• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Chaos

Marksman
    FS-Barrett REC7 6.8 SPC II Milton, FL

Like new in box, Barrett REC7 SPC II 6.8

The name speaks for itself. I purchased this gun new at Tradewinds in 2012 and have shot a couple of hundred rounds through it. Currently sighted in a 100 yds. with the Truglow red dot sight. This is one sweet shooting machine! This is my third 6.8 and by far the nicest! 1700.00 Cash, will consider trades of equal value, pistols, rifles (BAR's, Mini 14 6.8 spc or Mini 30's), not interested in shotguns or AR style rifles, have enough of those. Trades plus cash welcome. Had this sold to a buddy of mine back in february but he just never could come up with the cash so here it is again.

Specifications:
    Model: Barrett REC7
    Rifling Twist: 1 in 10” 6.8 SPC II
    Caliber: 6.8 SPC
    Rifle Weight: 7.62 lbs (3.5 kg) with 16" barrel
    Rifle Operation: Piston-Operated, Semi-Automatic
    Safety: Manual Thumb Lever
    Overall Length: 33.38" (84.77 cm) with 16" barrel
    Magazine: True 30-Round Capacity
    Caliber: 6.8
    Weight: 7.62 lbs
    Rifle Overall Length: 33.38"
    Action: Semi-Automatic
    Trigger: 7 lbs.
    Safety: Manual thumb lever
    Rifle Barrel Length: 16"
    Rifle Barrel Twist: 10"
    Chrome lined barrel and gas block
    Scope Mount: 0 MOA Picatinny Rail
    Rock River elite operator stock
    Truglo tru-brite open red dot sight
    REC7 arms sir hand guard
    1-30 rd mag
    2-5 shot mags
    Hogue grip
    Picatinny riser
    Three point sling
    Original manufactures gun Box
    This not the Gen II model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhUuKhrO6Us&feature=player_embedded

Updated information on the SPEC I or II chambers from Barrett.....

Re: Rec7 SPEC I and SPEC II Chambers.by Barrett Sales » Mon 25 Nov, 2013 9:54 am

All Rec7's have SPC II Chambers.
    Thread pitch form barrel nut to receiver is 1 1/4-18 TPI
    Thread pitch on the muzzle brake depends on which muzzle device was installed at the factory at the time:
    Thread pitch from muzzle brake to barrel muzzle is 1/2-28 TPI with an A2 flash hider
    Thread pitch from muzzle brake to barrel muzzle is 5/8-24 TPI with a M468 muzzle brake
    Hope this helps.

Pm if interested…Chaos

Attachments

• 6.8 SPC 039.JPG
      6.8 SPC 039.JPG
      53.3 KB · Views: 760
    • 6.8 SPC 041.JPG
      6.8 SPC 041.JPG
      59.4 KB · Views: 753
    • 6.8 SPC 044.jpg
      6.8 SPC 044.jpg
      253.4 KB · Views: 751
    • 6.8 SPC 047.JPG
      6.8 SPC 047.JPG
      46.4 KB · Views: 753
    • 6.8 SPC 049.JPG
      6.8 SPC 049.JPG
      49.9 KB · Views: 751
    Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Chaos, is that a SPC or SPCII spec barrel? I see what is says, just curious

Chaos

Marksman
    Frank it is the SPC first generation REC7, I don't think the deer or the bad guys will know the difference or miss the 30 FPS. Lol

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    You are right, will be just fine for what we use them for, out of the 1000 rds of 6.8 I stock only 1 box should not be fired in it..GLWS

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Well we could, I think it is mostly hype but it would add some excitement to the shoot!

Chaos

Marksman
    Bump with updated Information, FrankT had me thinking about the SPEC I or II chambering so i added the new information to the Op. SPC II

SAWMAN

Master
    Mark, if I were a potential buyer,the SPC vs SPCII thing would not influence my decision one freaking little bit. The whole thing has been hyped up over at 6.8 so as to get people thinking the II chamber and or complete gun,is so much better. Ain't true IMO.

