• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

TraderDan

Master
    SOLD SOLD SOLD LOCK IT UP Thank YOU

Location Pensacola 9 mile road area

Contact Info PM or call Danny 380-6651

Price $200

Item Description Old S&W revolver mod 10 , 38 spl with 5" barrel, all blueing is gone, ans some pitting , shoots good , good truck / boat gun

Attachments

• Picture 751.jpg
      Picture 751.jpg
      70.2 KB · Views: 294
    • Picture 752.jpg
      Picture 752.jpg
      70.9 KB · Views: 289
    • Picture 753.jpg
      Picture 753.jpg
      54.6 KB · Views: 289
    • Picture 754.jpg
      Picture 754.jpg
      66.6 KB · Views: 289
    • Picture 755.jpg
      Picture 755.jpg
      62.2 KB · Views: 288
    Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Dan, what time does your store close ? I would like to come by after work and take a look at it.

If it is good mechanically, I'll take it.

robb

Expert
    hey dan ill take it pending inspection if it falls through

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    If that had the lanyard ring on it it would be gone by now. Sweet Classic Bonnie and Clyde

Bonnie and Clyde hell, I carried one of them in the USAF in the early 70s when we carried ICBM targeting tapes.

wildrider666

Master
    No S&W Model number dates it prior to 1957 when they started using model numbers. Prior to that the model 10 was listed as Military and Police model and the .38 hand ejector. If you can not read a number in the crane area: rub the area with chalk and it may be readable. If no serial number prior to the prefix it was made before 1940. The mushroom head ejector rod makes me think it is an 1905-1920 gun. You will also hear about a cylinders not being heat treated. True but it would not stop me from buying or firing one with the correct load (at time of MFG). Bonnie, Clyde (and JohnAl, Lol) time frame. I flew with one in the Corps and carried a Mdl 10 untill replaced by G22 in my Dept.

Welldoya

Master
    I was wanting this to carry in the truck. This gun is capable of shooting modern ammo isn't it as long as it's not +P ?
    Dan, have you shot this gun with modern ammo ?

wildrider666

Master
    SAMMI Mean Vel fro 15 inch barrel reflects 750-900 for a 158 grain .38 Spl. much less can be expected from a 6 inch or less. Max average pressure is only 170. TD said shoots good! I'll let you fellas kick it around.

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    SAMMI Mean Vel fro 15 inch barrel reflects 750-900 for a 158 grain .39 Spl. much less can be expected from a 6 inch or less. Max average pressure is only 170. TD said shoots good! I'll let you fellas kick it around.

So are you saying with a max pressure of 170, it should be fine to shoot modern ammo ? I usually shoot the lower grain like 125 I think. Any problems there ?

wildrider666

Master
    So are you saying with a max pressure of 170, it should be fine to shoot modern ammo ? I usually shoot the lower grain like 125 I think. Any problems there ?

A 158 grain bullet was the orig weight bullet when the M&P changed to the 38 SPL. Me; If I did not note any defect upon inspection and the lockup was good: I WOULD SHOOT IT. BUT Only you can make that call for yourself. TD say's its a good shooter. He got that from shooting it of from someone who had. Have him demo or have it inspected by proof fired by a Gunsmith. I've seen firearms over 150 years old fire and do great and modern guns fail with normal factory loads.
    I would think if it was gonna blow it would have done it decades ago as the modern loading has been around 100 years.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Yep If lockup is good and the cylinder gap is not too big, then shoot the heck out of it.

FowlHunter13

Master
    I got to see this gun yesterday. It is not super pretty to look at, but seems mechanically sound with a decent lock up. If I had brought an extra $200 with me yesterday, I would probably own it. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot the heck out of it. GLWS.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom