• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Hey you are the buddy and did a great job, hope I have friends like you when it counts!

Wrathen

Expert
    (Sorry for grammar and spelling in advance half asleep already, but wanted to take the time and make a post)

Hello everyone Phillip here, just getting into Atlanta and settled into my wife's hospital room after getting up at 5:30am and working a full day. Managed to get out of Gulf Breeze around 5:30pm and had a uneventful drive up. Got the link from duchamp6 and joined the forum.

I'll post more tomorrow but I'm thankful for every kind word and all the actions of everyone so far. I have always been a private person with few close friends and always have had trouble asking for help (even when it's warranted and needed). So something like the generosity and support you all have shown me is like a fairytale story.

Nurses said my wife had a pretty good day today bit was a bit sore from all the PT and OT. The previous two days she had great days she says but we have only been able to talk over the phone, so hoping to hear more about it and see how her mental state and everything is holding up.

If anyone is still in need of an address let me know, I'll post some more updates tomorrow, BUT so far an AMAZING!!! $502 has been donated through PayPal alone!!! That said I still think I would like the Glock to go to a good home as I have only been to the range with it once in the whole time I have owned it and would rather it go to a good home and be used and loved.

I'll leave everyone with a picture of the wife from Thursday when in PT they put her in this special chair and locked her legs in place and slowly cranked it up to where she was in a standing position. She said it felt very weird not feeling her legs but being upright, but was glad to be since she had only been laying down or sitting in a wheel chair since the surgery on 5/18

b8c8a046de8dde389cbc4f364dedb821.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    A gem of a "sale thread". Like it was mentioned above, I also don't need a Glock 27, but I was curious why it had garnered so many pages of comments so quickly. I was glad I checked it out.

These are the situations that allow us to re-cage the gyros and remember that there are still good folks out there who will help out a stranger "just because it's the right thing to do".

I'm glad to be a part of it. I'm very happy for the opportunity, too. All our best wishes for you and your family, man. Take care.

Kanaloa

Master
    Donation to cause sent. Wishing the best.

This is the first I actually looked at the thread even though the title stated "please read". Mods, maybe add another descriptor to title such as "all forum members please read", to somehow distinguish that this is more than a gun ad? Just a recommendation.

Wrathen

Expert
    Sorry I didn't get more posts in this weekend but the wife and I had a great weekend. She had made a lot of great progress both mental and physical. She had managed regain the ability to kick out with her right leg doesnt have control enough to pull it back and left leg is still lagging behind but there are a lot of good signs that over then next 6 months to a year she should regain some ability to walk even if it's only assisted.

On a side note before the checks that were mailed an amazing $632 has been donated thank you to everyone's kinds words, prayers and donations, I'm still floored by all of this

Glock is still available for finding a new home if anyone is interested send me a PM. I also have a solid wood guessing oak 10 gun case that my grandfather gave to me when we got himself a fireproof one being that I only have 2 shotguns I have never used it. I don't know what a fair price is and I cannot deliver it as I do not have a truck but if someone wants it and can come to Navarre near the Zoo shoot me an offer and we can chat here is a photo and I can get more if needed. I could t find any branding on it but for the lock said "Moon"

d825d55ea4b045c419f24e453b4a979b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poppop

Master
    don't do paypal but can mail a check. please post address

rockb

Expert
    Wrathen,

Hang in there.

I have a good friend who had hemorrhagic stroke and was in a coma for about 8 months. When she finally began responding she could do nothing but barely move a couple fingers and not talk at all. It has now been about a year and she can talk and has some movement in one arm and leg.

The human body is amazing. I think that the key to recovery is a positive attitude, emotional support from family and friends, and prayer.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    did everyone get the address?

I can pm it if not.

Top Bottom