• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    What ever happened to the full-size, 5 inch barrel, single stack 9mm PARA?
    Germany still offers US a couple, but in home grown American not much more than 1911's.

But after a renaissance day at the range (working that Old D/A-S/A Trigger finger) the 1911 in 9mm still rates as the best single stack 9mm. JMHO.

Anyone still have or still shoot a 5 inch barreled, full-size single stack 9mm?

MAXman

Master
    3 3/4” barrel and I’d call it a midsized, so sorta.

Attachments

• 9470D5F3-3A01-4D7F-9E0A-754ABACEAEF2.jpeg
      9470D5F3-3A01-4D7F-9E0A-754ABACEAEF2.jpeg
      126.7 KB · Views: 85

Emcm2

Master
    Don’t know if Beretta 92 models fit into this but I love mine and shoot them any chance I get notice I said them I own 4 different models

Raven

Master
    I almost bought a single stack Beretta last year. It was at a pawn shop in Marianna for like $200. Almost. The bakelite was cracked or else I would have. I should have. Every Beretta M9 enthusiast should have one of these Beretta single stacks.
    Screenshot_20220307-014809_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-014833_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Zastava USA says they are still bringing in the M70AA, which is pretty close to what you're asking for. However, there haven't been any available for dealers to buy for a while.

I used to have and shoot one of the Zastava M88a handguns. I liked it, but no longer have it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 07-57-06 Pistol M70AA H709BL – Zastava Arms USA.png
      Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 07-57-06 Pistol M70AA H709BL – Zastava Arms USA.png
      307.7 KB · Views: 80

ls1_guru

Master
    Don’t know if Beretta 92 models fit into this but I love mine and shoot them any chance I get notice I said them I own 4 different models
    They do, as well as the Glock 17. FN has one, Canik, H&K.

Definitely not something that has "disappeared"..

Last edited:

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    They make a single stack Glock 17? Amazing, you'll have to point it out to me some time. /sarcasm

Joking aside I think you missed one of the OP's requirements.

MAXman

Master
    I mean, it feels like a single stack

Attachments

• 2F95E2F3-A149-41F0-BC03-D79E4B4CA465.jpeg
      2F95E2F3-A149-41F0-BC03-D79E4B4CA465.jpeg
      95.5 KB · Views: 73

ls1_guru

Master
    Outclassed almost immediately when double stack magazines were introduced (Hi-Power comes to mind, even though it's single action)
    Same thing I was thinking, why my brain went to them models first. Couldn't think of any besides a 1911 model or P38.

M118LR

Master

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    FN is introducing a revised version of the HP with a 15 17 round magazine, and SA is also releasing their version of the HP with the standard 13 15 round magazine. Both have the magazine safety deleted.

Both are currently unavailable except for a few early samples. But sometime over the next two years you can expect to see new hi-power's on the market. I can see SA-35s up on gun.deals, but the only offers that aren't pre-orders are charging 300 over MSRP.

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    Sounds allot like the Hi-power now comes as a double stack, so it won't be a slim as a single stack. Folks with small hands take note.

M118LR

Master
    Pretty sure it was a double stack in the original model.
    Yup, 13 round staggered mag.
    Now the M1951 Beretta (predecessor of the M92 Double Stack) had a grip width of less than the approximate 1.1-2 of the M1911, and far less than the approximate grip with of 1.5 inches common to staggered (double stack 9mm) large capacity 9 mm's.
    Once upon a time many small handed shooters couldn't comfortably span the extra width and still reach a D/A-S/A trigger. Nowadays many of the compact single stack (and a few of the stack and half) have (1) one inch widths allowing small handed shooters a better grasp. Yet those with large PAW's may find their shorter length uncomfortable. (I can't recall the S&W Model 39's Original width) But the the S&W 39 was a compromise of width vise capacity and allowed many agencies the ability to accommodate small handed shooters, but at a cost of rounds on tap. (yet still more than 6 shot wheel guns with added ease in rapid reloading.)

DGladden

Marksman
    Kahr offers a few with 4" barrels. All of their guns are single stack and double action. I've owned several of the compact and sub-compact models of various calibers and have always enjoyed them. They offer both polymer and steel frames in most models and have even decided to cater to the "Operators" recently by offering a railed version of some of there polymer guns! Oh, and they are made in America to boot.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

M118LR

Master
    Kahr offers a few with 4" barrels. All of their guns are single stack and double action. I've owned several of the compact and sub-compact models of various calibers and have always enjoyed them. They offer both polymer and steel frames in most models and have even decided to cater to the "Operators" recently by offering a railed version of some of there polymer guns! Oh, and they are made in America to boot.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    But there are decided performance advantages to full length 5 inch or longer barrels. Once again another compromise. But based on sales not many folks are sporting Full-sized, Single Stack, (low capacity) 9mm's Nowadays. But since Glock and most of the other double stack Wonder Nines are now offering their pistols with shorter/smaller grip contours, perhaps it's an actual concern?

Top Bottom