• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    My very best wishes to all the bicycle riders. Hope you stay safe and healthy,wear your KOOTIE masks and get all 6 or 8 shots,boosters,etc,etc.
    But whatever you do please turn them little "beanie" helmets around like they're supposed to be. You really look silly. --- SAWMAN
    We had one thread on here not related to covid. Had.

SAWMAN

Master
    JW is of course,right again. But I am trying hard to be much more tolerant of the rest of the human race.
    One SERIOUS QUESTION - -> IF I am driving down the road at 50-60 mph and up ahead there a bunch of bicyclists/bycyclicer's should I blow my horn to announce my coming up in back of them ??
    if so,how close should I be from them before sounding my rather loud horn ?? I do not want to startle/surprise them but would like to feel confident knowing that they are aware that I am approaching.
    BTW - -> no oncoming traffic,I always move into the other lane and slow down to about 40mph.
    is all this adequate for the bicyclists ?? ---- SAWMAN

MAXman

Master
    I guess I have a different perspective from some of you guys, since I have before been minding my business, doing my job in a spot where there shouldn’t have been any vehicles and then bodily struck by a truck.

i have seen bikes and riders go over hoods, and under bumpers. I’ve seen the riders ride away, carry a mangled bike away, and I’ve seen them get loaded into an ambulance. Idk guess I’m not cool enough but I’ve never enjoyed seeing people get hurt,
    It kinda blows my mind to see people talk about running over a cyclist, or break checking them, or running them off the road, etc etc... I’m sure some of it is people just talking big on the Internet, except I see people pulling that kinda crap on avalon and i10 EVERY DAY(with other cars) so idk if people don’t realize they’re playing with peoples lives, or if they’re actually psychopathic.

but it tickles me to see people refer to this forums originator and first owner as “this Ian guy”. Wonder how many of them have also used his business without even knowing?

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    wait until the guy's insurance company finds out the bike he cut off and let it hit him broadside is a $5K Colnago frame that is more valuable than the pickup he was driving

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer

MarkS

Master
    Watched a cyclist leave the bike lane on 98 and cut in front of the traffic coming from Garçon Point bridge than get back in the bike lane. He had a good quarter mile lead on me by the time the light changed and I could take off west bound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B52

Master
    In Florida the bicycle is legally defined as a vehicle and the bicyclist is a driver. Bicyclists have the same rights to the roadways. They are entitled to a lane just like a motor vehicle. They don’t have to move aside to let you pass. And lane sharing is illegal in Florida.
    That's unfair to car owners. Bikes don't pay any taxes, like cars to be on the road. A car isn't allowed to operate 20 MPH below the speed limit without yelling right of way. I can't drive my quad-runner or mini-bike on the road.
    I don't mind bike riders but they need to stay on approved bike road and not impede the flow of traffic. Especially in Pensacola. The roads are already too small for the normal traffic.

SAWMAN

Master
    ^^^^^ Makes perfect sence Bob.
    Bike riders always DEMAND respect. Where is the respect for the people that ACTUALL PAY THE BILLS ?? ---- SAWMAN

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I had no idea that cyclists were rogue non tax paying citizens that shouldn't have similar rights as the rest of us...I am thankful "you people" have pointed this out to everyone...Merica

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    ^^^^^ Makes perfect sence Bob.
    Bike riders always DEMAND respect. Where is the respect for the people that ACTUALL PAY THE BILLS ?? ---- SAWMAN
    It's not powered by fuel so it doesn't require a registration. Neither does an electric bike.......but you have to register a bicycle with a gas engine.
    Why do you have to register a Tesla?
    The world is all messed up.

FelixH

Expert
    Wait, I can quit paying taxes because I ride a bike? I wish I'd known that 30+ years ago!! Think of all the money I'd have saved! Can I stop paying to register my 3 vehicles? Can I get off-road non-taxed fuel for my vehicles too? Please, tell me how I can be one of these non-taxed bikers? I've been riding road bikes and mountain bikes since the 80's. And I pay plenty of taxes. I just choose to spend less time in front of the TV and more time trying to burn off some of the cheeseburgers and beers.

I understand being annoyed with asshole cyclists that hold up traffic unreasonably... it happened to me when I was driving to the start of the Six Gap Century this year (the irony, right??) Two idiots riding side by side taking the whole lane, nowhere to pass safely, and a line of 30 cars waiting behind. It was very frustrating. I always try to not be one of those guys. But stop with the tired, and inaccurate, tax argument.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    True bikers like Ian are good with me. What I do have issues with is crack heads and bum's. They can't hold a line for shit.
    Perfect example, this week a homeless guy was pulling his cart with his bike and the side cart tire got grabbed by a pothole and it jerked him into the road and he was hanging on. COMING AT ME GOING THE WRONG WAY! i swerved and barely missed him. You should have seen the look on his face. Surely the old guy thought he was a goner..... These are the people I have issues with. Not cyclists

Last edited:
    Top Bottom