• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Not exactly sure this is the "right place," so Mods, move if you must.

As I do every year for the past 20+, I applied for and was "awarded" a general gun quota permit for Blackwater. A week later I get an email saying all the dates on the permit are wrong, you can download another with the right dates.

Well, yes, they are wrong. No, you can't download shit, the "contact FWC" link is broken. This is exactly why liberty-minded people do whst they're gonna do, FWC personnel rarely venture beyond state parks, and I won't see/hear anything.

Once again thinking hard about an AL license. The potential increased cost/drive time is starting is currently outweighing the FWC incompetence/stupid. Anyone that can provide info/experience re; nonresident hunting/licensing; send it. Yes, I've researched the obvious; looking for real world experiences/opinions. Thx.

Welldoya

Master
    I hunted in Alabama for 30 years. The first couple of years was on Container Corporation land near Fort Deposit.
    The other years was in a club with friends and family.
    When I first started, a non-resident license was $50. My last year was 4 or 5 years ago and it was around $350. I’m sure it’s gone up since then and it will keep going up until people stop buying.

TheKernel

Shooter
    I put in every year for general gun. I havent pulled a permit in 3 years. I've never gone longer than a year without getting one, until now.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom