• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakec

Master
    "......potentially unsafe guns and gun owners." wtf? i wonder how theyh define "potentially unsafe"? what a bunch of dumbasses.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Smh... yeah, what makes it unsafe. I like the guys review where he entered an unsafe house to locate it and got shot.sarcasm
    What's sad is people think this is a good idea.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I saw that somewhere yesterday. Written by a liberal professor from a liberal college in liberal California. Someone will sue his ass and win. Well, maybe in California they won't win.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    sounds like Trayvon supporters....they don't want us to have guns so they can beat us up and steal from us!

JohnnyRuger

Expert
    Why do I feel like Holder and DOJ are funding this research? Confiscation? There's an app for that. I can't wait for 2014. The 2nd Amendment vote will hit the Left like a ton of bricks.

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Hope this makes the anti gun fairies feel safe and secure.

tiberius

Shooter
    Just so I'm 100% clear on the concept here...

This guy sees most gun owners as unsafe and unstable. He then proceeds to create an open-source program that allows people who feel the same way to index the probable locations of these crazed gun nuts. If he thinks these people are so dangerous, why on earth would he try to antagonize them?

flyandscuba

Master
    EVERYTHING is potentially unsafe! Even water and oxygen used improperly or in the wrong quantity is unsafe! Drink too much water in too short of time period -- it will kill you! Place yourself in a 100% oxygen environment (especially under pressure) and have an ignition source -- you'll combust! (look at Apollo 1).

Medicine in the proper dosage and used for the proper condition is helpful. Use too much of it -- or for the wrong purpose, it crossed over to poison and will harm or kill you!

Essentially -- SAFETY is determined by behavior. Yes, hazardous conditions can occur -- but they are ALWAYS attached to an unsafe behavior by someone (ommission or commission), somewhere. The gun is not potentially unsafe -- it is the human being that touches it that is potentially unsafe. An app needs to be created for all the potentially unsafe (liberals, progressives, communists, etc.) Oh yes....and put Stanley on there -- because he believes in safety second! :wink:

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Hope someone hacks it and makes it destory it's self.

Deersniper270

Master
    Isn't this profiling? Isn't everyone trying to prevent profiling? Am I missing something here? Oh wait it's not based on race...whew that was a close one...

TURTLE

Marksman
    I'm still trying to figure out what it does??? Does it tell you who owns guns? If so, how the Hell would it know? I personally don't care if people know I have guns. The people that do know I have them also know I wouldn't have a bit of trouble using one.

tiberius

Shooter
    I'm still trying to figure out what it does??? Does it tell you who owns guns? If so, how the Hell would it know? I personally don't care if people know I have guns. The people that do know I have them also know I wouldn't have a bit of trouble using one.

People are supposed to download the program and then submit the addresses of people they know/believe have guns.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Why do I feel like Holder and DOJ are funding this research? Confiscation? There's an app for that. I can't wait for 2014. The 2nd Amendment vote will hit the Left like a ton of bricks.

Amen brother!

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Snitches are Bitches. Maybe someone should tag all the public housing in Brownsville and other areas that could potentially be dangerous, well maybe to themselves????

TraderDan

Master
    Allready did , says they spammed it up with bad info and made it useless.
    This is one example why I won't get a carry permit.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    EVERYTHING
    Essentially -- SAFETY is determined by behavior. Yes, hazardous conditions can occur -- but they are ALWAYS attached to an unsafe behavior by someone (ommission or commission), somewhere. The gun is not potentially unsafe -- it is the human being that touches it that is potentially unsafe. An app needs to be created for all the potentially unsafe (liberals, progressives, communists, etc.) Oh yes....and put Stanley on there -- because he believes in safety second! :wink:
    Hey atleast I don't put safty last. Geez give me a lil credit damn

Patoz

Marksman
    If I read it correctly, the database comes from people who have the app and 'tag' the potential unsafe owner's residence, or locations where the act was observed. That's how the database was corrupted by spammers who loaded it up with anything and everything.

That same type of app was used for spotting oil on the beaches after the BP oil spill, and for spotting those yellow current flow markers released by NOAA.

Top Bottom