• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • srbimmi

Shooter
    Oh yeah, and the supervised public ranges don't let you shoot steel, draw from a holster, rapid fire etc.
    Gotta join a gun club that has all of that or shoot comp. Or you can go to Ocala but man that range is not a safe place.
    So public gun ranges are out of question then. I'll find a gun club near me.
    What about shooting on blm land? Is there such a thing here?

Raven

Master
    This state is dog friendly my friend. Buy all the ammo you want and, keep FL red and enjoy your newfound freedom.
    I transplanted a long time ago myself from NY. I'll protect this state with my life.
    Yep New York sucks. I've been all thru New England, and New York was the worst by far

Raven

Master
    So public gun ranges are out of question then. I'll find a gun club near me.
    What about shooting on blm land? Is there such a thing here?
    Get a buddy with some pasture land, a clay pit or property that backs up to the state tree farm

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter

44Ruger

Expert
    Fun fact #14. Less than 40% of all Florida residents were born in Florida so welcome to your new home state alongside us 60%ers of transplants! I had a bunch more "gun rights" in Kansas but the weather is nice here. And NO STATE INCOME TAX and overall lower taxes.

Fun fact #15. For all those praising open carry. It's good but the last time I checked it's still illegal to open carry within 1,000 feet of any school property because of the Gun Free Zone Act of 1990 so a CC is the way to go, here or in FL Bama. Try driving through any town in Bama and not be within 1,000 of a "school property".

State licensed individuals are allowed to carry (concealed) within a gun free zone usually. A CCW is a state license and valid where states reciprocate.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Don't think tracer ammo is illegal, but from personal experience I can testify that it does set fires :eek: . I would recommend only shooting them after a heavy rain. Tracer ammo is how I found out that shooting into water is not like the movies where you see the guy under water and the bullets go zinging by him leaving a trail of bubbles, they actually bounce off it as if it were a steel plate. Depends on the angle of course, but if your say standing on the edge of the water the angle is shallow enough that they definitely will bounce off it. Famous case where a fisherman shot at a shark and the bullet ricocheted off the water and killed a lady driving by on the road that bordered the ocean. Took them forever to solve the case it was so random.

SGR357

Shooter
    Statute in question... Title XLVI Chapter 790.31

I know a lot of ranges don't want it used on their property, but I don't see it in the Florida laws.
    They call out Flechette shells, Dragons Breath, Bolo, and exploding bullets.

If you know of another applicable law, let me know. I'm not a lawyer. :)
    I recommend new gun owners or new to FL gun owners read the entire chapter 790.

5lima30ret

Master
    When I was stationed at Hurlburt Field I know I started a couple fires on Range Alpha 78 with tracers in the Minigun and .50 BMG. :oops:

72sofsme

Expert
    Statute in question... Title XLVI Chapter 790.31

I know a lot of ranges don't want it used on their property, but I don't see it in the Florida laws.
    They call out Flechette shells, Dragons Breath, Bolo, and exploding bullets.

If you know of another applicable law, let me know. I'm not a lawyer. :)
    It was from a GUNBOARDS Post back in 2014 that mentioned it, however my qualifying statement was "I believe". I have searched this and apparently Tracer is considered "explosive" by ATF and banned from sale/transfer/use... but have not found any information or factual regulation to back an article that I just read about to back this statement up. But then again, it is the ATF and they "do what they want". Thank you for posting that bit of information about FL Laws, I am not interested in tracer by any stretch but its good to know for sure. The only thing that is interesting to me are accurate rifles ... LOL. Cheers

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    It was from a GUNBOARDS Post back in 2014 that mentioned it, however my qualifying statement was "I believe". I have searched this and apparently Tracer is considered "explosive" by ATF and banned from sale/transfer/use... but have not found any information or factual regulation to back an article that I just read about to back this statement up. But then again, it is the ATF and they "do what they want". Thank you for posting that bit of information about FL Laws, I am not interested in tracer by any stretch but its good to know for sure. The only thing that is interesting to me are accurate rifles ... LOL. Cheers
    Naw, you’re good. I’m always wondering what new infringements I’m not aware of yet.

Also, I’m selling some tracers in the ammo section and you had me worried for a second!

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Way off topic here but not all "tracer" ammo is incendiary. I bought some ammo a while back called Streak. It's not incendiary and sold at Rural King.

A pic from YT (not me).

View attachment 199867
    I have seen that stuff listed before - How did you like it? I couldn't tell if it was a gimmick or would actually be cool to use.

44Ruger

Expert
    I have seen that stuff listed before - How did you like it? I couldn't tell if it was a gimmick or would actually be cool to use.
    It was the only ammo available for the gun I bought that day and it went phew. Mostly gimmick with a small red tail.

Top Bottom