• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bay Ranger

Master
    Have anyone of you used a GPS tracker for some kind of asset? What I'm talking about is a tracker for some asset (boat, construction equipment, trailer, etc) so that you can find out its location if it is stolen. I know that some car dealers covertly install one on a financed vehicle so that they know where the vehicle is if they need to recover the vehicle for non-payment.

If you use one or know of someone that uses one I would like to know the brand and why you/them use that particular brand.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Famine

Master
    Apple is releasing a tracker that works with their FindMyPhone app. I have used the FindMyPhone app a couple of times to locate lost or misplaced iPhones and it works well. Releases 4/30

AirTag - Apple

HayesGreener

Expert
    We have used them in our PI business. Check Brickhouse Security, they have a wide range of trackers and the staff are pretty knowledgeable

makats

Expert
    Apple is releasing a tracker that works with their FindMyPhone app. I have used the FindMyPhone app a couple of times to locate lost or misplaced iPhones and it works well. Releases 4/30

AirTag - Apple
    I believe that AirTag is not a GPS tracker, it simply connects to nearby Apple users via bluetooth, and those devices transmit the location. In other words, if there are no other devices with GPS nearby that can connect to AirTag via bluetooth (like iphone, ipad, iwatch etc), this device would be useless.

There are other devices that use similar tech (Tile, OmniFob etc) that have been on the market for years, and IMHO they all suck (I personally only used omnifob).

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    If it your items - you need to get a hard wired one.

mid you have enough $$ or enough equipment/cars to justify it you can actually have them hard wired and be able to disable the equipment remotely.

I have a friend who runs a buy here/pay here place and they don’t have to pay for recoveries anymore.

They wait until the person takes the car out in public, then shut it off - most people call and catch up on payments - or they send someone to pick it up.

Bay Ranger

Master
    We have used them in our PI business. Check Brickhouse Security, they have a wide range of trackers and the staff are pretty knowledgeable

Thanks to the recommendation. I looked at their web site and they have a large selection. I think I will call them today and speak with them about my application and see what they have to say.

Top Bottom