anything they want any time they want and that's just fine by me because I'll be a squeaky clean Class3 FFL
    Do you have to be active with transfers to keep your status? I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue. I'd transfer for free if it kept me my weapons lol.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    So you apply for a certificate of possession which allows you to be grandfathered in, then something is passed on the federal level requiring everybody to turn them in and they know who’s door to knock on.
    Adolph Hitler would be proud.
    My thoughts.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom