• ...and so much more!
  • G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter

Ric-san

Master
    I know each is an individual thing, but is there a common ground for so many Glocks being for sale ??
    And as a disclaimer I've had 2, a 21 and a 19. Sold the 21, and the 19 is on my end table .
    Its like this devil dog....prior to the covid/ stay at home orders/peaceful protests/rigged election time frame, a basic stock Glock 17 or 19, not moded by adding all sort of tacti-kool doo dads or stippled to death by RickyBobby, sold for around $425-450 or about 90% of new price (then). Now you’re lucky to find one for around $550-600. How many folks have one sitting in thier safe just collecting dust when they can be “re-loved“ and the owner can make + $100 to 150 cash money...? A few years ago I bought my current Glock 17 from some old guy at the Milton gun show, for....$425. Its was and still is like new, sitting in my gun safe, collecting dust. Maybe I’ll pull her out for a trip to visit JJ soon and knock some of that dust off...just sayin’.

wildrider666

Master
    Across the board, for used handgun sellers: 2020 may well be know as the Golden Year! We have demand still stripping shelve in dense population areas, new selling at MSRP + -, and used not abused selling at new retail. I don't know how well the "customized" erector set handguns are selling when a basic Glock reliability is well known.

oneshot

Master
    I shoot glock for two reason That the only that Glock will allow you to use in a glock match, Glock gives away a lot of guns and money Have got two this year and about 250.00 . I don't have to run and jump draw from holster Next they same to shoot any thing . But I carry a MP shield. I have been selling both Glock and MP. That I have two of. got a couple of more looking at a G22 and g30 or 33 only thing is I have a lot of Mags for every thing , DECISONS ===DECISONS jUST MY 5 CENTS JJ AT the last match ws told by the Glock REp that there that glock was making from 80K to 100k a month don't if that was just in the US or world wide He said they had every one that they could on line working.

FNHman

Marksman
    Ive never understood the glock thing, tried a 19 once and although it spit out 500rds without a single issue I wasnt impressed with anything other than it worked. I remember when that rapper made them famous from his song way back in the day, all the thugs wanted one after that. They were like throw away guns for criminals since every unlocked car in america had one in the glove box. I guess everybody needs one boat gun they dont care about so maybe thats why there are a billion of them out there now?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Some of it is people looking for the "perfect" gun. Some people believe that there is a pistol out there that after shooting 25 times the next 25rd will be on the X one ragged hole. So they keep buying different ones, then they think oh, if I had X caliber it would suck the soul out of the target and be able to down aircraft with a single shot.
    Then it gets to the price of the pistol,, well if a 500 dollar gun is good,, a 1,000 dollar one is twice as good. On and on. Nope. Its the Indian not the arrow. All my guns are very accurate, I'm not.

ccc

Master
    I fought the idea of a Glock for me personally for years, because I like external safeties, external hammers and decockers. But my father in law is a huge Glock fan and when I started deploying to Afghanistan I needed a gun that was easy to operate and just went boom EVERY TIME for my wife while I was over seas and the Glocks do that ! I can’t think of another weapon that has had as many torture tests as Glocks have had, that more military and police have relied on or is just a great go bang when you need it weapon ! Why are so many sold or for sale ? Because they occupy such a big percentage of the market, so obviously you will see allot of them for sale. I know I have four of them that will never be for sale.

jam0066

Expert
    I think it is that glocks have a good reputation. Doesn’t hurt that there were already tons on the secondary market and they have done a great job keeping the supply going in the last year where other manufacturers didn’t. Probably just market saturation, increased demand, and a solid reputation.
    Are they my favorite? Nope. Do I trust them? Yep

MarkS

Master
    Never even held a Glock always been a fan of hammer fired pistols
    Started with a double/single action revolver that was my Granny’s many years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Glock gets a lot of marketing mileage with Changes/Gens. Oh look, New Glocks have finger groove grip; gotta buy a new one! Oh look, New Glocks got rid of the finger groove grip; gotta buy one! You folks that have to have the gun equivalent of "The new car smell" or the newest big boy toy on the block know who you are. Lol. The "outdated" (Lol) Glocks are often cast upon the used market where the functionality of "older" Glocks still is was reasonably priced.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Facts are facts, a Glock runs all the time, more abuse and torture tests than any weapon and it runs. What are YOU going to trust your life with?

wildrider666

Master
    Facts are facts, a Glock runs all the time, more abuse and torture tests than any weapon and it runs. What are YOU going to trust your life with?
    Well, I carry/trust Glocks and "my 1911s". 1911s They were thumping BGs of all types for 70 years before milk jugs were recycled. Lol. The single stack Glocks loose most, if not all; of the old capacity arguement. Mileage does vary.

Jevaughn

Master
    When someone asks you what they should get for their first gun, what do you tell them? If they're an inexperienced shooter, a Glock is a good choice. Many people start with Glocks as their first, many people stock with Glocks because of their simplicity and utter don't give a damn about ammo. Many people try something else and realize they like something better. Glocks are the biggest selling brand of pistols out there, due to marketing and the fact a lot of law enforcement use them so they must be good, right? Anyway, they're so prolific that there's just more of them out there than most any other brand, so they come up on the market more frequently. Personally, Glocks do not feel good in my hand. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

tros6t

Marksman
    They are simple and they work, but why so many for sale? Probably because folks can make $100 plus profit on them now! I’ve seen some on Gunbroker go for 700-800 for a G19 gen3 or 4!

Top Bottom