• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • streamylc

Nobody
    GCGF Supporter
    I'm looking for some confirmation to make me feel better, lol.

Is it just me, or do a ton a people ghost anyone else when it comes to the for sale section of this forum?

I used to not mind it because it was random.... but two in a row seems to have me more irritated than usual and it plain just seems to be happening a lot more lately, in general, lol.

And to b*tch on top of my b*tching, it also sucks that people don't leave feedback after a sale/trade..... sucks.... only reason I bring that up is because I wonder if people ghost me because I don't have enough seller/buyer feedback (or whatever).

Sorry.... I hate complaining like this.... but its a bummer when you get excited about new parts/firearms.... I feel led on & teased this week, lol

Again, just hoping to find out that it's maybe not just me.

RackinRay

Master
    It is NOT just you. Ghosting is more common than it has ever been here.

Just walk it off, and remember who it was so you can refuse to deal them.

If a review is important to you, ask the person you deal with to post one up! I believe a lot of folks want to stay as low on the radar as possible. Not me, I am too old and set in my ways to GAF! Lol

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    not to make any excuses but life happens. we all have day to day stuff and issues do come up. take notes and put them on a "do not deal" list. theres an inner circle on here of core members that know who to deal with and who to pass on. start keeping track of members that have lots of feedback and that are regulars in the classies... we got yer back!

IronBeard

Master
    Ghosting and/or delayed/no response is a fact of life. If I don't hear back from someone in a day/two, item is still for sale.

As far as feedback, I'm not hung up on it, and don't/won't offer an item(s) for sale just to earn an internet reputation. Whether I agree or not with a transaction, if the seller and buyer are satisfied, that's all that all that really counts, IMO.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    As a buyer I find that keeping expectations low saves me heartache in the end. After all this is the internet and people on the internet are sketchy. I will not let myself fall in love with an item at first sight. Tap the brakes, make sure it’s not a scam, and stay patient for the right deal.
    As a seller I know as soon as I make a post that it’s not going to go as planned. Someone will through a wrench into your thread every time. It usually takes a few tries to make a sell. Post like “I will take it” do not put money in my pocket. Hang in there, try to stay positive. Don’t let everyone else’s problems become yours

streamylc

Nobody
    GCGF Supporter
    As a buyer I find that keeping expectations low saves me heartache in the end. After all this is the internet and people on the internet are sketchy. I will not let myself fall in love with an item at first sight. Tap the brakes, make sure it’s not a scam, and stay patient for the right deal.
    As a seller I know as soon as I make a post that it’s not going to go as planned. Someone will through a wrench into your thread every time. It usually takes a few tries to make a sell. Post like “I will take it” do not put money in my pocket. Hang in there, try to stay positive. Don’t let everyone else’s problems become yours
    ..... Dad? ❤️
    (I appreciate this "words of the wise on multiple levels, my friend)
    I feel like one of my "flaws" in life is being ignorantly optimistic, lol.
    I.e.- I wear myself on my sleeve way more than I ought a lot of times. You'd think me working customer service would've taught me this over the past few years.... thick head, I guess.

streamylc

Nobody
    GCGF Supporter
    Ghosting and/or delayed/no response is a fact of life. If I don't hear back from someone in a day/two, item is still for sale.

As far as feedback, I'm not hung up on it, and don't/won't offer an item(s) for sale just to earn an internet reputation. Whether I agree or not with a transaction, if the seller and buyer are satisfied, that's all that all that really counts, IMO.

I feel what your saying.... normally would never care about feedback, but my paranoid self was thinking maybe people ghost because I'm not "visually established" on the forum. (You know what I mean?)

And I totally feel the life happens aspect, just crazy when there's no response whatsoever after (what turns into) a few weeks.... its like "wtf was the point in even posting your stuff?"

And again, normally would care, but it sucks when you miss out on items because of giving the benefit of a doubt.

I appreciate your feedback ❤️

streamylc

Nobody
    GCGF Supporter
    I’ve been ghosted twice in the last few weeks.
    I’ve got a list of people I won’t answer if they inquire about something I’ve got for sale.
    No explanation. I just won’t answer.
    Is it just me or does it seem like it's more common as of late?
    I feel like a year or two ago, the classifieds on here were the best thing since sliced bread.... reliable, making new friends left and right, etc... now it's almost got a "bot" vibe

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this forum... even though indont comment/post too often (my activity is 90% in PMs)

streamylc

Nobody
    GCGF Supporter
    I really appreciate all the responses here beyond words, you guys ❤️..... wanting to just get fed up, and be like #@$% this site.... but quickly reminded of what got me on here years ago in the first place.... this truly is an amazing community resource on multiple fronts (irregardless of complaints)
    Thanks to all those who actually moderate, manage, and make it happen in general ❤️

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I feel what your saying.... normally would never care about feedback, but my paranoid self was thinking maybe people ghost because I'm not "visually established" on the forum. (You know what I mean?)
    While that's one thing I check, I normally also look to see what other types of posts people are making. If it's 15 other comments on 15 other threads saying "do you have this?" or something similar..... Well, I haven't had good luck with them being anything other than a tire kicker.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    While that's one thing I check, I normally also look to see what other types of posts people are making. If it's 15 other comments on 15 other threads saying "do you have this?" or something similar..... Well, I haven't had good luck with them being anything other than a tire kicker.
    These guys post,
    "Did it sell?"
    "Still for sale?"
    "I'll buy it right now" (after someone already posted "I'll take it" or the seller listed it pending.)
    Those guys don't buy a thing.

Gaterbaitii

Marksman
    I haven’t been ghosted on a deal that has been agreed upon. However, I can’t count how many times I’ve been ghosted via PM’s with newly established members

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    I haven't done many transactions here recently, but I've had many successful deals since joining and have met some fine folks. There were a couple of times that I was simply unable to get meetups coordinated, but once agreed upon I have never been ghosted (knock wood).

Latest posts

Top Bottom