• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I think it would take getting use to for sure.

The reliability issue is a real problem. That puts the system into the gimmick category for me. I like the concept. Maybe they will improve it in the future?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Welcome Brian, seems you are everywhere! I agree they have some working out to do, OR the guy was misusing it as it was intended?

Hello Mr. Frank! Clifford, you know, suggested the site to me.

I had a lower that developed a sear problem that fired on the pull and on the release. Had I known it could be legal, I might have kept it, LOL. Just kidding as there are obviously safety issues with a gun that fires when it isn't supposed to do so. However, I liked the concept and was told it was definitely illegal. Now Franklin has this. I could see some real benefits if the hammer wouldn't drop on a live round without firing. That is odd.

I had read about this new system, but had not seen the video. Thanks for posting!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Got it, I put he and the owner of the forum together to see if they could work out a sponsor arrangement. Yeah you go too fast and it hangs, they either need to limit the speed allowed or fix the over run issue. My home defense 8.5" barrel 6.8 would be great to have this on, a double tap every shot instead of dumping a mag seems reasonable

Dan1612

Master
    Mag dumps are overrated, even real full auto has very limited application, and I can double tap just fine, so I'll pass. Innovation is always good though.
    JMO, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Gov says in part:
    "(b) Machinegun

The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."

I'm not sure how they interpret "single function of the trigger". Is it just pull hold and only one round fires its good to go or is it the cycle pull fire then hold at reset or full release of all pressure. Seems inovation has AGAIN trumped definitions! Just remember the Atkins Accelerator was approved, tech opinion changed then reclassified as a machiegun (part), mandated recall and bankruptcy for the inventor even after Court challanges.

Burst has more practical application then running full auto on a individuals firearm. Only the platform used and their training level will make full auto anything other then a Loco lever IMHO.

Since the ATF likes making thing up as they go and have moved from technical mechanical restrictions to include "how you use a item" (Sig Brace), maybe they will start providing rate of fire limits.

TK5o

Master
    I like this idea. Im not sold on a full auto gun either, I have always thought a 3 round burst was more practical. I would like a bit more reliability out of this trigger. But if the forum can work a deal, I would definitely take a much closer look. But I also think $400 is way too steep imo.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    true wildrider so get it now while you can...lol. There are no problems other than pulling the trigger too fast, slow down and it runs 100%..excellent for cover fire or those last minutes prior to being over run...lol

The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."

As I understand it, the press is one function and the gun fires. The release is a 2nd function and the gun fires.

SAWMAN

Master
    When I first started working on AR triggers I had this happen several times. I used to call it doubling. It is quite easily induced into the system using the normal parts. It is simply a matter of working them(cutting them down)too much so the disconnector,hammer,and trigger does not function properly.

The hammer is released when the trigger comes to the rear and again when it moves ever so slightly back forward. The first time this happened to me is was with a 24" Bushmaster chambered in 223Rem with a JP Recoil Eliminator installed. The shots were so close together that they were not noticed until I dropped the mag and noticed how many rds were missing. This gun would put both of these bullets within 1 inch of each other at 50yds.

This was illegal even back then. --- SAWMAN

Blindeye

Shooter
    My recommendation is to hold off on the Franklin unit.

Fostech has the exact same thing coming to market in April/May, and they actually hold the patent for it (I'm not raising that as an issue, only that they've been working on this project for about 3 years).

The problem with the Franklin Armory unit is the trigger pull: the lowest I've seen anyone record is 12 lbs, and several people have recorded 20 lbs.

The Fostech unit is 5 lbs. Now granted, that's not one of the very good commercial 3 lb. units, but it's respectable. 12 lbs + on the other hand is ridiculous.

Garrett

B52

Master
    The trigger pull was my question. Anything over 3 lbs is useless. My full auto AR has a 3 lb pull. I will wait for the Fostech.

Top Bottom