If you load somewhere on the edge between book hot/max and blown primers it could possibly make a small difference. HOWEVER ... this is not the norm. I have shot three different SSA TAC loads out of my Ruger Mini-14 chambered in 6.8SPC. NOT the holy grail SPCII. It has had no effect on the gun whatsoever. The gun does not even have a Buffer Tech recoil buffer in it. It is no more accurate than the mild loads but does have some extra felt recoil and muzzle blast.

Personally,I do not even believe that a well put together gun in 6.8SPCII would be more accurate than a like gun in 6.8SPC,all else being equal. ESPECIALLY in a 16" and under gun and especially in a SBR/pistol configuration.

Best of luck with your sale. You got a absolutely fine gun there sir. Someone will be getting the equivalent of Wilson Combat or LWRC gun at a fraction of the cost. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    I could only find Gen II specs on the Internet, so I have a couple of questions please.

What muzzle device is on it (pic of muzzle not shown, and the muzzle thread size depend upon what device was factory installed)?

Is the gas system adjustable? I.e., Gen II has a suppressor setting and a normal setting, but I couldn't find Gen I specs.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer

Chaos

Marksman
    Press Release From Barrett®

Announcing the New REC7 in 5.56 NATO and 6.8 SPC

(Murfreesboro, TN) Barrett, a company world known for providing high-end firearms, optics, ammunition and training announces the newest improvements and additions to the respected REC7 piston-operated rifle line. The REC7 rifle continues to impress with its enhanced-reliability, accuracy, and durability.

Barrett continues to expand this product line by adding the popular 5.56 NATO cartridge to the lineup. The much anticipated addition has caught the attention of many law enforcement customers. Many improvements have been made to the REC7 line, with many new enhancements included. The most visual changes are the Daniel Defense free-float rail system and Magpul® MOE® 6-position stock.

The Barrett Enhanced Piston Bolt is made from nickel Teflon coated 9310 steel, along with the new extractor increase durability. Each bolt is proofed and magnetic-particle tested to guarantee reliable performance. Machined from 8620 steel, the nickel-Teflon® coated anti-tilt bolt carrier features an integral piston strike face.

The patented chrome –lined, forward venting, fluted gas block increases reliability by eliminating carbon buildup in the gas cylinder. The 17-4 stainless piston is the strongest on the market, and is easily accessed for cleaning without removing the handguard. The two-position (suppressed/unsuppressed), nitride finish gas plug is corrosion resistant and easily manipulated with gloves. The gas block acts as an extended rail, providing ample space for mounting optics and accessories.

The REC7 rifle’s forged 7075 aluminum upper and lower receivers are type 3 hardcoat anodized. The lower houses a dependable mil-spec single stage trigger. The Magpul® enhanced trigger guard allows easy access to the trigger in cold weather or with tactical gloves. The upper supports a free-floating, 16 inch hammer-forged, chrome-lined barrel with M4 feed ramps machined into both the receiver and the barrel extension. Each barrel is proofed and magnetic particle tested for quality assurance. A mil-spec A2 flash hider protects the muzzle.

The REC7 rifles now includes two 30-round magazines, either Magpul® PMAG® 5.56 NATO or Barrett 6.8, 3 rail covers, and tactical soft case. A right-hand, single –point Burnsed sling loop is angled for charging handle clearance.

Barrett is a family owned and operated company specializing in high performance rifle systems and accessories. Barrett manufactures rifles, ammunition, optics and other related accessories for civilian sport shooters, law enforcement agencies, the United States military and over 63 foreign allied militaries worldwide.
    Tim Mulverhill Offline

Mine is the first edition, it came with a box and a manual...which I have, A2 flash hider...Doesn't have the suppressed/unsuppressed gas option

Barrett Firearms Posts: 19Joined: Wed 17 Jun, 2009 3:41 pm

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom